Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 11, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #11,162 of 42,765

It's based on Linux, it's not the same thing. Android just works out of the box, I don't know much about Linux, but from what I've read it installing it on a computer requires a lot of computer knowledge or whatever.

Oh - no worries, it's okay!

Yeah, Linux is the kernel that Android runs on. Big part of it! :wink:

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #11,163 of 42,765

Are you trolling??  

Android is built on the Linux kernal

Won't change the fact that it's not really the same thing and Android works out of the box, that analogy didn't make much sense. The matter of fact here is that the Mojo has a massive flaw and problem and it's not easy to be fixed. Countless of people have complained about it and they're doing nothing to fix it, all they've done is deflect blame and claim the fault is with every player out there.

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #11,164 of 42,765
Android also works out of the box, and it's the most popular for a reason, no one cares about Linux. Chord could have prevented people a lot of trouble but they didn't care enough.

To be fair, Android and iOS works out of the box now due to user feedback and multiple iterations. Mojo is Chord's first attempt at something truly portable. I'm pretty certain with all the feedback in here, Mojo v2 would be even better.
Food for thought: Android is version 6 and iOS is version 9 vs Mojo v1. I think Chord did a fantastic job for their 2nd try (Hugo can be considered first I suppose).
Again, these are just my thoughts. We may agree to disagree :)

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #11,165 of 42,765

Won't change the fact that it's not really the same thing and Android works out of the box, that analogy didn't make much sense. The matter of fact here is that the Mojo has a massive flaw and problem and it's not easy to be fixed. Countless of people have complained about it and they're doing nothing to fix it, all they've done is deflect blame and claim the fault is with every player out there.

I'm not sure what problems your experiencing.

I haven't had any issues on ANY source. My laptop works perfectly even with DSD.

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #11,166 of 42,765

I'm not sure what problems your experiencing.

I haven't had any issues on ANY source. My laptop works perfectly even with DSD.

The first 0.5 second being skipped, and sometimes all songs having the first 0.5 seconds skipped. If you go to the mojo issues thread, the solution is to abandon your current media player and use Jriver. It's that bad.

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #11,168 of 42,765
Idk about the Cl, but mojo is definitely altered sound depending on what device feeds it... Idk if your cl responds the same to source

From experience, the CL Duet adds a bit of warmth when paired with my DX90. The Mojo, on the other hand, just amplifies everything but doesn't add anything; it remains "true to the source" but I feel as if everything sounds larger, more dynamic, more refined.

I have the CLAS/ALORXMK3-B stack prior to owning the Mojo and I find that the CLAS DAC, while great in its own right, it's performance isn't up to the level of Mojo in terms of accuracy and fluidity of the music.

Thank you very much for the feedback! Since I haven't had the opportunity to own a full CL stack prior to getting the Mojo, I was thinking that I might be missing anything with the Mojo. I didn't get the CL Solo since there's no way for me to pair the DX90 and the CL Solo. Thanks for the reassurance! :)

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #11,169 of 42,765

The first 0.5 second being skipped, and sometimes all songs having the first 0.5 seconds skipped. If you go to the mojo issues thread, the solution is to abandon your current media player and use Jriver. It's that bad.

The 1st .5 or maybe even longer is being skipped on every song on my iPhone 6S Plus, I thought it was just me............is it just random iPhones or are all similarly affected?

I guess I can tolerate it because the Mojo sounds so gooooooood but damn, it does get kind of annoying. Is there no fix coming in the near future?

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #11,170 of 42,765

The 1st .5 or maybe even longer is being skipped on every song on my iPhone 6S Plus, I thought it was just me............is it just random iPhones or are all similarly affected?

I guess I can tolerate it because the Mojo sounds so gooooooood but damn, it does get kind of annoying. Is there no fix coming in the near future?

I don't have this issue with my iPhone.

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #11,171 of 42,765
Iphone 6 here, don't have this problem either 
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #11,172 of 42,765
Gasp! There's a glitch in the Matrix. Some head-fiers are living half a second behind in time when they hook into the Mojo :p

Quick John and Rob, hide. Agent Smith will be coming for you.

Jokes aside, can those who have issues detail it those who don't have issues: connection type, iOS version, player, file type?

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #11,174 of 42,765

Oh boy.... Chord made a choice. They decided to avoid pops on sampling rate changes (which I hear with FiiO DAPs for example), so Chord added a 0.5 second delay on sampling rate changes. Apparently some computer software stops playback between songs and the Mojo sees this as a change, or a new start. I don't think it's that they 'don't care' but they've made their choice. You don't agree with it and that's fine, but it's not really a flaw or apathy as you say, just a different approach from what you want.

Edit: You should read my signature as I think it's very appropriate for your situation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back