Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 27, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #10,096 of 42,765
  Yes what would you like to know?

I have been using the Mojo with my OnePlus One for some time although it is dependent on the OTG cable used.
I have got it to work with the supplied USB OTG and the OnePlus One OTG, or this short OTG.

Use together with UAPP (my favourite), Onkyo HF Player or Neutron and IMO you will not bne wanting for much more.

Thanks for your reply!       how do you rate the portability of the combination ?  do the connections get badly affected  by  everyday movement like walking running etc ?   or is very securely connected ?     is it convinient to carry in the pocket etc ?                 Thanks so much    

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #10,097 of 42,765
With the OnePlus X's size the short OTG cable which is the most secure of all the cables I have tried, means I have a firm continual connection ALWAYS with my OnePlus One
Strap both together to reduce movement and you should be fine.

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #10,099 of 42,765

Right,  But you never know!  lol I have seen weirder things happen when troubleshooting other devices and electronics

All electronic devices are susceptible to this when plugged in if not grounded.  My MacBook has that electrical buzz sensation when I use the short wall mount adapter that lacks grounding.  When plugged in using the extender chord that has a grounding prong the sensation is completely absent.  It's not really a problem unless you hear noise in the audio out when charging, but from what I read there shouldn't be and you can use a grounded power supply if it bothers you, which should solve the problem.

I haven't tested this yet but I'm not concerned as I didn't buy it to be a desktop DAC.

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #10,100 of 42,765
Ill still stick to my statement and this comes from years of crazy and awesome experiments,  I have seen weirder things happen when troubleshooting other devices and electronics. regardless of it being grounded.   I must have a extremely dry sense of humor for anyone to provide a rebuttal to my satire statement

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #10,102 of 42,765
I use iphone5 as well, I believe the crackling has something to do with the latest version of ios.  Try using onkyo HF player and set the options to transmit bit-perfect and see what happens.  I believe this has come up recently in the thread (like last 20 pages) so you may be able to search or look backward but again I believe it's the latest version of ios.

Please point out where is the option in Onkyo HF Player iOS app to transmit bit perfect? If you mean turn off the up or down sampling that I have already done. Thank you.

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #10,103 of 42,765
Please point out where is the option in Onkyo HF Player iOS app to transmit bit perfect? If you mean turn off the up or down sampling that I have already done. Thank you.

I also need verification about this

And any other tips to get the best out of mojo

Most on other threads believe this mojo is just hype and people will sell them and move on to other things shortly, I will be keeping mine, I love it, how about you guys?

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #10,105 of 42,765
IMO if people get bored and want to move on that's fine with me. I've heard enough gear to know the Mojo is special and has no competitors, even well above its price. The tech that is inside is quite stunning and the musical reproduction is, to say the least, remarkable.

I've seen the hype on other products recently based on marketing claims and buzz words but for the Mojo I find the hype to be absolutely real. I'm still enamoured by its natural sound, which is rare for me (as my wallet can verify).

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #10,106 of 42,765
IMO if people get bored and want to move on that's fine with me. I've heard enough gear to know the Mojo is special and has no competitors, even well above its price. The tech that is inside is quite stunning and the musical reproduction is, to say the least, remarkable.

I've seen the hype on other products recently based on marketing claims and buzz words but for the Mojo I find the hype to be absolutely real. I'm still enamoured by its natural sound, which is rare for me (as my wallet can verify).

Well said!!!

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #10,107 of 42,765
My carry case for the rig (Lowepro LP36372) , I added a piece of foam from one of my Glock gun cases (visible on the right/inside case area, now the fit is perfect.   I also put a small foam piece on the top of the mojo to prevent it from sliding up (even though it doesn't move-that inner strap keeps it snug too)

Jan 28, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #10,110 of 42,765

Of course the balanced output is going to be better than the Mojo, the Mojo doesn't have balanced output.

Well, that's like saying a dual processor PC is always better than a regular one. Problem is, you could compare a 2002 dual Pentium Pro rig with one powered by the current i7. Not much of a contest there, is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back