Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 31, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #10,426 of 42,765

Budget is sub-$200. I am looking for an earbud,not an IEM. I have CIEM's and Aurisonic Rockets (now Fender I guess) but I want something that doesnt go inside the ear but rests on it. This will be for work when I dont want something clamping my head. I listen to most every type of genre, even country. I like neutral sounding headphones normally. Anything else you need for a recommendation? I was thinking Yuin PK1 but its only because its one of the only earbud I know of.

Hi.

You could read about VE Zen 2.0. Is a very good earbud, I think is one of the best, I have Zen 1.0 and is the best earbud I've listened and pair very well with Mojo but the 2.0 seem to be even better

Jan 31, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #10,427 of 42,765
  Hi.

You could read about VE Zen 2.0. Is a very good earbud, I think is one of the best, I have Zen 1.0 and is the best earbud I've listened and pair very well with Mojo but the 2.0 seem to be even better

Where can one even buy those? and where are reviews?

Jan 31, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #10,430 of 42,765
Yeah, I was pretty pissed. No more of my money that way. I mentioned it in the Hugo thread, just as long as people know that once they get it they are on their own.

Shame about your SysConcept experience not good at all. But earlier in thread there was also reference to a "Bad experience" with a Moon Audio product something along the lines of faulty and agreed by the supplier, but vendor although agreeing to repair the item would not pay for [postage and as international customer they were not best pleased.

In the end our own personal experiences count to our decisions and your positive experience with Moon Audio is a case in point, just as others dealins with Sysconcept.

Customer service is always king IMO YMMV.

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #10,431 of 42,765
Shame about your SysConcept experience not good at all. But earlier in thread there was also reference to a "Bad experience" with a Moon Audio product something along the lines of faulty and agreed by the supplier, but vendor although agreeing to repair the item would not pay for [postage and as international customer they were not best pleased.

In the end our own personal experiences count to our decisions and your positive experience with Moon Audio is a case in point, just as others dealins with Sysconcept.

Customer service is always king IMO YMMV.

This is true however I would way rather pay for postage than a new cable at 90% retail price. Edit-Oh, and plus international postage I'm sure.

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #10,432 of 42,765
  Should I jump on the Mojo Bandwagon?

HI all;

I have been lurking around Head-Fi and the other headphone sites for a little while now. I’ve been wading through this thread, I read the beginning including the “3rd post” and picked back up on page 600 and trying to catch up to current but very time consuming. I picked up on One Tall Guy’s Q&A thread since I to am mid 60s and have typical hearing loss for my age and similar concerns.

I’m just getting into the Head-Fi hobby.  I’ve been addicted to  audio gear all my life and have a pretty high end vintage stereo rig as well as an above average home theater setup.  The problem is with my wife home most of the time, I can’t really enjoy the stereo rig without disturbing her. 

I have had a pair of Shure E5c’s and some SE4 series Shure IEM for a while and use a Geek Out 450 with them as well as a pair of HE-400s with Focused A pads I just picked up ( my first recent purchase), which I like very much.  I have a pair of Fidelio X2 coming in a week or so to evaluate against the 400s’ and I’ve signed up for the Massdrop Fostex TH-00x drop coming in May.  I tried the Oppo PM-3’s but I preferred the airiness and soundstage of the HE-400s.  The Oppo’s to quote someone from one of the forums, “are quite good and neutral but just boring”.  They were comfortable and the closed back was a plus but I just couldn’t get excited about them.  I’m hoping the Foxtex will fill that void.

I mostly listen to rock, folk , R&B and popular with a lot of female vocals. I also listen to some Jazz and Classical as well.  Some EDM but can’t stand Techno, Opera or most Country.

So hear is my question have any of you new Mojo converts had any previous experience with the Geek Out device and how would you say they compare?  

I toyed with the idea of getting a Schiit Vali 2 Tube amp and feeding it with the Geek Out or one of the Schiit DAC’s as a cheap option.  I suppose I could also feed it from the Mojo to experiment with tube flavoring.

I just don’t want to spend $600 on the Mojo to find out it is a 1 or 2% improvement over what I’m listening to. I like the GO and  from all I’ve read it’s very respectable.  I found a couple of comparison with the GOV2 to the Mojo and those people preferred the Mojo but not by a huge margin.  I’ve searched and can’t fine anyone who has compared it to the GO450 or the 450 to the V2 for that matter.

