Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 9, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #12,886 of 42,759
The suggestion is right there on the back of the box.

Li-Po doesn't have the same "memory" effect as Li-Ion if that is what is in fact what is inside the Mojo.

Apologies I didn't find that they had posted in here on this issue. A thread as active as this can be a little difficult to search.

Well at least all you guys now know more than you wanted to about Lithium Ion now :)

Li-on doesn't have a memory effect either. You're thinking of Ni-Mh. There are best practices for Li-on like not keeping it at full charge for long periods stressing the battery and not discharging it too low either. It is best to charge only to 80% and drain only to 20% for extended overall life.

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #12,887 of 42,759
I guess maybe the note in the 3rd post about the initial charge could contain that it's a Li-Po battery, cause I went there to check first and battery nerds like me might not storm in asking about it.

But even when you search for all the right terms and you still get pages and pages of search results the right answers get lost in there so thanks to you all who keep answering the same
smily_headphones1.gif

On a different note, potentially a stupid question, but this is the kind of cable I need to run from a 3.5mm optical jack into Mojo's coax, right?

Li-on doesn't have a memory effect either. You're thinking of Ni-Mh. There are best practices for Li-on like not keeping it at full charge for long periods stressing the battery and not discharging it too low either. It is best to charge only to 80% and drain only to 20% for extended overall life.

gah, you're right, it seems like only yesterday i was running battery drain applications on my Powerbook 165.

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #12,888 of 42,759
vapman you can not use an optical cable to plug in to a coaxial port. Optical literally uses pulses of light where as coaxial uses electrical voltage to transmit a signal. The two are not compatible.

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #12,889 of 42,759
@vapman you can not use an optical cable to plug in to a coaxial port. Optical literally uses pulses of light where as coaxial uses electrical voltage to transmit a signal. The two are not compatible.

What will work in the Mojo's coaxial port then? I have a Minidisc unit I want to use with the Mojo which has a 3.5mm digital out (Doesn't specify coax or optical), so I assumed it was coax due to the plug size.

It's easy enough to find a mini Toslink to Toslink if that's what I actually need.

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #12,890 of 42,759
What will work in the Mojo's coaxial port then? I have a Minidisc unit I want to use with the Mojo which has a 3.5mm optical out, so I assumed it was coax due to the plug size.

It's easy enough to find a mini Toslink to Toslink if that's what I actually need.

Um, a coaxial output will work with the coaxial input. Electricity to electricity. :wink_face:

You need to use optical to optical. Light to light. :wink_face:

If the mini disk has a 3.5mm mini optical output you need to use a 3.5mm optical plug to optical TOSlink cable. Something like these ones.

http://www.sys-concept.com/U-toslink_miniplug.html

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #12,892 of 42,759
Guess I didn't realize until today there's 3.5mm versions of both optical and toslink. you learn something new every day. thanks @x RELIC x

TOSlink (the square plug) is optical, it's just the name for the connection type, like 3.5mm is also the name for the connection type.

Just like S/PDIF refers to both optical and coaxial as it just an acronym for Sony / Phillips Digital Interface Format. But coaxial and optical are different transmission types.

:beerchug:

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #12,893 of 42,759
TOSlink (the square plug) is optical, it's just the name for the connection type, like 3.5mm is also the name for the connection type.

Just like S/PDIF refers to both optical and coaxial as it just an acronym for Sony / Phillips Digital Interface Format. But coaxial and optical are different transmission types.

beerchug.gif

You are a good man.

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #12,894 of 42,759
Mar 9, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #12,896 of 42,759
Not sure if it's an upgrade because I never heard the TH-600. But honestly, don't think they would be that much better. The P7 can hold its own against many higher priced cans with a V type sound signature. Best way to find out is audition and determine if there's incremental upgrade proportionate to additional $500 you're shelling out. Or you can try selling P7 and get a little closer to the $1000 you need for the TH-900. I can pretty much guarantee if you like the P7, you'll absolutely love sound signature of 900 on all fronts. Especially if paired with the Mojo. It can also be directly driven from most phones due to low impedence (25 ohm I believe).

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #12,899 of 42,759
I'd like to be able to use my iPod classic with my chord mojo, into headphones. Anybody know if that is possible, and if so how? Thanks,

iPod Classic into Cypher Labs Solo or Fostex HP-V1 then via Coaxial Out into the Mojo.

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #12,900 of 42,759
I'd like to be able to use my iPod classic with my chord mojo, into headphones. Anybody know if that is possible, and if so how? Thanks,

I've got a similiar question, only lets widen the net a bit! If not the ipod clasic, then - Is there any other carrier other than ak100 you guys suggest with the mojo? The old ak100 is sluggish and could be slimmer (like an apple product is), especially for triple-stacking with a pure 2 like I intend to...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back