Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 18, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #931 of 42,765

yup must admit England were pathetic & gutless, sad to see Wales go out yesterday to a piece of brilliance... what can you say about the All-Blacks 'expletive' awesome...
bigsmile_face.gif

Come on mate, who cares about rugby? Football is what matters. You won all 10 matches in group stage of EURO 2016 and were the best team of that stage. We, as luck would have it (seriously it was sheer luck), finished the group stage as the best 3rd team so we also directly qualified to EURO 2016.

Sigh.... look, I'm really sorry to break the news to you both, but:

Rugby doesn't matter

and

Football doesn't matter,

either!

They're both just a bunch of men running around after a ball of some shape or other.

Apologies if this news comes as a shock to you both, after so many years on planet earth. Hopefully you'll each be able to come to terms with it, with your Hugo or Mojo to console you and keep you from going 'off the reservation'
wink_face.gif

Oct 18, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #933 of 42,765
  The thing I fear with the cheapo cables is how well they'll be shielded, especially given the interference issues some have noticed. Then I also wonder if the 75 Ohm coax will make a difference in SQ. Any and all thoughts and input greatly appreciated. 

The SQ will be the exact same, since it's 1's and 0's being transferred. The only thing that can cause a lower SQ with the cheaper cable is that it get's so much interference that it causers glitches in the signal or the wrong OHM causing similar issues. However with such a short cable distance I wouldn't be worried though.

Oct 18, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #934 of 42,765
@RedJohn456: I pinged Fiio, and yes the Fiio micro USB -> Lightning cable that makes CCK unnecessary exists but is pending Apple's MFi certification. This would be an awesome one-cable solution for Mojo and other portable DAC owners. Hopefully it gets certified, so we can buy it!

Thanks for the update! One cable solutions are awesome. So it would work with any portable amp/dac right?

Oct 18, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #935 of 42,765
The SQ will be the exact same, since it's 1's and 0's being transferred. The only thing that can cause a lower SQ with the cheaper cable is that it get's so much interference that it causers glitches in the signal or the wrong OHM causing similar issues. However with such a short cable distance I wouldn't be worried though.

Totally agreed. :D But last time I check, upgradatis + Hype > performance > senses :wink:

Oct 18, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #937 of 42,765
[@=/u/389855/RedJohn456]@RedJohn456[/@]: I pinged Fiio, and yes the Fiio micro USB -> Lightning cable that makes CCK unnecessary exists but is pending Apple's MFi certification. This would be an awesome one-cable solution for Mojo and other portable DAC owners. Hopefully it gets certified, so we can buy it!

Thanks for the update! One cable solutions are awesome. So it would work with any portable amp/dac right?

Yup, that's the idea. I'm literally begging Fiio for to try out, but I get the picture that they want to do this right and won't let any out of their hands until they receive Apple's blessing.

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #939 of 42,765
Does anyone have a link to a decent OTG cable that could be used between the Mojo and Samsung Note 4?

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #940 of 42,765

Thanks for your input. Yes, it's mainly interference I'm concerned about, with extra noise making its way into the signal. Also I'm not going to detail this thread with the various arguments of the great cable debate, such as the point that it's not actually ones or zeros/binary being transmitted in a coax (unlike optical) but rather a voltage representation...

Guess we'll try them and see what works best.

Cheers

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #941 of 42,765
  Does anyone have a link to a decent OTG cable that could be used between the Mojo and Samsung Note 4?

You can get custom ones with a huge variety of different sleeving from http://www.mimic-cables.com/collections/sleeved-cables/products/custom-usb-cable
you can put the exact orientation of the angled connectors and exact lengths as well so the cable takes up the least amount of space. I bought one to go with
my Oppo HA-2 but I will be using it with my Chord Mojo as well when it arrives. Only problem is their communication isn't amazing and the manufacture time
is around 2-3 weeks + the delivery time from america to w/e in the world you are.

Another option which is more "audiophile" is forza audio works, they use probably higher quality cabling. I have loads of their headphone cables and one OTG
cable all of very high quality. Manufacture times are normally faster but they don't do right angled connectors so it will take up more space in your pocket or
where ever you put your stack which is why I went for mimic-cables this time for an OTG (would still recommend forza for headphone and analogue cables
though).

Oct 18, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #943 of 42,765
$0.83 from here:

http://www.mycablemart.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=5538

Or

$75 from here (configure your jacks):

http://www.moon-audio.com/black-dragon-mini-coax-digital-cable-hifiman-player.html

I make no assertions on whether you'll hear a difference.

Thank you very much Pal. Have a good one.

Oct 18, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #945 of 42,765

You can get custom ones with a huge variety of different sleeving from http://www.mimic-cables.com/collections/sleeved-cables/products/custom-usb-cable
you can put the exact orientation of the angled connectors and exact lengths as well so the cable takes up the least amount of space. I bought one to go with
my Oppo HA-2 but I will be using it with my Chord Mojo as well when it arrives. Only problem is their communication isn't amazing and the manufacture time
is around 2-3 weeks + the delivery time from america to w/e in the world you are.

Another option which is more "audiophile" is forza audio works, they use probably higher quality cabling. I have loads of their headphone cables and one OTG
cable all of very high quality. Manufacture times are normally faster but they don't do right angled connectors so it will take up more space in your pocket or
where ever you put your stack which is why I went for mimic-cables this time for an OTG (would still recommend forza for headphone and analogue cables
though).

Thanks, I'll look into those but probably won't be able to get either in the time I would need them. I just want the ability to be able to audition the Mojo with my Note 4 as well as my laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back