Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 20, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #11,674 of 42,765
This is what I used to use for the Oppo HA-2, and it never damaged the leather. The guys on that thread said it was a good option. The only knock on it is that the adhesive can only be used once and won't work a second time.

I'm not worried about the beater case on my Galaxy S4, but I just want someone else to be the Guinea pig with their Mojo, lol.

Feb 20, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #11,675 of 42,765
I also bought an oyaide but didn't open it yet as I already stuck 3m smartlocks on both mojo and Ak100 previously. I'm not sure if it will stick on the mojo matte surface though so I don't want to remove the 3m yet if I have to go back to it.
The oyaide is not permanent, you can take it off anytime.

In Japan it was like ¥600, $19 is ...wow

edit:
I finally decided to try, love the reduced thickness. It is definitely removable and re-positionable, although it is quite hard to seprate the 2 devices as I used the full sheet.

(the 3M smartlock was surprisingly super easy to remove and it didn't leave any residue)

Have you needed to remove the velcro strip from the Mojo yet? I believe this solution is safe, but I'm not sure if anyone has tested it yet.

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #11,676 of 42,765
  I wouldn't mind a desktop version of Mojo.
I mean it works quite well.
But recharging and overheat issues as a desktop DAC can be a small pain.
I still don't care having this awesome sound for the price. (Addictive!)
Bur I wouldn't mind if I could forget about charging, etc.
(I hardly ever use Mojo as portable device.)

Exactly. A "Mojo TT" would be a fantastic solution. The Hugo TT has absolutely no appeal to me because of its battery and the DAVE is simply not within reach of the majority of headphone enthusiasts. If Chord developed a "Mojo TT," and it was affordably priced, it would sell very well and you would see another 800+ page long thread on Head-Fi with people swooning over it. Seems like an obvious product for Chord to produce and they could get more ROI out of the development costs that went into Mojo. I cant think of a reason they have not already done this. 

If Chord put the Mojo into a larger table top enclosure and removed the battery, I would buy one right away. 

Feb 20, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #11,677 of 42,765
We'll have to let Rob comment on this but I believe the battery is one of the reasons Mojo has such low noise and low noise floor modulation. It runs off the battery not a standard ACPS.  When you charge and play the power is coming from the battery and the AC mains connection recharges the battery simultaneously.  At least that's what I've gleaned from all these posts.  That said, Chord could leave the battery in and just provide an AC plug in connection.  No big difference.  Fewer changes required.  Another way to accomplish exactly the same thing is with an AC docking station for Mojo.  Maybe that's in the works already.

EDIT:  I meant an AC wall wart that puts out 5V DC or whatever, not a 230V mains input.

Feb 20, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #11,678 of 42,765
We'll have to let Rob comment on this but I believe the battery is one of the reasons Mojo has such low noise and low noise floor modulation. It runs off the battery not a standard ACPS.  When you charge and play the power is coming from the battery and the AC mains connection recharges the battery simultaneously.  At least that's what I've gleaned from all these posts.  That said, Chord could leave the battery in and just provide an AC plug in connection.  No big difference.  Fewer changes required.  Another way to accomplish exactly the same thing is with an AC docking station for Mojo.  Maybe that's in the works already.

EDIT:  I meant an AC wall wart that puts out 5V DC or whatever, not a 230V mains input.

Why not just plug usb into a wall socket using an adaptor and usb to computer for audio?

Feb 20, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #11,679 of 42,765

You're right and that is why the Hugo TT retains a battery. And I'd love to see Rob Watts comment on the feasibility of removing the battery from the Mojo. As a table top, they would not have the same IEM noise floor constraints because that would take it out of the portable market. A docking station for home use would be a possibility if they could address the heat issues while charging/playing and it could drive headphones like the HD 600/650, HD 800/800S, HE1000 etc. Either way, I'd like to see Chord get the job done and bring a Mojo TT to the market.  

Feb 20, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #11,680 of 42,765
Really? I think I still have Blutak under my fingernails from modding an HE-6 five months ago. I mean, it's better than working with dynamat, but I still thought it was painfully messy.

Hey, buddy! My Mojo will be here Monday, and I want to stack it with my Galaxy S4 I use as a transport.

Up to now, I've been using removable double-sided velcro tape, but I don't want to ruin the Mojo's finish.

This solution worked surprisingly well for the Oppo HA-2's leather.

Nice dude! You're going to love it. Can't wait to see what you think.

Feb 20, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #11,684 of 42,765
Just a new mojo from Moon Audio, I had to send the old one back because the battery only lasted 2 hours. I dunno how to account for this but this mojo is quieter-seems that way to me. I normally listen at red-red but now I'm listening at green-green on albums I know I listened on red-red. Super happy camper to get my mojo back! Great customer service from Moon Audio-something went wrong and they took care of me, highly recommended. Communication was good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back