Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 7, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #12,616 of 42,765
Hi guys,

my mojo just arrived from custom-cable and I've putted it in charge for 5 hours now.

In the last 3 minutes I can clearly hear static noise coming from the unit. but the white charging led is still on.
 Should I unplug the mojo??

For charging I'm using "Anker PowerPort 5" and "Anker PowerLine" as it was stated in the mojo's main page FAQ that this combo was the best for mojo silent operation while charging.

Mar 7, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #12,617 of 42,765
  Hi guys,

my mojo just arrived from custom-cable and I've putted it in charge for 5 hours now.

In the last 3 minutes I can clearly hear static noise coming from the unit. but the white charging led is still on.
 Should I unplug the mojo??

For charging I'm using "Anker PowerPort 5" and "Anker PowerLine" as it was stated in the mojo's main page FAQ that this combo was the best for mojo silent operation while charging.

You charging another device on the PowerPort 5? Try charging your phone with it as the noise performance on the PowerPort 5 gets a whole lot better if it is under more load.

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #12,619 of 42,765
  You charging another device on the PowerPort 5? Try charging your phone with it as the noise performance on the PowerPort 5 gets a whole lot better if it is under more load.

Hi Ra97oR,
now it seems that the humming noise disappeared 
confused_face(1).gif

White led disappeared, another couple of minutes and then I'll try the little one for the first time 
gs1000.gif

I'll keep in mind your advise of charging something else beside the mojo if the noise return! Thank you

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #12,620 of 42,765
Quote:
  Mojo will only take as much current as it needs. It's been covered many times here. 1 amp is the bare minimum and 2 amps will be fine. I read also in use 1.7amps is the draw, so 2amps will be fine for carging whilst playing. I'm using a 2.1amp power source and it charges nicely all the time.

Quote:
  Thanks for solving the 2 amp question salla45.

Right numbers, wrong units. The draw of the Mojo is 1.7w....to play music.

P=VI

Therefore 1.7w = 5V x ?A

1.7W / 5V = ?A = approx 0.4A

Using a 1A charger the Mojo draws power for both charging and playing remember.

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #12,621 of 42,765
Hi friends , i have one question. Coming iphone 7 will remove 3.5 jack and use lightning port as audio out. Then how this affect to chord mojo.Then mojo will able to get data via lightning port as now(6s)?
Or
Mojo will able to play dsd without onkiyo player?
I just ask this question to get idea about future proofness of chord mojo?
Hope experts ans on this matter.
Thx

Mar 7, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #12,622 of 42,765
Hi friends , i have one question. Coming iphone 7 will remove 3.5 jack and use lightning port as audio out. Then how this affect to chord mojo.Then mojo will able to get data via lightning port as now(6s)?
Or
Mojo will able to play dsd without onkiyo player?
I just ask this question to get idea about future proofness of chord mojo?
Hope experts ans on this matter.
Thx

If Apple does remove the 3.5mm jack we shouldn't see any impact to the Mojo. Apple is said to be keeping the Lightning connector and we can continue to connect the two as we do now.

As for the Onkyo player, that's an unknown. We don't know right now what sort of changes are coming to iOS 10 and we most likely won't until summer at WWDC. Apple could introduce a change to the OS that blocks some of the app's functionality or maybe even render it obsolete with updates to the Music app. Perhaps they'll do nothing with DSD and everyone who has those files will need to continue using the Onkyo app.

Mar 7, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #12,623 of 42,765
Hi , anybody have pair the MOJO with AUDEZE LCD 2 Fazor ? Thanks in advance .

Hey there I haven't heard the combo myself, but I have read several times that the combo is exceptionally good...

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #12,626 of 42,765
Hi,

I'm looking for a pair of over-ear headphones that will compliment the Mojo.

The HD650 is currently selling at £233 on Amazon UK, which seems a good price. How much better would the HD800 or Beyerdynamic T1 be?

Is there anything else that I should consider? I currently have ie800 IEMs and really like them.

Thanks for any and all advice

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #12,627 of 42,765
  . How much better would the HD800 or Beyerdynamic T1 be?

Why putting a picture of cans you have never listened to as an Avatar? :p

HD650 and HD800 are two quite different things and flavours.
HD800 is better in every aspect, but is more colder and analytical if not amped properly.

HD800s, even if  they sound good with the Mojo, it is a waste , they deserve something better for the amplification.
something that could handle high impedance in an easier way

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #12,629 of 42,765

I compared the LCD-2 to my HD600s in my Mojo last week and preferred the LCD-2 by a large margin. The difference was not subtle.

I think, that is mostly because of the different natures of the two headphones. Mojo drives HD600 very well. However HD600 still can sound slightly better, as they scale extremely well. But for 90% of headphone enthusiasts Mojo drives HD600 well enough. That is why I think, it is more likely your headphone preference than Mojo's abilities. HD600 is great for acoustic live music, not that good for EDM. For this reason I prefer X2s over HD600. (Admitting its advantages with certain genres.) LCD2 is also a more bass focused headphone, while HD600 is obviously mid focused.

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #12,630 of 42,765
  Hi,

I'm looking for a pair of over-ear headphones that will compliment the Mojo.

The HD650 is currently selling at £233 on Amazon UK, which seems a good price. How much better would the HD800 or Beyerdynamic T1 be?

Is there anything else that I should consider? I currently have ie800 IEMs and really like them.

Thanks for any and all advice

£233 is like the average price of a HD650. Do not get fooled of discount prices.
If it is not urgent and you have some patience, you can easily find a pair around £180 new either on eBay or smaller (but trustworthy) internet shops.
I paid £165 for new pair of HD600s (eBay), and I have recently seen them new for £175 from an online shop.
There are some really lucky deals, if you can afford waiting a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back