Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 30, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #10,291 of 42,765
That's true - my bad. The classic CCK name lives on despite Apple's changing of the name of that adapter to the "Lightning to USB Camera Adapter"

Cheers 

We need to start using Apple LUCA to connect iPhones from now on. :D

Jan 30, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #10,294 of 42,765

Lol! There's a section on charging IN THE 3rd POST OF THIS THREAD.....

Actually I worded my post wrongly. What I meant to ask if it's really needed.

10 hours seems like a long time to wait to use a new toy I just bought!

I found it worth it to leave it running overnight during the first charge. It sounded a bit congested out of the box, but that disappeared afterwards.

Jan 30, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #10,295 of 42,765
Going to take the plunge and order one. Had a quick question about cables. I currently have a Schiit Lyr +Fiio E17 DAC. I have all this running to my PC, and my HD-800 directly connects to the AMP (with the big Jack). I assume I need a cable adapter, since my HD800 would plug into the smaller jack slot on the Chord Mojo. 

I actually have a Sennhsier adapter, so got that covered. This might sound stupid, but I was wondering if going from the HD800s big jack to the smaller jack through the adapter, if that would be a serious loss in quality. I don't know much about cables tbh, as I've just stuck to the original that comes with my Headphones in the box. 

I'm just going to plug my HD800 directly into the Chord Mojo, and then have my the Chord Mojo go to my PC.

Or is that a really bad idea? 

Jan 30, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #10,296 of 42,765
  Going to take the plunge and order one. Had a quick question about cables. I currently have a Schiit Lyr +Fiio E17 DAC. I have all this running to my PC, and my HD-800 directly connects to the AMP (with the big Jack). I assume I need a cable adapter, since my HD800 would plug into the smaller jack slot on the Chord Mojo. 

I actually have a Sennhsier adapter, so got that covered. This might sound stupid, but I was wondering if going from the HD800s big jack to the smaller jack through the adapter, if that would be a serious loss in quality. I don't know much about cables tbh, as I've just stuck to the original that comes with my Headphones in the box. 

I'm just going to plug my HD800 directly into the Chord Mojo, and then have my the Chord Mojo go to my PC.

No loss in sound quality. I've only owned one adaptor (a cheap rip-off of a major commercial brand purchased in the early '90s) that I thought had any effect on the sound.  I agree with your plan. For not being a multi-thousand-dollar statement amp, the Mojo does a nice job with the HD800s IMO. 

Jan 30, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #10,297 of 42,765
I found it worth it to leave it running overnight during the first charge. It sounded a bit congested out of the box, but that disappeared afterwards.

Curious, do you really think the congestion had anything to do with the charge level, or other 'burn-in'?

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #10,298 of 42,765

Curious, do you really think the congestion had anything to do with the charge level, or other 'burn-in'?

Who knows. I've had a lot of gear that, one way or another, responded to the heat of running, even if music wasn't playing. The Hugo sounded better after 10 minutes of warm-up. Maybe the batteries need some initial use to start working effectively? This is all speculation, as Rob reckons the Mojo doesn't require "burn-in". 

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #10,299 of 42,765
i read the third post but couldn't find my question and sorry if its posted there
i read that mojo dac and amp are on one chipset so u cant by pass the amp
so i have hd800 and want to use my little dot amp but with the mojo as a dac , could u please tell me how the connection will be ??

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #10,300 of 42,765
  i read the third post but couldn't find my question and sorry if its posted there
i read that mojo dac and amp are on one chipset so u cant by pass the amp
so i have hd800 and want to use my little dot amp but with the mojo as a dac , could u please tell me how the connection will be ??

I'm using mojo as a DAC for my stax 323s amp. It looks like this: Mojo - 3.5 to RCA adapter - RCA cable - 323 amp.

To activate maximum output power, press and hold both volume buttons while turning Mojo on.

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #10,301 of 42,765

I'm using mojo as a DAC for my stax 323s amp. It looks like this: Mojo - 3.5 to RCA adapter - RCA cable - 323 amp.

To activate maximum output power, press and hold both volume buttons while turning Mojo on.

To avoid confusion, this does not activate maximum power, but a fixed 3V

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #10,303 of 42,765

I use a Sennheiser 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter for my Ether-Cs, this one: http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/hifi-tv-headphones/hd-558/jack-adapter-635mm-to-35mm-094029.html
I have also tried: http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/hifi-tv-headphones/hd-650/jack-adapter-cable---635mm-to-35mm.html
I personally found that the second one had a slight negative effect on the sound quality, so I use the first one.

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #10,304 of 42,765
Has anyone experienced the Mojo keeping its 3V setting even after turning off and on again? It happened twice to me. Fist time, it almost killed my Fitear 335. Luckily I noticed the huge hiss at the beginning of the song and unplugged it quickly. Second time, I saw the volume balls was illuminated in violet and had to decrease the volume (usually they are pink-ish).

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #10,305 of 42,765
  Has anyone experienced the Mojo keeping its 3V setting even after turning off and on again? It happened twice to me. Fist time, it almost killed my Fitear 335. Luckily I notice the huge hiss at the beginning of the song and unplugged it quickly. Second time, I saw the volume balls was illuminated in violet and had to decrease the volume (usually they are pink-ish).

The Mojo remembers what volume you had last and does not reset when you turn it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back