Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 13, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #13,201 of 42,759
I just ordered the Mojo. Plan to use with either my 950XL (w/ USB-C adapter) or HTC One M8 when traveling/on the move. Now I will be perusing threads for cable upgrade recommendations.

I'm freakin' excited now!

Mar 13, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #13,202 of 42,759
  Thanks. I'll take a look. Was sure there would be some discussion on here about these cables, but trying to find where it was in almost 900 pages made it a daunting task

It was actually a fluke that I found those posts at all. I was looking for something entirely different and remembered when seeing your post I had another tab open with exactly what you were looking for.

There's so much content in this thread the search actually works against itself. What we need is to maintain some sort of Mojo wiki :)

Mar 13, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #13,203 of 42,759
That won't work with the X5ii and it isn't coaxial standard, if the user wants to be fully 75 Ohm coaxial compliant with proper shielding. Good enough solution to get the job done though for the original X5 and DX90.

I had no idea all that mattered. 

Mar 13, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #13,205 of 42,759
Not being funny but all credit to @Mython I think the third post is one giant wiki but everyone seems to ignore it
triportsad.gif

I really did not mean to insult his efforts. He's been extremely helpful to me and others.

The only problem with the system is that he's the only one that can edit that 3rd post. It makes an excellent FAQ and could have the same function but would require a lot of constant editing by Mython whIch I don't think he has that much interest in doing. he already does so much for this thread.

Mar 13, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #13,206 of 42,759
HI All,

I just picked up my mojo this weekend.  Great bit of kit.  I also own the Hugo which I have had for about a year but found it too big to travel with.   Since the HUGO went through a couple iterations early in it's life, I waited a bit on the MOJO to make sure it was good to go.  

My initial thoughts-
1.  The mojo is close to HUGO in performance.  I find the HUGO to have richer mids and better bass but not a deal breaker and not by a massive margin.

2.  As good as the HUGO is, the design, did need another iteration or two.  i.e. source switching should be made more simple, volume resets everytime you power down, massive size, and etc...  

3.  The mojo addressed many of the concerns I had with using the HUGO in a portable manner including the issues stated above.

4.  May sound silly but even the packaging  on the MOJO is superior to the plain utilitarian packaging of the HUGO.

I am delighted with the progress Chord has made.  I am using the HUGO in my home stereo now but may upgrade that to the TT or some other high-end dac in the future.

Cheers!

Mar 13, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #13,207 of 42,759
I really did not mean to insult his efforts. He's been extremely helpful to me and others.

The only problem with the system is that he's the only one that can edit that 3rd post. It makes an excellent FAQ and could have the same function but would require a lot of constant editing by Mython whIch I don't think he has that much interest in doing. he already does so much for this thread.

You guys do realize that there is a link to the Mojo FAQ that shows up on the right hand side of this thread as well as the third post. Anyone can edit it and contribute.

I'll link it here as well:

http://www.head-fi.org/a/chord-mojo-faq

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #13,208 of 42,759
The thread title says "Please read the 3rd post" and we also have a Wiki on the Mojo. I'm pushing to have in-thread stickies that show at the top of every page of posts so that we can put links there that can't be missed.

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #13,210 of 42,759
Mmmm...love this little stack.

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #13,211 of 42,759
The thread title says "Please read the 3rd post" and we also have a Wiki on the Mojo. I'm pushing to have in-thread stickies that show at the top of every page of posts so that we can put links there that can't be missed.

Honestly, the description to read the 3rd post is pretty clear. People that don't pay attention will likely not pay attention to anything.

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #13,212 of 42,759
Honestly, the description to read the 3rd post is pretty clear. People that don't pay attention will likely not pay attention to anything.

The third link is great but the only problem I can see is someone finding thiir
prolem ,being presented with 20 links ad getting lose going through all of them.

just to play devlls advocate.

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #13,213 of 42,759
REALLY wish the mojo just had a simple mute feature other than turning on and off.

Just destroyed a set of IEMs  cause there are apparently 2 setes of red levels .Oh well ...

I nkow its' used error too much if there was a way to just hit mute without ripping the cable out ,those IEMs might still be with us today. it's the ecruciatingly long wait from whtever volume to 0 that did them in.

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #13,214 of 42,759
I turn volume down everytime I turn it on first, before pressing play, as I have had to ysnk thr buds out of my ears when it started booming, uncomfortable experience, I didnt like thst.. Idk what thr mojo was at such a high volume, I guess I accidentally pressed it up, I only have 1 pair of headphones, my audio equipment is strictly a portable one

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #13,215 of 42,759
I turn volume down everytime I turn it on first, before pressing play, as I have had to ysnk thr buds out of my ears when it started booming, uncomfortable experience, I didnt like thst.. Idk what thr mojo was at such a high volume, I guess I accidentally pressed it up, I only have 1 pair of headphones, my audio equipment is strictly a portable one

that;s usually what i do but

1,.i forgoet there are two leverls of "red" and plug in is more difcciluctly when you need to find out if its's low vol red or high vol red.
2. is instant mute less interesteing to people than double buttons to set to line out? even just auto go to minum and work you way up woud be so much niver IMO...

@Mojo ideas

KIP a KZ ATE again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back