Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 20, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #1,263 of 42,765
Oct 20, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #1,264 of 42,765
  My order was placed at 12:09 EDT. Drew did respond to my email yesterday. He says the first batch is expected in 10 days. But, he doesn't know the size of the batch, so he can't commit on whether my order will be fulfilled in first batch.

Interesting ...

The moon-audio website currently says that the first batch will arrive this week, and that the second batch is shipping next week (and is almost sold out).  These two pieces of information don't gel.  If the batch size isn't known then the notices on the website regarding what's sold out can't be accurate.  And 10 days is definitely not "this week".

Would love to know what's actually going on - won't change when it arrives, I know, but clear expectation management helps.

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #1,265 of 42,765
Mine was vibrating but I didn't hear any weird screech. You're not the first to mention it though.
Problem solved partly so , with Apple charger 1A and 5 V there is no weird sound from inside , but I can feel vibration while touch the body .With Nokia charger with higher amperage 1,3 A and 5V no vibration at all but I can hear this squeak from inside , so which amperage is the best for device ? hmmm

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #1,266 of 42,765
Interesting ...

The moon-audio website currently says that the first batch will arrive this week, and that the second batch is shipping next week (and is almost sold out).  These two pieces of information don't gel.  If the batch size isn't known then the notices on the website regarding what's sold out can't be accurate.  And 10 days is definitely not "this week".

Would love to know what's actually going on - won't change when it arrives, I know, but clear expectation management helps.

Yes, its confusing.

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #1,267 of 42,765
Hi all.

I'm still waiting my mojo from moon audio, but also I'm looking for a dap to pair with mojo. Currently I'm using fiio x1 and ipod nano 6th generation with old 30-pin port, but both of them can't pair with mojo. BTW it will be really portable if mojo can pair with ipod nano 6g...

Any recommendation of DAP which can make mojo really portable? What's more, are there any sound quality differences between expensive dap and cheap dap when pairing Mojo?

Thank you.

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #1,268 of 42,765
M2Tech Hiface 2 coax out > Mojo... the sound now is ridiculous. Tightens the bass, everything is wider and larger even more so, probably 10% improvement on top of the already great out of box sound! I reckon it would be happy to challenge any dac now at any cost! I guess Mojo likes a clean jitter free digital signal (who doesn't).

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #1,269 of 42,765
  Hi all.

I'm still waiting my mojo from moon audio, but also I'm looking for a dap to pair with mojo. Currently I'm using fiio x1 and ipod nano 6th generation with old 30-pin port, but both of them can't pair with mojo. BTW it will be really portable if mojo can pair with ipod nano 6g...

Any recommendation of DAP which can make mojo really portable? What's more, are there any sound quality differences between expensive dap and cheap dap when pairing Mojo?

Thank you.

+1

I'm looking for digital out (either optical or coax), at least 256G of storage and a good UI. It'll probably never be used as anything but a transport, so as cheap as possible...

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #1,271 of 42,765
Interesting, the venerable X5 (coax) seems to sound different to the QP1R (optical), a bit shoutier, less refined, but - with slightly more prominence to the mids, and - dare I say it, slightly airier (soundstage)?

Would like others to share opinions, as this could well be placebo!?

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #1,272 of 42,765
Interesting, the venerable X5 (coax) seems to sound different to the QP1R (optical), a bit shoutier, less refined, but - with slightly more prominence to the mids, and - dare I say it, slightly airier (soundstage)?

Would like others to share opinions, as this could well be placebo!?

Blind volume matched test called for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back