Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 10, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #8,971 of 42,765
Yeah, fair enough :beerchug:

Levels of crosstalk can also influence perceived soundstage width, and I wonder if some DAC-Amps have higher levels of crosstalk (either intentionally or unintentionally) than the Mojo, particularly in the amp stage, and particularly considering how minimalist the output section of Mojo is, in comparison to other DAC-Amps.

No doubt many other possible influential factors, on perceived soundstage width, too.

Sound science ! Lol...I agree about crosstalLk.....however I have the feeling that many people is using the "expectations" from "high-end" systems, devices, experiences to "expect" upon the "Mojo"...I don't think it is fair. I mean Mojo is already a Unicorn for it performance/price ratio.....

Jan 10, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #8,973 of 42,765

I mean Mojo is already a Unicorn for it performance/price ratio.....

what do you mean by this

It means it is very unusual to get so much performance for so little money - it is a rare thing, just like a unicorn is a rare thing (well, so rare that it's non-existent, in this realm, actually!)

Jan 10, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #8,975 of 42,765
hope i can get some feedback, please.

i'm looking at getting the chord mojo...both for my laptop,
as well as attached to my nexus phone or an ipod touch 6 gen when on the road.

prob is most daps/mp3 players dont' have wifi (and my main source is wifi streaming...imo this yr will be 
very interesting for streaming as better bit rate transfers become the norm as the competition heats up and 
streaming expands)....also have 450 itunes.

thinking of getting the ipod touch 6 gen and hooking it up to a mojo for portable (and at home from laptop)
enjoyment....would the chord mojo enhance the sound of the ipod that much more, given a good pair of iems
or cans are used? does it stand up to an ak jr or the ''better'' quality daps when paired?

dont get me wrong: i'd love to get an ak jr, or sony (etc)...but they don't offer wifi..and the fiio x7 is too over rpriced
right now (being new)...am sure daps/mp3 players will offer more wifi as streaming becomes more popular.
only wish apple had come out with an audiophile grade ipod...now that would have been something.

so for now i'd prob buy an ipod until more products come out...would it be worth it in your op (esp hooking up chord to it)
my cans are sony 7550, iems vsonic gr07..also considering  adding the sony 7550 and/or etymotic er4pt

Jan 10, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #8,978 of 42,765
If that is your question, then yes..Mojo smokes iPod on sound quality. You can totally be getting your mind blown by Mojo from your laptop and Nexus coming from iPod
smily_headphones1.gif

How does it fare with the z7?

Jan 10, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #8,979 of 42,765
If that is your question, then yes..Mojo smokes iPod on sound quality. You can totally be getting your mind blown by Mojo from your laptop and Nexus coming from iPod
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks...just edited it...more specifically would the ipod touch 6 generation, when paired with chord and good iems/cans,
be on equal ground with one of the daps from sony or ak or basso, etc?

Jan 10, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #8,981 of 42,765
thanks...just edited it...more specifically would the ipod touch 6 generation, when paired with chord and good iems/cans,
fare well enough to a dap from ibasso or fiix or ak  (jr)?

I use the iPhone 6s -> Mojo -> Vsonic GR07 as a portable solution and, while I thought the Vsonic sounded great out of the iPhone alone, the Mojo takes them to another level entirely. Other fans as well.

People keep talking about the Mojo as a value FOR THE PRICE, but I feel the Mojo is simply first class at ANY PRICE, perhaps even besting the Hugo (older tech now). You might have to go to Dave or other rediculously high priced DACs to get the equivalent.

Jan 10, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #8,982 of 42,765

Your question is too vast On both objective and personal subjective...all I can tell you is that Mojo performance is like Twice the price that it actually is selling for at the moment. About beating any products ? I suggest you read more reviews and impressions on those that you want to compare...and conclude your own as it is better that way. The best yet is to hear it, audit it and then conclude it :D

Jan 10, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #8,983 of 42,765

If I understand your question correctly, using the same cans/ iems and the Mojo (and the same resolution of music, etc), it should make no difference at all what DAP you use - the sound should be identical.  Which DAP you want to use will come down to what you already have, convenience, storage size and ease of use, and perhaps even looks!

Jan 10, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #8,984 of 42,765
hey,

been a while since i've visited this thread; upwards of 500 replies since i last visited.
has there been any chatter around a speaker setup via the mojo's line out function?

i recall genalec, adam and others mentioned.
kef's x300a appealed too, but the combination of price and size put me off.

Jan 10, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #8,985 of 42,765
Hi, 

Does anyone know if the left/right balance can be altered with the Mojo? I have slight hearing loss on my right side with tinnitus and can compensate for this using the accessibility options within my iPhone. However, as a DAC I understand that the Mojo takes over audio processing entirely and there doesn't appear to be anything in the manual to help.

Assuming that problem can be fixed, I can't see a reason to keep my M1-HPAP amp. 

Thanks,

Mart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back