Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 18, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #9,481 of 42,759
can i ask please if i buy one of those lavricables micro usb otg cables which i assume are silver cables would it add any brightness to the sound as that is something i do not want, and are those good cables

i am interested in ultra short micro usb otg cables 10 cm long can anyone put pictures of their cables used 

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #9,482 of 42,759
  can i ask please if i buy one of those lavricables micro usb otg cables which i assume are silver cables would it add any brightness to the sound as that is something i do not want, and are those good cables

i am interested in ultra short micro usb otg cables 10 cm long can anyone put pictures of their cables used 

Because the data transmission is entirely digital, silver shouldn't alter the perceived 'brightness' of the sound as it could if carrying an analogue signal.

I can't personally attest to the quality of Lavricables, but I have followed this thread since Day #1, and the general consensus, within this thread, from Mojo owners using Lavricables, has been quite consistently positive.

Also, for a few discussions on the topic of microUSB cables, have you checked the microUSB section in post #3 ?

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #9,483 of 42,759
I'm similar to you. Shortly to be 60. Tinnitus and hearing loss.
I have to say I am sceptical. I have been caught so many times over the years.
No offence guys but there is a lack of rigour to this thread IMHO.
I have heard the Hugo and did not think it an improvement over the HO of the iPhone.
Admittedly this was at a meet and only using one track.
I intend to order a Mojo from Amazon and return it if not impressed. Could you not do the same OneTallGuy?

My experience is very different. I'm a self-confessed sexagenarian. My hearing above 10K is very limited and I suffer from occasional tinnitus. I clearly heard substantial improvements in SQ from the Oppo HA-2. The difference between the Mojo and straight from my iPhone 6S is even greater! 

Of course, YMMV. Also, it depends on what ear/headphone is being used. In my case, it's a Westone W40, definitely not a TOTL (MOTL???) earphone. Even so, the difference is well worth the price, IMO. krismusic and OneTallGuy, you may well decide to keep the Mojo!!

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #9,484 of 42,759

Because the data transmission is entirely digital, silver shouldn't alter the perceived 'brightness' of the sound as it could if carrying an analogue signal.

I can't personally attest to the quality of Lavricables, but I have followed this thread since Day #1, and the general consensus, within this thread, from Mojo owners using Lavricables, has been quite consistently positive.

Also, for a few discussions in the topic of microUSB cables, have you checked the microUSB section in post #3 ?

thanks what about if i want to connect the mojo to an amp using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable does it make a difference what type of cable i buy

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #9,485 of 42,759

Yes; correct. Red does signify Redbook 16bit-44.1khz

OK, so I guess we just have to wait and see if there is an issue with the beta software on the iPhone - it'll be interesting to know what results you get with your wife's phone

Thought I'd give an update...I went back down to ios 9.2 and unenrolled from beta software testing :)...all is good now...no crackling/popping at all anymore...Hopefully they'll get it ironed out with the public version of ios 9.3...I'm no longer going to be a guinea pig :wink:...Thanks everybody that chimed in for the help...Mojo's still working flawlessly! Get ya one!!!

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #9,486 of 42,759

thanks what about if i want to connect the mojo to an amp using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable does it make a difference what type of cable i buy

Possibly, although I suspect the shorter the length of the cable, the less likely one would be to detect any audible differences. It's such a subjective thing, with some people claiming there are no audible differences with different cables, and others vehemently swearing there are substantial differences
popcorn.gif

Since analogue cables can be such a subjective thing, I would suggest using a standard cable first, and compare it to others, rather than buying an expensive one in the beginning.

Jan 18, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #9,487 of 42,759
Was lucky enough the local dealer here in Adelaide had a demo unit that I could play with. Do you know how long it took to make up my mind? About 20 seconds...

In that 20 seconds you managed to remove all expectation bias and placebo? :wink:

Jan 18, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #9,489 of 42,759
This might be a question already asked a lot of times...Sorry I am new to this thread

I am thinking of get a portable DAC/amp for my DAP and laptop. Has anyone compared mojo with iFi iDSD? Which one is better?

Jan 18, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #9,490 of 42,759

Through all of my experiences, silver cables and especially from lavricables is the cables that carry analog signal as the best the money can buy in cables performances. All of my gears, cables are with lavricables silver cables. So I can totally attest to this. I can even point out where exactly does the cables improves, but as I can hear it for myself, so can you....however to connect to an amp ? I am not so sure if the amp in what ways that can affect the analog signals. And whether or not could you possibly realize and observe the quality ? I can only speak for silver cables on portable gears and source

Jan 18, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #9,491 of 42,759
  This might be a question already asked a lot of times...Sorry I am new to this thread

I am thinking of get a portable DAC/amp for my DAP and laptop. Has anyone compared mojo with iFi iDSD? Which one is better?

There is a search function in each thread on Head-fi, which will generally help you find any info you need to know:

But you can click here, instead:

http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch/?search=iDSD&resultSortingPreference=recency&byuser=&output=posts&sdate=0&newer=1&type=all&containingthread[0]=784602&advanced=1

Jan 18, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #9,492 of 42,759

I used the search facility and came up with =784602&advanced=1]this lot.
I am sure you will find your answer there.

Edit: @Mython is really quick on the trigger - Don't challenge him to a duel
beerchug.gif

Jan 18, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #9,493 of 42,759
So much cynicism in one so young old  :wink:

:) I almost didn't post my reply to Sabloke. Not wanting to rain on anyone's parade.
I have been caught so many times though. Green pen around the edge of CD's ( embarrassing!) Mains cables, silver interconnects...
Most recently I initially thought that there was a huge difference between Spotify and Tidal. Careful AB listening proved that the differences are small.
So yes. I am very cynical/cautious. Both from a financial POV and the inconvenience of lugging gear around with clunky connections to the iPhone.
When I can afford it I will try and get a Mojo for a good listen. Is the only way to order from Amazon or does any UK dealer offer a loaner?
I'll try and keep quiet now until I hear the Mojo. Carry on! :wink:

Jan 18, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #9,494 of 42,759

So much cynicism in one so young old 
wink.gif

smily_headphones1.gif
I almost didn't post my reply to Sabloke. Not wanting to rain on anyone's parade.
I have been caught so many times though. Green pen around the edge of CD's ( embarrassing!) Mains cables, silver interconnects...
Most recently I initially thought that there was a huge difference between Spotify and Tidal. Careful AB listening proved that the differences are small.
So yes. I am very cynical/cautious. Both from a financial POV and the inconvenience of lugging gear around with clunky connections to the iPhone.
When I can afford it I will try and get a Mojo for a good listen. Is the only way to order from Amazon or does any UK dealer offer a loaner?
I'll try and keep quiet now until I hear the Mojo. Carry on!
wink.gif

I never said I disagreed with you! LOL

Ah, yes... green pen on CD edges - that was all-the-rage when I first got into Hi-fi, in the late 80s/early 90s. Someone made a small fortune on green marker pens
rolleyes.gif

Regarding UK loaners of Mojo, Im actually not certain if any dealers offer that...

I'll ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back