Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 25, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #9,977 of 42,759
The blame lies with Apple, not Chord. There is an overseas cable that is much nicer than using the ccx cable and the mojo usb, but I've only seen it sold in the UAE (iirc)

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #9,978 of 42,759
Does anybody else have issues when nudging the micro cable up or down or is it only a minority?

Has anybody tried doing what I did in the video to find the connection isn't breaking and all is ok?

I've noticed a couple of my micro usb cables wobble and don't firmly lock on.

This is for both micro usb sockets (power and data)

This may prove problematic down the line..

I had this issue with the included micro USB cable.  Replacing that with one I already owned eliminated the disconnect issues.

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #9,979 of 42,759
There's a problem that seriously frustrates me:

After using it for an entire day, it shuts off, and when I turn it on a red light flashes and it shuts off. I've had the USB dac and charging cable on all the time while using it, so why does it act like the battery died? The only thing I can do then is switch the cables and it'll turn on and I can use it while charging it.

Jan 25, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #9,982 of 42,759
  SETUP B (Spotify Premium > Macbook Pro Late 2015 > Chord USB > Mojo > 1964 V6 Stage = Fun & Detai)

- Instrument details were much clearer. No effort needed to pin point every instruments
- Bass & lows hits less harder but > quantity versus setup above (noticeable in Lana Del Ray Young & Beautiful opening where there is a slow rumble)
- Vocal is more forward where instruments were more located "behind", "left" & "right" for the lack of better description.
- Entire spectrum is more dynamic & fun

To each his own obviously but for the life of me I do not understand why somebody would pay tons of money for DAC's and AMP's and Headphones etc and then listen to it on spotify and MP3's...I get it when a person is on the go and has a pair of inexpensive earbuds perhaps but for serious listening?....I have a spotify account that i use on my computer when I want to sample an album before buying it and just get an idea whether or not I like the style of music etc.....again,to each his own i guess

I am absolutely with you buddy. I mean What right? The experiment was conducted purely out of curiosity & I was taken back by the results of how different source (good or bad (?) & cables could alter the perceive sound to my experience. Placebo? Maybe... Insanity? Most likely... in conclusion, no audio gear could sum up the final equation and you can only trust you ears.

Cheers!

Jan 25, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #9,984 of 42,759
hi guys, plan to swao my dx90 to a fiio x5ii, i'm just after the dual micro sd slots since i'm connecting it to the mojo, i'm not missing out on anything right? and will a standard 3.5mm interconnect like the fiio L17 work when connecting the x5 second gen to the mojo via coaxial? its what i use when connecting the dx90... thanks in advance :)

Jan 25, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #9,985 of 42,759
  SETUP B (Spotify Premium > Macbook Pro Late 2015 > Chord USB > Mojo > 1964 V6 Stage = Fun & Detai)

- Instrument details were much clearer. No effort needed to pin point every instruments
- Bass & lows hits less harder but > quantity versus setup above (noticeable in Lana Del Ray Young & Beautiful opening where there is a slow rumble)
- Vocal is more forward where instruments were more located "behind", "left" & "right" for the lack of better description.
- Entire spectrum is more dynamic & fun

To each his own obviously but for the life of me I do not understand why somebody would pay tons of money for DAC's and AMP's and Headphones etc and then listen to it on spotify and MP3's...I get it when a person is on the go and has a pair of inexpensive earbuds perhaps but for serious listening?....I have a spotify account that i use on my computer when I want to sample an album before buying it and just get an idea whether or not I like the style of music etc.....again,to each his own i guess

because not all music has high res versions available for downloading :/    do you have the streaming quality set to extreme? Spotify sounded really good with the mojo for me.

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #9,987 of 42,759
Here is a novel idea. I was wondering if it would be possible to get the iPod classic working with the mojo. If the people who made the lightning cables can make iOS devices work with the mojo, can't they make a 30 pin cable that would enable the iPod classic to work with the mojo as well?

Before anyone says it wont work without having tried it, people said the same about the oppo ha2 yet it worked just fine with the iPod Classic :wink:

Albeit, the HA2 is MFI certified but a 30 pin version of the cables that work with iPhones + Mojo should work with the iPod Classic theoretically. Can anyone recommend a seller who I can contact to get a cable like this?

Thanks in advance!

@x RELIC x  any suggestions buddy?

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #9,988 of 42,759
  Here is a novel idea. I was wondering if it would be possible to get the iPod classic working with the mojo. If the people who made the lightning cables can make iOS devices work with the mojo, can't they make a 30 pin cable that would enable the iPod classic to work with the mojo as well?

Before anyone says it wont work without having tried it, people said the same about the oppo ha2 yet it worked just fine with the iPod Classic :wink:

Albeit, the HA2 is MFI certified but a 30 pin version of the cables that work with iPhones + Mojo should work with the iPod Classic theoretically. Can anyone recommend a seller who I can contact to get a cable like this?

Thanks in advance!

@x RELIC x  any suggestions buddy?

Just a heads up, I already tried the 30 pin to USB camera adapter with my iPod Classic 160Gb...no dice. 
confused.gif

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #9,990 of 42,759

#ASK

Hi, im using this cck coonection to mojo on my ip6s ios 9.2,, on the screen says that device didnt recognize,, any suggestion???

Really? I'm using the iPhone 6 / latest firmware and have zero issues!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back