1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
  1. catoval55
    good to hear Mython. play-on[​IMG]

2. mathi8vadhanan
    That's good to know, I trust your ears. We were one of the few people complaining about HUGO hissing out of multi-BA iems. 

3. Sonic77

Awsome pictures, thanks for sharing. I just purchased two Mojos, just now, can't wait to hear it.

KT66 likes this.
  4. all999

Can You confirm that Mojo works with streaming apps, especially Tidal, on Your S5?

5. mathi8vadhanan
    Can some one stack this with a Sony A10 series Walkman for size comparison?

6. beemarman
    Sadly it does not work with my S5 (lollipop). Not sure if it's the S5 or the mojo.

It worked with my old Sony Z1 and my Hugo.

7. Duncan Moderator
    The liquid midrange that MoJo offers is interesting, makes vocals much more intimate than with the Hugo, I have to say with one hour on the clock (versus countless hundreds on the Hugo) I actually prefer the baby brother...

New toy hype maybe? However this is a much more intimate sound, listening to Katie Nicholas' "technical glitch" the soundscape is warmer, and I could argue more precise, the strumming of the guitar on the right channel is so pinpoint accurate...

I can see this being a big winner for those that find the Hugo cold...

This is with Layla's so obviously YMMV with full sized cans.

8. all999

Not working at all or with streaming apps? If You could try it with S6, I will apreciate it.

http://www.head-fi.org/content/type/61/id/1474748/

I can see a Tidal apple here.

9. Duncan Moderator
    What music player on the S6? (I don't do streaming, sorry)

10. all999

Thanks Duncan, Tidal is the only app I'm using now.

11. Duncan Moderator
    Hmm, I will check out the free trial period...

all999 likes this.
  12. PhilW
    received_10153101797781850.jpg

This little unit is incredible....have found airplane mode to be essential though certainly using UAPP.

13. sneaky415
    I am in need of a dac for my desktop computer. A couple of days ago I ordered the Arcam irDAC. Now I read about this Chord Mojo. Should I cancel my order for the irDAC and go for the Mojo instead? Price is about the same. Opinions please.

14. Duncan Moderator
    Something weird, optical is supposed to cap out at 24/192, so why is this working...

image.jpg

Sorry for crappy image, is DSD over optical...

15. TokenGesture
    Portables are maybe the one area where my rule SQ trumps everything doesn't apply. Ergonomics are really important if you carrying it around on your person. The HA2 is great for that. Strapping this thing to a phone, nah, can't see it.

Reports that it sounds better than the Hugo have me as a Hugo owner who stumped up tithe cash fuming a little, or is that just me? Chords pricing seems weird TT is twice the price of Hugo this less than half price and sound quality reportedly all seems very close to each other.

Interesting times for sure

smial1966 and catoval55 like this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last