Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 7, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #8,806 of 42,765
In no way does Chord's comment = hating.

I agree.   As a producer, they obviously care about who resells their product and are authorized dealers.   I believe, rightfully, that that is in the best interests of the customers and allows them to provide superior service if needed.

Jan 8, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #8,807 of 42,765
I use dx80 to feed the awsome Mojo via coax cable.

I see that my dx80 cannot feed the Mojo via USB out. (I wish it did)

When I use my note 5 to feed mojo I see a slight increase of clarity (strange, as I thought it doesn't matter what feeds a Mojo as it does the heavy lifting.

Note 5 feeding mojo seems better then dx80 feeding mojo.

Also, when I feed mojo with dx80 I have the dx80 volume at 0 (zero) and manage volume via mojo.

When I feed mojo with note 5, I have to have the volume of note 5 (using onkyo player) at about half way up and also managing volume with mojo,

I'm scared to, but should I do the same volume management with dx80 (turn it up halfway and also manage volume with mojo?)

What way is best possible Quality with mojo as far as volume control goes.

P.s.

Note 5 with mojo is slightly *funner * and stronger (puncher sound) vs the dx80.

But I thought it doesn't matter what you feed mojo, please help kind friends

Jan 8, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #8,808 of 42,765
I received my replacement unit from Moon Audio today. Plugged it in to charge and I have the dreaded whining noise while charging. I'm using the same Anker Powerport 5, the old unit was dead silent while charging. This one whines with apple's charger and mac mini's usb port also. The old unit had the startup hiss issue via HO, btw.

I believe this unit is from the latest batch that Moon Audio received this Monday. I thought this PSU regulator issue was resolved in the earlier production cycles. s/n on the new unit is M0278xx, could someone from CHORD shed more light on this?
I just saw 2 other new members having the same issue few pages back.

Jan 8, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #8,809 of 42,765
S/N #0256XX, no hiss or charging whine.

Jan 8, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #8,811 of 42,765
I received my replacement unit from Moon Audio today. Plugged it in to charge and I have the dreaded whining noise while charging. I'm using the same Anker Powerport 5, the old unit was dead silent while charging. This one whines with apple's charger and mac mini's usb port also. The old unit had the startup hiss issue via HO, btw.

I believe this unit is from the latest batch that Moon Audio received this Monday. I thought this PSU regulator issue was resolved in the earlier production cycles. s/n on the new unit is M0278xx, could someone from CHORD shed more light on this?

Does it whine the whole charge cycle?  Mine will only whine for a bit at the beginning when I start charging and at the end when it's about finished.  As far as I know it's not a problem though and my battery life seems good so far. 

Jan 8, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #8,812 of 42,765

Does it whine the whole charge cycle?  Mine will only whine for a bit at the beginning when I start charging and at the end when it's about finished.  As far as I know it's not a problem though and my battery life seems good so far. 

It was there the whole time. Actually, it whines only when charging switched-OFF. As soon as I turn ON the unit with the charger still plugged, it goes away.

Jan 8, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #8,814 of 42,765
Can't hear mine charging with the headphones on and playing me some Meshuggah. In fact, can't hear any whine regardless of what I'm playing. :wink: What matters is that the background floor noise is pitch black, no?

Charging noise is not via HO. Just hold the unit closer to your ears while it's charging, switched off.

Jan 8, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #8,819 of 42,765
I use dx80 to feed the awsome Mojo via coax cable.

I see that my dx80 cannot feed the Mojo via USB out. (I wish it did)

When I use my note 5 to feed mojo I see a slight increase of clarity (strange, as I thought it doesn't matter what feeds a Mojo as it does the heavy lifting.

Note 5 feeding mojo seems better then dx80 feeding mojo.

Also, when I feed mojo with dx80 I have the dx80 volume at 0 (zero) and manage volume via mojo.

When I feed mojo with note 5, I have to have the volume of note 5 (using onkyo player) at about half way up and also managing volume with mojo,

I'm scared to, but should I do the same volume management with dx80 (turn it up halfway and also manage volume with mojo?)

What way is best possible Quality with mojo as far as volume control goes.

P.s.

Note 5 with mojo is slightly *funner * and stronger (puncher sound) vs the dx80.

But I thought it doesn't matter what you feed mojo, please help kind friends

It is not that the transport matter....it is the software, the operating system...even Zx2 didn't have a good transport of audio quality into Mojo, because it is ancient android 4.2, and Onkyo HF app could not transport higher than 16/44.1 to Mojo. My note 4 did an even better job to Mojo. Zx2 could only feed 24/96 to Mojo via stock player app, but that didn't even sound as decent as Note 4 feeding the same file to Mojo with Onkyo app.

So...it is the app, and the OS that makes the differences. Digital is 1 and 0, and it needs something to puzzle up for the final picture, and this something is the software. You can have all beefed up software, but the software is bad, then it is just bad.....

Jan 8, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #8,820 of 42,765

Mine is also whining a little at the start of charging for ca. 10 min then quiet and the wining starts again approx. half an hour before the led light goes off. I'm in the Netherlands and s/n is M0223xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back