Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 8, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #10,921 of 42,759

What's the point of that? Looks to me it just adds another link in the chain that isn't necessary, but for me it'd be Moon Audio.  Plus moon audio has a 10% return fee, which would be $60 which would be more than it would cost for me to ship it straight to Chord.

"We offer 14 day return policy on full price or regularly priced items. There will be a 10% restocking fee on all returns with a minimum fee of $25."

Plus I've had it for more than 14 days.

re-stocking fee is for no-cause returns, not "this is messed up" issues.  The reason is primarily to save it from having to be shipped to England, among other things.

Feb 8, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #10,925 of 42,759
Should I plug my mojo in when the battery light is orange/green or when it's red for best performance and longetivity?

typically, with Li-Ion batteries, it's best to avoid super long charges.  But I hesitate to say anything conclusively without knowing any specifics to Mojo.  Essentially when it comes to lithium ion battery health, heat is usually the main enemy that will cause it to age faster than normal (all lithium ion batteries will age and need to be replaced eventually).  And long charging runs tend to rack up heat, which, in theory causes faster battery death.  For iPhones, for example, it's typically advised to keep the charge between 20 and 80% as much as possible.  However, this effect shouldn't be large.  I think the biggest thing is to probably avoid charging while listening when possible, as it does get very hot then.  But also, don't drive yourself crazy over this.  Lithium ion batteries are going to slowly lose their capacity, and you just replace them; it's not the end of the world.  

Feb 8, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #10,926 of 42,759

typically, with Li-Ion batteries, it's best to avoid super long charges.  But I hesitate to say anything conclusively without knowing any specifics to Mojo.  Essentially when it comes to lithium ion battery health, heat is usually the main enemy that will cause it to age faster than normal (all lithium ion batteries will age and need to be replaced eventually).  And long charging runs tend to rack up heat, which, in theory causes faster battery death.  For iPhones, for example, it's typically advised to keep the charge between 20 and 80% as much as possible.  However, this effect shouldn't be large.  I think the biggest thing is to probably avoid charging while listening when possible, as it does get very hot then.  But also, don't drive yourself crazy over this.  Lithium ion batteries are going to slowly lose their capacity, and you just replace them; it's not the end of the world.  

If I am not mistaken, it's a lithium-polymer battery. I don't know if it has different properties to Li-I.

Feb 8, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #10,927 of 42,759

If I am not mistaken, it's a lithium-polymer battery. I don't know if it has different properties to Li-I.

ah, yeah, this is why I am so hesitant to say much conclusively about battery best practices, as the Mojo hasn't really been around long enough to know best practices.  And Chord hasn't said much officially that I've seen about it either.  Regardless, probably the best advice is to simply enjoy it however is most convenient for you, and then just replace the battery when the time comes.  

Feb 8, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #10,928 of 42,759

ah, yeah, this is why I am so hesitant to say much conclusively about battery best practices, as the Mojo hasn't really been around long enough to know best practices.  And Chord hasn't said much officially that I've seen about it either.  Regardless, probably the best advice is to simply enjoy it however is most convenient for you, and then just replace the battery when the time comes.  

I was reading up on this thread about the battery. Chord reps said basically 10 years for the battery, don't worry how you use it, then send it in for a replacement.

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #10,931 of 42,759
  I was reading up on this thread about the battery. Chord reps said basically 10 years for the battery, don't worry how you use it, then send it in for a replacement.

yeah, though I'd be a bit hesitant to take that at full face value, because no Mojo has been tested that long, obviously.  But yeah, I do agree that the best approach is probably just not to bother worrying about it, and then just replace it when it goes bad.  

Feb 8, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #10,932 of 42,759

yeah, though I'd be a bit hesitant to take that at full face value, because no Mojo has been tested that long, obviously.  But yeah, I do agree that the best approach is probably just not to bother worrying about it, and then just replace it when it goes bad.  

How do you find the mojo is comparison to the m9xx? 

Feb 8, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #10,933 of 42,759
  How do you find the mojo is comparison to the m9xx? 

Been head to heading the m9XX and Mojo for about a week to 10 days now.  At times it's really startling how similar these two units are sound wise.  Only real major difference I've noticed between the two is when the Mojo gets really hot from charging and playing simultaneously.  Otherwise, they're not just neck and neck, but at times I am certain that if I was A/Bing them head to head I wouldn't hear a difference.  Both incredibly neutral, transparent and musical units.  Both have very black backgrounds.  Both are very dynamic.  Both have no issues with damping on lower imedpance cans.  Both have plenty of power for the headphones I use. (the hardest to drive headphones I own at this point are the HE400i pictured above).  Both incredible all aluminum build quality.  

Feb 8, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #10,935 of 42,759
  Cool, thanks:)

earlier today I was listening, and had forgotten which of the two I had hooked up, and I realized that, so I didn't look down and tried to see if I could pick out which it was by ear.  I couldn't.  They're that close in voicing.  I can easily hear differences in every other amp I currently have, but these two differences are crazy subtle, if existent at all.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back