1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660
662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671
Next

Last
  1. nmatheis Contributor

Apple's Music app doesn't support FLAC, but you can absolutely play FLAC on an iPhone with numerous 3rd party apps. I've got a few on my iPhone and really like KaiserTone. It's a paid app that has a lot of control over sound.

2. emgeebee
    I've been trying with a pi, 200gb microsd, wifi dongle and volumio. It works pretty well: the pi runs a wifi hotspot and I use my phone as I have remote. The pi even seems to have enough power to charge the mojo, but I need to test more... I want to test something like pijuice too and see if I can make it truly remote.

A case for the whole setup would be the finishing touch, I was thinking about something like a playing card case but it might be a fraction small...

3. NaiveSound
    For example my note 5 plays much nicer with mojo, much better over my dx80 (coax) and much better than a Toshiba laptop, and decent with a mac, not so good with iPhone,

I feel that it clearly matters what you use as source to fee. Mojo, so now the question still remains...
    What is the best source to use to maximize Mojo sexyness?

4. yoyorast10
    How can I charge it and use it at the same time? I've got in the the usb slot to the left, hooked into my PC, and whenever I turn it on it just shuts off.

5. harpo1
    You PC is only putting out .5amps and the mojo requires 1amp.

6. nmatheis Contributor
    OT WARNING: Raspberry Pi questions below...

Ok, Raspberry Pi guys, Banana Pro, Cubieteuck type guys, what's a good resource for this type of stuff for someone new to the Raspberry Pi world? I'm not a complete noob, though. I used to install Linux distribution like guys in here go through audio gear but have been out of the game for awhile. I think Raspberry Pi was just released when I stopped playing around with Linux. Feel free to PM me, so we don't further derail the thread.[/

7. Pokersound
    Hi friends.

I don't have Mojo yet, hope will be at home in two days but as Rob recommend the volume at the phone app should be at max to get the best signal to the Mojo.

Maybe the sound change if the volume is not at max in the phone app.

could you try and post your impression.

Thanks

8. Carl6868

Lol, maybe they don't want to pay 20-30$ per month for the service, I know I don't

harpo1 likes this.
  9. Skampmeister
    And my internet is not up to par to reliably stream Tidal.

10. Skampmeister

Thanks for the ripp on this app, I just bought it and I am putting in the hires stuff I want to play, but why is my mojo only getting Redbook when I play 24/96 album. My power button stays red.

11. CareyPrice31
    What case options are available for the Mojo and where do we buy?

12. neilvg

Its 20 a month which while 2x orher services is wuite cheap when you factor in this hobby.

You dont need to stream. Download everything in HiFi. Its on your computer and phone in lossless FLAC. People spend more on a single album.

13. shuto77

In the U.S., you can get Tidal for the student price of $10 for the HIFI (premium) account if you have a .edu email account. It's totally worth $10.

14. spook76

It may be the application. When I first used my Mojo with an iPod Touch I was using the TuneShell app and all my albums from 16/44 to 96/24 were outputting (downsampling) at 16/44 (red light on the Mojo). I moved my library over to the paid version of Onkyo HF Player and now every album outputs at the correct bitrate (just remember to turn off the upsampling option in the settings of Onkyo).

Remember, Onkyo HF Player is specifically mentioned in the Mojo User Manual so I assume Chord had it in mind when designing the Mojo.

15. Carl6868

I'm not a student and I'm not in the U.S.

First

Back
651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660
662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671
Next

Last