I should also mention I would not use the Mojo away from home much if at all. I can survive the quality of my iPad or iPod into the Shure IEM’s for a 4 hour flight now and again.  I typically would use it from my Macbook while sitting in the family room and drawing the files from either my Mac Mini HTPC or from a NAS drive that has several thousand AAC and Apple lossless files stored on them.

I’ve been reading how awesome the Mojo is but if I don’t need the portability, should I be considering some other option in a similar price range.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Personally I would say go for it, but then again I would. I personally don't have any experience of your quoted equipment above, but I do know for my own personal tastes and my experience with several HP's and IEM's this little bundle of joy punches well above it's weight. IMO

I know you have also stated portability is not a requirement, but put it this way, if you could get near the same experience on the move as you could from sitting in the comfort of your home, with something you already own (that's assuming you would, by now, have the Mojo in your possession) it would be a shame to not to.

But at the end of the day, we are all different, have differing tastes and hear things differently. But what you should also take into account is not everyone that enjoys their Mojo or do not have any problems on their Mojo, contribute or post their findings. imagine a thread with posts along the lines of 
"I have a mojo and I have no problems at all". More than likely people requiring advice or solutions are most likely to post questions or concerns, alas the silent satisfied majority have through history have always remained silent.

If able to try visiting a store that have a shop item to try or visiting a local Head Phone meeting at a recent show about 25% of independent vendors were using Mojo to demonstrate their HP's

(OK maybe not 25% as I didn't count, but a surprisingly large number were)

YMMV

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #10,433 of 42,765
@Coopaw I think it depends on what you are going to listen to it with. Some people say the Mojo competes with all DACs up to Hugo.

Some reviewers on DACs in general say there is little point spending lots on DAC to use with cheap headphones. The sort of words they use are, "Doesn't make sense with less than (£250) Grado SR325e etc.". (I don't know if I agree.)

You know your headphones that you mentioned though. I don't. Up to you. What Hi-Fi rate the Mojo best DAC up to £800. Every other pro-reviewer seems to love it.

The Mojo has a few idiosyncrasies. You could look and see what they are in the short thread; http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issue-solutions-thread

Jan 31, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #10,434 of 42,765
  Update on the discussion about the Mojo making random clicks/pops. I think before it was reported some people had it with HD-audio, and quality ferrite shielded cables I think fixed it.

I noticed it a while ago, changed cables with other 'cheap' cables and thought it was reduced. Then last night I was listening and it was doing it more. Then it struck me it was with the same album that was doing it before. Whereas other albums were not doing it as much.

It means the issue could be with the rip, or the album, the cable, or the Mojo. The album I have most clicks with is Katie Melua - Call off the Search.

I did however have no issue with this album with my Meridian Explorer. I think I can rule out the ME not being sensitive enough to pick up the clicks. Therefor I think it rules out the rip and the album. I will listen to the album again on the Meridian Explorer just to be 100% sure.

After listening to Katie Melua - Call off the Search with the Meridian Explorer it did seem to click less if at all. Whereas the Mojo was hectic random clicks here and there.

However listening to the same album on JRiver with WASPI it seemed to clear it up for the Mojo. There may have been one click but that was it. Dunno if it was JRiver that did it, or switching from Media Go and Direct Sound driver.

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #10,435 of 42,765
Another great review of the Mojo...

http://www.head-fi.org/products/chord-mojo/reviews/15145

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #10,437 of 42,765
:blink:

Lol, it's not my review. :wink_face:

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #10,438 of 42,765
Guys,

I don't know whether i am in minority. I just can't wear IEMs at all. I feel so much uncomfortable when i wear IEM. I feel like dying :frowning2:.
That's why i still use apple earbud or Bose earbud.

As i have the Mojo now, i just bought HD650 headphone. But taking everyday to office is a pain for me.

Will you please suggest any good earbud to pair with mojo.

How is Sudio TVA ?

Please advice guys, thanks a lot in advance.

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #10,439 of 42,765
You're in the minority, like me. And having tried ALL sorts of tips, I gave up, switched to custom IEMs and haven't looked back since.

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #10,440 of 42,765
Guys,

I don't know whether i am in minority. I just can't wear IEMs at all. I feel so much uncomfortable when i wear IEM. I feel like dying :frowning2:.
That's why i still use apple earbud or Bose earbud.

As i have the Mojo now, i just bought HD650 headphone. But taking everyday to office is a pain for me.

Will you please suggest any good earbud to pair with mojo.

How is Sudio TVA ?

Please advice guys, thanks a lot in advance.

Leave the headphones at the office and get another one for home

Users who are viewing this thread

Back