1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599
601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610
Next

Last
  1. x RELIC x Contributor

No, you can't adjust anything on the Mojo besides volume. Your source gear should be where you adjust the balance.

2. purk Contributor
    I had the mojo a

I have the x7 and mojo side by side and the mojo is a much more superior device on all ranges of headphones. The mojo just falls a little short of a midrange desktop headamp and dac unit.

3. Angular Mo
    All these dedicated DAPS connected to the Mojo surprise me; people still own music (CD rips or downloads) rather than license it from a streaming service and play the content in offline mode?

4. jarnopp

Yes, in case of the Zombiepocalypse or I get stranded on a desert island without good cell service. Kind of old school that way, I guess.

5. Angular Mo
    Tidal supports off-line mode.

The music is downloaded to my device.

I never stream.

6. Deftone
    i love that i have a cd collection, physicality of it with the artwork/booklet and i know i own it and its feels awesome.

if i buy digital download i feel like iv got nothing or that i am borrowing it from somone its never the same.

7. ade_hall

It appears any iPhone sound settings, eq, balance etc get passed through to the Mojo

8. purk Contributor
    Plus some of us do own hi-rez files and I doubt that Tidal will stream that in a near distant future.

9. Whitigir

Yes, that I do :D. I love offline music

10. Angular Mo
    Tidal is rumored to be getting ready for MQA.

At USD 20/month for redbook, I am loving it.

I just want a dedicated transport with a access to any App Store with the Tidal app; their web browser does not support offline content.

11. rwelles

You should consider the Emotiva powered speaker line. I have a pair of the Airmotiv 5s speakers. Current sale price is $280 (USD) and free shipping. For the price, they sound pretty amazing!!

SLCanhead likes this.
  12. dallan Contributor
    Yes, I find the Finals are very good with the Mojo. The fibass in particular. I've also tried them with the Pandora Hope Vl and the Lab1, all are good with that extra bit of warmth from the Mojo. Have yet to try the Heaven Vlll, they are warm for Final so I don't know how they will react. 

Right now happily feeding Mojo into a V200 and listening to AT-W3000anv with a big smile while i wait to find out what will be done with the Hugo whose repair failed after under two weeks…..Chord is good though so I am sure they will make it right, its just under a year old.

13. dallan Contributor

Sounds like less soundstage to me, less openness and air than the Hugo. The Hugo sounds more like a very good desktop dac where as the Mojo sounds like an incredible portable dac. I really like the Mojo but to me it is not on the same level as the Hugo. Definitely Mojo is more ergonomic though and thus extremely useful. Don't want to offend anyone, it is a wonderful piece and i will have it for a long time, it probably will get more use than the Hugo too.

simonm likes this.
  14. linzheng
    Just want to share a few picture of the new leather pouch I got from Taobao, it was custom made.
    I
    SAM_0692.jpg

SAM_0693.jpg

SAM_0694.jpg

SAM_0695.jpg

SAM_0696.jpg

15. spook76
    I am surprised any true audiophile streams their music. You have absolutely no idea or control of the master to which you are listening. If you do not believe mastering matters, I weep.

simonm and Deftone like this.
First

Back
590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599
601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610
Next

Last