1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619
621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630
Next

Last
  1. Mython Contributor

2. jarnopp

Keep that cat away from my Mojo!

3. Mython Contributor

Keep him away from my 'chopper', or I'm in severe danger of losing my 'Mojo'!  [​IMG] 

4. mscott58
    Catzilla attacks!

5. yoyorast10

Have you tried the hd650? how does it compare to it, which has better mids?

also, what cable do you use with it

6. GreenBow

I figured if people are going to use the Mojo mainly as a desktop DAC, then fit a small heatsink. Maplin or ebay, and get a thermal pad.

7. Mython Contributor

yep.

Suggested weeks ago, and I agree, but, strangely, I've yet to see anyone actually do it

8. betula
    1,Should I buy mojo even if mostly I want to use it just as an amp, or I should rather find a similarly priced 'only' amp (not a DAC/amp)?

2,Also, I mostly listen to different electronic music genres, where layering is very complex, with many details even in bass region. I am sure, mojo would give enough details and refinement, but sometimes I like to EQ a little more (5-10%) bass. If I used a DAPs digital out, I couldn't apply this slight EQing, when I find it necessary. Would I miss it with mojo at all? 

9. Mython Contributor

You can't use Mojo just as an amp, because it does not have analogue input.

It only accepts Digital input

10. bflat

No and no. Mojo only works in DAC mode. There is no line in.

11. betula
    Sorry, I got a bit confused. I am after a long day.

I meant I wouldn't really use Mojo from computer as a DAC.

But with a DAPs digital out. I know, there is no analog in on Mojo.

12. bflat

That is still digital out feeding right into the DAC in Mojo. No way to bypass Mojo's DAC.

But either way, I don't know of a pure amp for $600 that sounds better than the Mojo DAC/Amp. Since it is roughly the same size as a pure portable amp, then yes, you should put this on your short list. You can also checkout the Vorzuge line of pure amps for about the same price.

13. betula
    Thanks for the recommendation. Many people rave about Mojo. I got too curious not to try it. :)

14. Sound Eq
    cheap cables micro usb otg , and a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable, i am in search now for quality cables

pm1 trumps 650 by big margin, when i heard the 650 2 years ago it was not something i liked , i can not remember i ever liked a headphone as much as the pm1, mids are amazing smooth full bodied and warm, great bass punch, and great high with no siblience at all 

15. wym2

That is still digital out feeding right into the DAC in Mojo. No way to bypass Mojo's DAC.

But either way, I don't know of a pure amp for $600 that sounds better than the Mojo DAC/Amp. Since it is roughly the same size as a pure portable amp, then yes, you should put this on your short list. You can also checkout the Vorzuge line of pure amps for about the same price.

Edited by bflat - Today at 5:36 pm

You might consider the Cavalli Liquid Carbon...

First

Back
610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619
621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630
Next

Last