1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639
641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650
Next

Last
  1. NaiveSound

I feel that android feeds mojo better than dx80 or various laptops, it may be due to simply Using a USB cable rather than coax...? Maybe

2. vapman
    Why would you not run the MOJO from usb on a laptop?

3. NaiveSound

NOT saying that....? U sure are not running coax...

4. Dobrescu George
    In Romania, there was one shop who had it, but... 

1. The telephone number is not the one shown on Chord site, it is given on site. 
    2. Web address would be welcome to be found on Chor's site. 

The company is highendaudio, and they did agree to give me an audition with Chord Mojo, now I only have to go to them (a little far from me, and I might not have my Ie800 for the next week, so I will wait until after that)

5. RamblerBoy
    will i be able to eq my phone if i am using it with a mojo?

6. faran

That is some recommendation!

7. ubs28

So is the hiss normal with the Shure SE846?

I only bought the Mojo because people said it has no hiss with the Shure SE846.

8. Dobrescu George
    I see you also have Hugo. There should not be more hiss than with Hugo, but I doubt that there will be a lot less, given that some people did not hear hiss with hugo either

9. reihead
     Indeed!

10. xtr4
    Hi ubs28,

Most folks who own the Shure 846 and the Mojo combo are on both sides of the fence. One side claims a slight audible hiss that isn't detrimental to music enjoyment, while the other camp claims no hiss at all.
    YMMV but it also depends on how sensitive to hiss are you? It is unfortunate that you hear hiss whilst under the impression of other owners that the Mojo doesn't hiss. This issue of hiss has been debated multiple times already and at the end of the day, it comes down to 2 things:

1) Is the hiss bothering you or is it a bother when you're enjoying the music. Does it get in the way of your enjoyment?
    2) Is the hiss only with your SE846? If it isn't then it could be a faulty unit. If it is, then read point 1)

Cheers. Hopefully you can sort it out and enjoy what most of the users here are experiencing.

11. Takeanidea
    I like to use Optical using my Macbook then I can charge it at the same time

12. Takeanidea
    So do you have hiss on your SE846s ? I wonder whetrher you have ever listened to some old analogue recordings or vinyl rips through them. That's a good way to get lots of nostalgic hiss and even a few crackles. I find it adds to my enjoyment of the music rather than being annoying

13. episiarch Contributor
    I've no argument with optical (I do most of my listening through it), but FWIW this split data/charge cable also works a treat, letting you charge and play back from a single USB port: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NIGO3R4. 

I've clipped 4mm ferrites onto mine, which didn't make an audible difference to me (in my reasonably electrically quiet home anyway) but at least made me feel like I wasn't just using a £1.58 cable with Mojo  [​IMG] 

14. krismusic Contributor
    W
    Wow! That's quite an endorsement. Respect and best wishes for April! :)

15. ubs28

On classical music with soft sections, i hear it. I hear it also with the Shure SE535.

I'll contact Chord and see what they say about it. If it's normal then I'll return it and just stick with the Hugo. Else I will get it replaced.

First

Back
630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639
641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650
Next

Last