Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 18, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #949 of 42,765
whistles....look on our site for vertere dfi.....I sold pretty much one of them to every Hugo sale we took.

Damn that's a fair amount for an OTG cable. Also it is rather long at 25cm... Mine is only 10cm which is the perfect length to fit between a DAC/Amp and my Phone, any longer and it will have a load of excess which will get caught on things IMO.

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #950 of 42,765
Any impressions on the Mojo vs Fostex HP-P1?

And please, all of you lucky Mojo owners (congrats with your new gear!), describe the Mojo's sound. I never heard the Mojo or the Hugo, and I am dying to learn about your impressions :) Headphone pairing, sound stage etc.

Does it have an automatic power off function, so it turns off when the signal has been dead for like 30 mins?

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #953 of 42,765

Come on mate, who cares about rugby? Football is what matters. You won all 10 matches in group stage of EURO 2016 and were the best team of that stage. We, as luck would have it (seriously it was sheer luck), finished the group stage as the best 3rd team so we also directly qualified to EURO 2016.

being half Welsh I was brought up on a diet of Footie & Rugby (my Mum was a huge rugby fan, always sobbed when the Welsh anthem played before a game) I maybe 60-40% in ruggers but I'm 100% English in football, hopefully we'll get you in our group, we need easy wins...
tongue_smile.gif
  did I ever mention the mighty Hammers superb victory yesterday...
bigsmile_face.gif

Mython... your excluded from manly conversations from now on.

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #954 of 42,765
Though the Mojo is a lovely thing I do find it difficult to stack with my DAPs. Any cable or strap can easily change the volume if they slip.
Likewise none of my sysconcept or moon audio optical cables work because of the size shape of the Mojo.
It looks neat, like a tiny TT but I wish it was actually shaped more like a DAP.

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #955 of 42,765
Though the Mojo is a lovely thing I do find it difficult to stack with my DAPs. Any cable or strap can easily change the volume if they slip.
Likewise none of my sysconcept or moon audio optical cables work because of the size shape of the Mojo.
It looks neat, like a tiny TT but I wish it was actually shaped more like a DAP.

I find that 3M Dual Lock works very well for connecting my phone to an amp so might do the trick for you. Leaves all the buttons free and no chance of straps disturbing your volume and exploding your ears.

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #956 of 42,765

It stacks nicely with ak100 or ak120 but than again which dap is to be used as a standard?

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #957 of 42,765
  How close in % does the Mojo gets to the Hugo's sound quality? I think that even  if it's 90% i will be happy .    
smily_headphones1.gif

It's so close to the Hugo that I decided to sell my Hugo and keep the mojo. I have a feeling that in a few weeks a lot more mojo and Hugo owners might be thinking about doing the same.
gs1000.gif

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #958 of 42,765
It's so close to the Hugo that I decided to sell my Hugo and keep the mojo. I have a feeling that in a few weeks a lot more mojo and Hugo owners might be thinking about doing the same.:gs1000smile:

I don't imagine that's what Chord were hoping for.
The press release seemed more geared toward the potentially massive mobile phone market than Hugo owners or indeed potential Hugo owners.

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #959 of 42,765
I don't imagine that's what Chord were hoping for.
The press release seemed more geared toward the potentially massive mobile phone market than Hugo owners or indeed potential Hugo owners.

I bought my Hugo mainly for potable use, but the size made it difficult sometimes. I had to carry a man bag with the Hugo, but with the mojo, I can carry it in my jacket pocket and it's much easier to use while travelling.

Also, I used to get funny looks with the Hugo, especially on the London underground. With the mojo I don't get any funny looks and I still get 90% of the Hugo sound.

Win win for me
gs1000.gif

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #960 of 42,765
Well of course, else it wouldn't be a very good report, haha. I knew I should have snapped a pic.

Here:

Terrible iPad photo.

:)

That shiny round woods..........
Mate, have you tried your LCD-XC with these setup yet?
Please do share your impression? I appreciate you.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back