Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 13, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #9,182 of 42,765

I purchased this Sprint Moto E 2nd Gen with a microsd slot. It has NATIVE Android USB audio so you don't need UAPP to listen from the Mojo. Google Music works just perfectly like on my Nexus 6. It's on sale right now too for $39.99 shipped:

$39.99?  Ouch! Seems a little pricey to me - you audiophiles throw crazy money at your hobby!
wink.gif

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #9,184 of 42,765
I had the same problem with cover art but my friend and iTunes guru, bflat taught me. Double click on the album in iTunes scroll down to "Get Info". Then click on "Artwork" and double click on the album art displayed and click on "Delete Artwork". After that, click on "Add Artwork" and add a previously downloaded JPEG of the proper album art and click "OK". A bit cumbersome but that should solve your problem of the album artwork.

I appreciate your thoughtful response but I don't think this will work since the files are not even in iTunes. I have them all in Jriver. I don't use iTunes at all other than to drag and drop folders of music into the Onkyo app from my music folders on my hard drive so my iTunes library is completely empty. This it's a mystery why some art appears and other art does not.

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #9,185 of 42,765
Hey guys, my Mojo gets really really hot when used as a desktop amp with power plugged in.  It has been connected to power, I originally let it charge and then I have had it plugged into power consistently for the last few weeks since buying it.  I read in the thread that this unit is safe up until 150 degrees, which I'm hoping is indeed the case, but right now, the unit is about as hot as holding a mug with boiling water in it, it's almost a tad too hot to touch.

Is this something I should be worried about?  It does have me concerned to be honest :')

Get a temperature reading if you can. My mojo when playing through my 12 driver ciems and iPhone/MacBook Pro never gets very hot-only warm. I have a hunch that the temperature is coming from using power hungry Cans as my mojo never ever got "hot" from using it all day with my ciems WHILE charging.

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #9,186 of 42,765
Hey there anyone else having problems with UAPP 2.43... MOJO CAN T GET CONNECTION NO MORE!!!! NOOOOOO

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #9,188 of 42,765
I appreciate your thoughtful response but I don't think this will work since the files are not even in iTunes. I have them all in Jriver. I don't use iTunes at all other than to drag and drop folders of music into the Onkyo app from my music folders on my hard drive so my iTunes library is completely empty. This it's a mystery why some art appears and other art does not.

You are very welcome.

I, like you, was mystified why Onkyo did not pick up the embedded art. I too had all my music files on my iMac but not in iTunes. I used FLACtunes to convert my FLAC files to ALAC and moved everything to iTunes file management mostly so that I could get back my album art.

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #9,190 of 42,765
Hey there anyone else having problems with UAPP 2.43... MOJO CAN T GET CONNECTION NO MORE!!!! NOOOOOO

No problems here with 2.43 (Note 5 and LG G4)

Jan 13, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #9,192 of 42,765
facing an issue here, not sure if it's covered under warranty
I use my mojo/dap stacks as portable, they are kept in my messenger bag while commuting
recently i notice the sound is breaking up whenever there is movement

i hv checked with several cables and able to pinpoint it to the mojo coax jack, when I twist the cable around while plugged in, the sounds breaks (power button light on the mojo flickers)
it does not happen on the X5 coax out jack. I hv tried switching both ends/3 cable types

mojo > fiio L17 > X5
being a portable, I kinda expect the L17 will be 'pushed' around a bit while in my bag

Jan 13, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #9,193 of 42,765
  facing an issue here, not sure if it's covered under warranty
I use my mojo/dap stacks as portable, they are kept in my messenger bag while commuting
recently i notice the sound is breaking up whenever there is movement

i hv checked with several cables and able to pinpoint it to the mojo coax jack, when I twist the cable around while plugged in, the sounds breaks (power button light on the mojo flickers)
it does not happen on the X5 coax out jack. I hv tried switching both ends/3 cable types

mojo > fiio L17 > X5
being a portable, I kinda expect the L17 will be 'pushed' around a bit while in my bag

Mmmm... well, from your description, it does rather sound as though too much strain has been applied to the Mojo co-ax jack, by your cable, whilst in the messenger bag.

Strictly-speaking, I wouldn't really construe that as being Chord's fault. However, I anticipate that they will be willing to rectify it without enormous expense.

Contact your dealer, and please let us know how things pan out with the repair.
beerchug.gif

Jan 13, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #9,194 of 42,765
@faran

https://detail.m.tmall.com/item.htm?id=39264953184
Or you can search on taobao "AK100 金属"

The metal bumper case will not solve your problem as it is only around, does not cover the back.

Thanks @Mimouille. I think your stack looks awesome with the bumper and 3M so I might as well order it and not worry about the leather case. I prefer your clean lines to my ugly band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back