Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 7, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #8,746 of 42,758
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked, I have searched but cannot find an answer.....
Does the Mojo automatically switch off with no input signal received. I listen to an album of music at night via my iPhone fed into an Oppo HA-2. Innevitably I fall asleep before the album finishes leaving the batery draining on the HA-2. It would be beneficial if the Mojo switched off once the album finished playing.
thanks. Paul

Jan 7, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #8,747 of 42,758
  You know, if I become really filthy, filthy rich, what would I do ?  I would commission Chord to build me a desktop version of Mojo using twin Xilinx Virtex UltraScale+ (VU13P chips) which has so many times more computation power to the Artix that is powering the Mojo.  I wonder how it would sound like...
blink.gif

You'd never get to hear it. It would take Rob another lifetime's work and he would be nowhere nearer his goal of programming infinite taps for the perfection he seeks.

Jan 7, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #8,748 of 42,758

And I found that the supplied short cable did not have drop outs but my own longer cable did. I was concerned that the problem was my Mojo as I have not had a good experience of micro USBs soldered to boards as I have had them come loose. So I was delighted that the short cable fixed the problem. I wonder if it is to do with the tightness of the fit, with the Mojo requiring a very firm connection. It could then come down to manufacturing tolerances of the connector and perhaps the torque experience on the plug when in use as the cables do experience some tight turns when stacking.

I used to have problems with connectivity only because of undue pressure on the micro USB port on the Mojo. If used in a desktop situation, no problems but when bundled in a pocket with the supplied straight micro USB OTG cable, this would cause temporary disconnection especially with movement.

With the supplied short OTG or any 'Straight' OTG cable resulted in intermittent disconnection

I have since bought a right angled USB OTG and have not experienced the problem since.
Right angled OTG no such problem.

But I am still waiting delivery of this cable for use with my mobile phone as it would remove the need for any additional converter or connection at the USB Type A end.

This has also been one of the reasons, personally, for buying a AK100 mkII to pair with my Mojo, surety of connection I get with using the Mini Toslink to Toslink connection.

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked, I have searched but cannot find an answer.....
Does the Mojo automatically switch off with no input signal received. I listen to an album of music at night via my iPhone fed into an Oppo HA-2. Innevitably I fall asleep before the album finishes leaving the batery draining on the HA-2. It would be beneficial if the Mojo switched off once the album finished playing.
thanks. Paul

Short answer no, not as far as I am aware. It will remain switched on

Jan 7, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #8,750 of 42,758
Well, stacking and having it in your pocket/bag/purse while walking around is not an ideal situation. It is because all of the ports, cables sticking out. Unless you can securely stack it first, and contain it in a small box before having your stack in your purse, then sure. Otherwise I can see eventually damages will be done at either a phone port or Mojo port, and ofcourse smaller port would be easier damaged than larger one...aka...mojo.

May want to wait for module that read and play microSD card ? Or..secure your stack

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #8,751 of 42,758
I'm afraid not.  It is still using a gen-6 Spartan.  Very well tuned and optimized no doubt.

The Spartan 6 FOGA chip is not a single part. it's a whole family of product types. The Spartan 6 that is in Our Dave Dac is way larger, being more than ten times the size and having at least ten times the number of logic gates that the Spartan 6 that is is in our Hugo. Perhaps It should also be noted the Hugo has many hundred times the electronics that virtually any other Dac on the market has. John Franks.

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #8,752 of 42,758
The Spartan 6 FOGA chip is not a single part. it's a whole family of product types. The Spartan 6 that is in Our Dave Dac is way larger, being more than ten times the size and having at least ten times the number of logic gates that the Spartan 6 that is is in our Hugo. Perhaps It should also be noted the Hugo has many hundred times the electronics that virtually any other Dac on the market has. John Franks.

Oh...my! This seriously sounds so good!

Jan 7, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #8,753 of 42,758

Awesome!!

Jan 7, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #8,754 of 42,758
I really love the way low down tuned guitars sound on the mojo, although my sub bass heavy ADEL A12's play a significant role as well. These sort of doom/stoner metal guitars are so rich, warm and fuzzy. Like a powerful car engine revving up.

Jan 7, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #8,756 of 42,758
Wow, look at this, 25 minutes without a message here, this thread is hard to follow! So many messages and I think it will only get busier.

Jan 7, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #8,757 of 42,758
Jan 7, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #8,758 of 42,758
mojo has entirely different approach to digital music like no other portable headphone amp except Hugo has. chord electronics design their own proprietary dac section using programmable chips of very high processing power. this processing power is many times more than other dac in a portable headphone amp. this processing power is used to accurately create the wave form as close as possible to original analog wave form by means of higher tap count and chords own algorithm. processing power is also used in filtering out the noise. the results as measured by one member are posted somewhere in this thread. I don't think any other portable headphone is any where close to mojo in measurements as well as sq.

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #8,760 of 42,758
c3d69f2ad24e0b50936d783ba8d72394.jpg
0726492c6138a691e22f857c1a782074.jpg

Mojo have connection issues with ONKYO DPX1.

After a period of times track playing will disconnect from mojo.

Please take note. Couples of friends having the same issues.

If you planning to get ONKYO DPX1 to pair with Mojo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back