1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601
603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612
Next

Last
  1. San Man
    9.2, no problems.

2. Koolpep

Right, logically I am only talking about non-defective CCKs. Things break - when they break they don't work. Indeed a tough thing to trouble shoot but every electronic device has a rate of defective units out of the factory, unfortunately. Usually Apple's is pretty low but it can happen.

Cheers,
    K

3. salla45
    95% of my listening is done via FLAC/DSD's. I have a tidal subscription also, which is fine, and useful for background listening or quick listens to new stuff. Many reasons to listen to offline via DAP or PC including:

1) Don't like  interface, ergonomics, aesthetics of phone for music listening
    2) Don't like interruptions of phone
    3) Don't like the drop outs experienced as soon as I start using the internet for anything but music listening (and be at the mercy of internet speed)
    4) Don't like the interference of phone signal
    5) Like the ability to "own" music
    6) Like the ability to classify and organise my music how I want to; its also a nostalgia thing, collection of rips of cd's going back to 1980's!
    7) Like the ability to chase after specific masters and enjoy differences between mutiple masters of my choosing
    8) Like the ability to have my collection with me when I go abroad
    9) Like the physical buttons on the DAP, makes blind use possible and very useful (eg when driving, or walking and the device is in a pocket)

And ref the offline mode for Tidal, it's only available to portable devices as far as I know and 128gb or even 200gb doesn't go far these days.

These are just the "quick reasons" off the top of my head.

Feedbacker and headmanPL like this.
  4. rechtkid

i will bring my mojo to the apple shop to test the cck,,

thanks for the answer,, cheers

5. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
  6. music4mhell
    This thread is growing so fast :O

7. masterpfa
    Depends on the playback method you are using, if for example you are using an Android phone I know it is possible in the UAPP app, I have not used Onkyo extensively enough to say if this is the same or even if the iOS app has that feature.

I find streaming services great for discovery of new music. I'm waiting for development of MQA before jumping in full time. I have used Tidal HiFi on a trial and reasonably impressed, but still the final decision is yet to be made especially as you never own the music.

8. AudioBear
    I have not figured out if Onkyo HF has a balance control-- I don't see one. The equalizer does work.

9. Dobrescu George
    I had seen that Mojo is about the same size as an X5II. Is there any easy way to strap them together?

10. x RELIC x Contributor

This is what it looks like with the first gen X5 stacking kit (pics from earlier in this thread). You can grab the FiiO stacking kit for the X5ii to stack in a similar fashion. The biggest pain is the shared coaxial out on the X5ii that requires a custom cable to be made.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

You can purchase a coaxial cable to connect the X5ii from someplace like Moon Audio, or contact a Head Fi member like derGabe (in Germany) to make one for you if he's still willing to make one (he's done a few).

11. oldmate
    This stuff looks promising;

http://www.amazon.com/Sewell-Direct-AirStick-Microsuction-250mmx300mm/dp/B00ITX9OU2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452501234&sr=8-1&keywords=micro+suction+tape

51D1XllUmL._SL1000_.jpg

Look mum - no straps!!

12. Dobrescu George

That looks like a Thick situation [​IMG]. Well, if it looks like that, I am better off purchasing a sidebad, and strap a long special coaux for this thing, then use a special designed solution, because holding something so thick in my hand will be a no-solution for now. Well, it all boils to how good it sounds in the end, because for portability and other concerns I can fiind a solution. 

(Why did I think it would have been a little slimmer?)

Also, because I just started reading reviews and so on, what is the hardest to drive thing that mojo was able to drive? I mean, does it drive HD650? or is able to even drive HD800? (sorry if I am repeating questions, but going through the entire thread takes a while..)

13. x RELIC x Contributor

A quick search of the thread for HD800 or HD650 would reveal that many users are quite happy with the Mojo driving the HD800 and HD650. This little DAC outputs some serious voltage and has been measured very well.

14. LouisLoh
    With the two 3.5mm outs, do I get volume matching when I insert two headphones with different sensitivities and impedances? 

15. yoyorast10
    Will it sound good with sensitive IEMs or headphones?

First

Back
592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601
603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612
Next

Last