Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 1, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #10,441 of 42,765

Guys,

I don't know whether i am in minority. I just can't wear IEMs at all. I feel so much uncomfortable when i wear IEM. I feel like dying
frown.gif
That's why i still use apple earbud or Bose earbud.

As i have the Mojo now, i just bought HD650 headphone. But taking everyday to office is a pain for me.

Will you please suggest any good earbud to pair with mojo.

How is Sudio TVA ?

Please advice guys, thanks a lot in advance.

Leave the headphones at the office and get another one for home

I will do that, i am going for VE ZEN 2.0 .. any alternative or that will be best for my Mojo ?

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #10,442 of 42,765
  You're in the minority, like me. And having tried ALL sorts of tips, I gave up, switched to custom IEMs and haven't looked back since.

I'm in the same boat.  It would take me literally 5 minutes of pain to get some rubber flange ear tips to properly seal. I tried a bunch of others tips and it just would not give me a proper seal - it drove me nuts.  Custom IEMs solved this and I haven't looked back as well.

:)

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #10,443 of 42,765
No loss in sound quality. I've only owned one adaptor (a cheap rip-off of a major commercial brand purchased in the early '90s) that I thought had any effect on the sound.  I agree with your plan. For not being a multi-thousand-dollar statement amp, the Mojo does a nice job with the HD800s IMO. 

Sorry for the late reply. Had some things come up. Thanks for the advice. I did a lot of thinking, and decided to take the plunge and order a Chord Mojo.

Currently I have a Schiit Lyr + Fiio E17 combo amping my HD800. I know my set up isn't what most people would use. Truth be told, I'm not that rich. Been collecting headphones for 10 years now, and have been wanting the HD800 since they were first released. They have been a dream of mine, something I could never achieve.

But the money and timing was right, and when the price dropped, I scooped one up. I actually cried when I used them for the first time, since I had spent so many years dreaming of that moment.

In some ways, it's kind of a positive I'm a casual audiophile. I don't have great hearing, and don't understand all the technicals. I just love different sound signatures and appreciate high quality audio. So even with my current set up, I was in heaven listening to the HD800.

But I also wanted something better then the E17. Something to hold me over for 3 years until I could afford a better set up. After reading all the reviews and impressions, I fee like the Chord Mojo is up my alley. And since I'm a casual, I'm hoping I'll be really impressed.

I fee like the risk isn't high, since I have a family member that wants a Mojo and would pay me it in full if it's not my thing. But I'm still a mix of nervous and excited. Trying to keep my expectations in check and just clear my mind and go in with a neutral mindset.

Probably a stupid question. But given I have a Lyr, would you guys recommend using the Lyr for the amp and using the Mojo for the DAC (replacing the Fiio). Is that possible to do? Or would it be better to just plug directly into the Mojo and Amp/DAC.

Can't wait to get it. Should be here by Wed.

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #10,444 of 42,765
Sorry for the late reply. Had some things come up. Thanks for the advice. I did a lot of thinking, and decided to take the plunge and order a Chord Mojo.

Currently I have a Schiit Lyr + Fiio E17 combo amping my HD800. I know my set up isn't what most people would use. Truth be told, I'm not that rich. Been collecting headphones for 10 years now, and have been wanting the HD800 since they were first released. They have been a dream of mine, something I could never achieve.

But the money and timing was right, and when the price dropped, I scooped one up. I actually cried when I used them for the first time, since I had spent so many years dreaming of that moment.

In some ways, it's kind of a positive I'm a casual audiophile. I don't have great hearing, and don't understand all the technicals. I just love different sound signatures and appreciate high quality audio. So even with my current set up, I was in heaven listening to the HD800.

But I also wanted something better then the E17. Something to hold me over for 3 years until I could afford a better set up. After reading all the reviews and impressions, I fee like the Chord Mojo is up my alley. And since I'm a casual, I'm hoping I'll be really impressed.

I fee like the risk isn't high, since I have a family member that wants a Mojo and would pay me it in full if it's not my thing. But I'm still a mix of nervous and excited. Trying to keep my expectations in check and just clear my mind and go in with a neutral mindset.

Probably a stupid question. But given I have a Lyr, would you guys recommend using the Lyr for the amp and using the Mojo for the DAC (replacing the Fiio). Is that possible to do? Or would it be better to just plug directly into the Mojo and Amp/DAC.

Can't wait to get it. Should be here by Wed.

You can get amp your hd800 with lyr and just use the Mojo as a dac. I'm pretty sure Mojo would sound better on its own though as an amp and a dac for your hd800. I generally do not recommend schiit products from the Valhalla2 I had. Not very good in sound IMO. Mojo would be light years better if it sounds anything like the Hugo.

