1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695
697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706
Next

Last
  1. Pokersound
    Hi.

You could read about VE Zen 2.0. Is a very good earbud, I think is one of the best, I have Zen 1.0 and is the best earbud I've listened and pair very well with Mojo but the 2.0 seem to be even better

2. kenman345
    Where can one even buy those? and where are reviews?

3. Pokersound
    You can read about it here, there is a forum and buy it in aliexpres.com

4. Saoshyant
    @kenman345 http://www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up-update-april-25th-2015

5. masterpfa
    Shame about your SysConcept experience not good at all. But earlier in thread there was also reference to a "Bad experience" with a Moon Audio product something along the lines of faulty and agreed by the supplier, but vendor although agreeing to repair the item would not pay for [postage and as international customer they were not best pleased.

In the end our own personal experiences count to our decisions and your positive experience with Moon Audio is a case in point, just as others dealins with Sysconcept.

Customer service is always king IMO YMMV.

6. dallan Contributor

This is true however I would way rather pay for postage than a new cable at 90% retail price. Edit-Oh, and plus international postage I'm sure.

masterpfa likes this.
  7. masterpfa
    Personally I would say go for it, but then again I would. I personally don't have any experience of your quoted equipment above, but I do know for my own personal tastes and my experience with several HP's and IEM's this little bundle of joy punches well above it's weight. IMO

I know you have also stated portability is not a requirement, but put it this way, if you could get near the same experience on the move as you could from sitting in the comfort of your home, with something you already own (that's assuming you would, by now, have the Mojo in your possession) it would be a shame to not to.

But at the end of the day, we are all different, have differing tastes and hear things differently. But what you should also take into account is not everyone that enjoys their Mojo or do not have any problems on their Mojo, contribute or post their findings. imagine a thread with posts along the lines of 
    "I have a mojo and I have no problems at all". More than likely people requiring advice or solutions are most likely to post questions or concerns, alas the silent satisfied majority have through history have always remained silent.

If able to try visiting a store that have a shop item to try or visiting a local Head Phone meeting at a recent show about 25% of independent vendors were using Mojo to demonstrate their HP's

(OK maybe not 25% as I didn't count, but a surprisingly large number were)

YMMV

8. GreenBow
    @Coopaw I think it depends on what you are going to listen to it with. Some people say the Mojo competes with all DACs up to Hugo.

Some reviewers on DACs in general say there is little point spending lots on DAC to use with cheap headphones. The sort of words they use are, "Doesn't make sense with less than (£250) Grado SR325e etc.". (I don't know if I agree.)

You know your headphones that you mentioned though. I don't. Up to you. What Hi-Fi rate the Mojo best DAC up to £800. Every other pro-reviewer seems to love it.

The Mojo has a few idiosyncrasies. You could look and see what they are in the short thread; http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issue-solutions-thread

9. GreenBow

After listening to Katie Melua - Call off the Search with the Meridian Explorer it did seem to click less if at all. Whereas the Mojo was hectic random clicks here and there.

However listening to the same album on JRiver with WASPI it seemed to clear it up for the Mojo. There may have been one click but that was it. Dunno if it was JRiver that did it, or switching from Media Go and Direct Sound driver.

10. x RELIC x Contributor
    Another great review of the Mojo...

http://www.head-fi.org/products/chord-mojo/reviews/15145

Mython likes this.
  11. oleWhiskey
    You're a Great Review!   

#Satire, You just left that open and I'm stupid like that. ◕‿◕ 

12. x RELIC x Contributor
    :blink:

Lol, it's not my review. :wink_face:

13. music4mhell
    Guys,

I don't know whether i am in minority. I just can't wear IEMs at all. I feel so much uncomfortable when i wear IEM. I feel like dying :frowning2:.
    That's why i still use apple earbud or Bose earbud.

As i have the Mojo now, i just bought HD650 headphone. But taking everyday to office is a pain for me.

Will you please suggest any good earbud to pair with mojo.

How is Sudio TVA ?

Please advice guys, thanks a lot in advance.

14. georgelai57
    You're in the minority, like me. And having tried ALL sorts of tips, I gave up, switched to custom IEMs and haven't looked back since.

15. lurk

Leave the headphones at the office and get another one for home

uzi2 likes this.
First

Back
686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695
697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706
Next

Last