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #10,446 of 42,765
You can get amp your hd800 with lyr and just use the Mojo as a dac. I'm pretty sure Mojo would sound better on its own though as an amp and a dac for your hd800. I generally do not recommend schiit products from the Valhalla2 I had. Not very good in sound IMO. Mojo would be light years better if it sounds anything like the Hugo.

Yeah, I think I read in the HD800 thread, people that had the Mojo and HD800 said they preferred using the Mojo for both DAC + Amp. They had even tried using a separate amp, and ended up liking the sound better by only using the Chord Mojo.

I'll just try that first. I'm not a super audiophile so I'm not expecting a miracle. Based on what I've read though, I think this will be great for me. Super excited.

If you guys don't mind, I'll post my impressions on head-fi even if I don't know the technicals and am an idiot. I'll at least update you guys on how it's going.

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #10,447 of 42,765

Try both and see what you think. My experiences so far with Schiit tube amps (not the Lyr) are YMMV depending on what stock tubes they could get in large quantities that were OK. There seem to be a few 6922 and the like tubes out there which are quite an improvement over what came stock for not unreasonable prices. 

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #10,448 of 42,765
Yeah, I think I read in the HD800 thread, people that had the Mojo and HD800 said they preferred using the Mojo for both DAC + Amp. They had even tried using a separate amp, and ended up liking the sound better by only using the Chord Mojo.

I'll just try that first. I'm not a super audiophile so I'm not expecting a miracle. Based on what I've read though, I think this will be great for me. Super excited.

If you guys don't mind, I'll post my impressions on head-fi even if I don't know the technicals and am an idiot. I'll at least update you guys on how it's going.

Personal impressions are part of what makes Head Fi fun. Please do post your impressions.

:beerchug:

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #10,449 of 42,765

Try both and see what you think. My experiences so far with Schiit tube amps (not the Lyr) are YMMV depending on what stock tubes they could get in large quantities that were OK. There seem to be a few 6922 and the like tubes out there which are quite an improvement over what came stock for not unreasonable prices. 

Will do. Would be easy enough to A/B, so it makes sense to do it. 

I got my Lyr years ago, and it's a Lyr 1. I'm still using the Stock tubes that it came with, and have never changed them out or done anything with them since I first got it. I've been satisfied with the Lyr + the Fiio, but I also have never had anything else to compare them to. I've never known anything else. And honestly, I probably shouldn't have invested in a Tube amp, when I didn't even know anything about tubes. I have no idea what type of tubes I got with my Lyr, and have never rolled them. Given tubes impact the sound...you can see the problem there. 

Truth be told, I'm probably not getting the best out of my Lyr + Fiio set up. What really appealed to me with the Chord Mojo, was how much it streamlined the process. Which would be a big deal for someone like me that is ignorant.  And if nothing else, the size is also a plus. I have to travel to Japan quite a bit in the year, and when I'm back at home, I bounce between two apartments. So carrying around a Schiit amp, isn't really realistic.

Personal impressions are part of what makes Head Fi fun. Please do post your impressions.

beerchug.gif

I'm really happy I found this place.
smile.gif
 Everyone here has been so kind to me, and has treated me so well, despite my lack of knowledge and being dumb. I've gotten PMs from people + thread replies, where people helped me out. I've never felt pressured by anyone to buy a product, I've actually had people give me "multiple options" (even if it's not what they are using) + info to go along with it. I've tried posting in other audiophile areas, and have been given the cold shoulder, or were snarky towards me, because I lacked knowledge about the more technical aspects and was a casual. But everyone here has been really nice and helpful, and it's really made me happy!

Anyways, now I'm rambling and going off topic. I'll post impressions when I eventually get my Mojo in. Thanks again for everything guys.

redface.gif

<3

Feb 1, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #10,450 of 42,765
Guys i just bought my Chord Mojo.

I am thinking of buying VE ZEN 2.0

Any alternative i should think of ?

Thanks in advance guys.

Feb 1, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #10,451 of 42,765

Thanks in advance guys.

I just ordered VE Zen 2.0 from AE.

Feb 1, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #10,455 of 42,765

Thanks in advance guys.

im not a fan of the earbuds but in the budget my fav always is the shure 215 , they cost around 100usd 

See i am in the minority. For me i cant wear IEMs at all. I feel like dying if i wear the In ears for more than 5 seconds :frowning2:

Now you got me, why am i going for earpods.
If this wasn't the issue, i would have easily bought Sennheiser IE800 or Se846 months back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back