Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 5, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #8,567 of 42,765
  Still trying to wrap my head around that low volume issue, I charged the Mojo fully and when I turn it on the light is blue under the USB port isn't that supposed to be green? I kinda didn't pay too much attention when everything was working fine... the manual doesn't recap the light color for USB port but the pic there shows a green light. 

Thanks!

Not a solution for your issue, but guidance on the charging-port LED colours may be found in the first link of the battery/charging section, in the 3rd thread post:

I think my unit is faulty ... so when battery is fully charged even after 10 hours or 5 led indicator is automatically turn off , I know it's fine because battery is charged but the problem is when I put it to charge after charging the led indicator turn on again ( white color ) and looks like battery never been charged .

Don't worry that's fine, the charger has been reset and its in trickle charge mode.
The colour without the charger connected is the one to watch (fully charged is blue then green, yellow down to red, flashing red means 10 minutes left).

Rob

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #8,569 of 42,765
Jan 5, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #8,571 of 42,765
Hum so you tried two iems and you think they are not for you. You should take more time to judge...but it seems that you are asking many questions but not listening much to the answers (as many people have recommended things and you seem to ignore it. So I will recomment this (and afterwards ignore you):

No offense meant (well kind of), but you have to do your homework.

Thank you for your help and links, I've read through them and learned a lot. But still with no conclusion, it seems like the IEM world is limited in *spacious,* very wide Soundstage parts of reproduction.

Reading that thread made me lean more towards full sized HP.

A shame, because when I first started this hobby months ago, I really was after portability with in ear monitor as I can store them quickly.

But I see they come with massive sound *handicap*. Maybe the *impressive * *fun* 3d sound Is not to be found in IEMs. I may of looked in the wrong place all this time.

The Mojo is a keeper, I even enjoy it'd look and feel with the colors and sound signature, I will keep it and pair with with whatever I may find next, I love mojo, at least I feel I did something right in this *search* so far, and that is getting the Mojo, very disappointed in the k10 through my reads, I see it praised and I see it mentioned a lot that there is no spacial or 3d imaging.

I'm loosing for the *surround* sound feel, just something detailed yet fun and engaging, that will make you dance

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #8,573 of 42,765
Thank you for your help and links, I've read through them and learned a lot. But still with no conclusion, it seems like the IEM world is limited in *spacious,* very wide Soundstage parts of reproduction.

Reading that thread made me lean more towards full sized HP.

A shame, because when I first started this hobby months ago, I really was after portability with in ear monitor as I can store them quickly.

But I see they come with massive sound *handicap*. Maybe the *impressive * *fun* 3d sound Is not to be found in IEMs. I may of looked in the wrong place all this time.

The Mojo is a keeper, I even enjoy it'd look and feel with the colors and sound signature, I will keep it and pair with with whatever I may find next, I love mojo, at least I feel I did something right in this *search* so far, and that is getting the Mojo, very disappointed in the k10 through my reads, I see it praised and I see it mentioned a lot that there is no spacial or 3d imaging.

I'm loosing for the *surround* sound feel, just something detailed yet fun and engaging, that will make you dance
Go Rhapsodio Solar or 1plus2. Some of the largest stages in iems.

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #8,574 of 42,765

Not a solution for your issue, but guidance on the charging-port LED colours may be found in the first link of the battery/charging section, in the 3rd thread post:

Thanks for this, so my low volume thingy is not related to a battery issue... 
This is frustrating...

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #8,575 of 42,765
Just wanted to say Drew at Moon Audio has agreed to accept the unit as a return, he tested it out and seems its not the chord mojo at fault and probably my PC rig and intense gaming use with HD650 that contributed to the problem. Any way, just wanted to say my case was handled professionally, and no complaints. 

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #8,576 of 42,765
First of all, apologies for any newbie errors as this is my first time post 
confused.gif

I'm seriously considering the Chord Mojo as an Amp/DAC to pair, currently, with my HTC One M8 (although this can change fairly frequently) and my laptop at work.

Now my main concern is that I will have trouble using Spotify on the Android device so I'm wondering if there is anyone out there with any experience of this on Android using OTG??

I have plenty of local FLAC files so I could get the USB player but still would miss being able to mix up my commute music on a whim...

Cheers,

F

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #8,577 of 42,765
confused.gif

I'm seriously considering the Chord Mojo as an Amp/DAC to pair, currently, with my HTC One M8 (although this can change fairly frequently) and my laptop at work.

Now my main concern is that I will have trouble using Spotify on the Android device so I'm wondering if there is anyone out there with any experience of this on Android using OTG??

I have plenty of local FLAC files so I could get the USB player but still would miss being able to mix up my commute music on a whim...

Cheers,

F

I have the Mojo paired with my S6+ edge.
No problems using Spotify, Poweramp, standard music app etc.

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #8,578 of 42,765
confused.gif

Cheers,

F

I struggle to use HTC M8 with Mojo. It has too much annoying random glitching or clicking noise even at flight mode. It does not support native USB audio with Mojo. so Spotity will not work. Mine is running lollipop and hope the marshmallow will improve. My 1st gen Nexus 7 pairs better than the M8.

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #8,579 of 42,765
Oh boy. What does one recommend for *fun * engaging sound? That does not cause *fatigue*?

Would I still have to switch out the Mojo? (I love mojo)

Sony XBA-Z5, a very musical pairing with the mojo. Fun punchy bass, detailed trebs without being fatiguing. Definitely Wow factor for me. I compared against the 846 and I wasn't impressed with them either but that's just my preference for a bassier darker sound signature

Users who are viewing this thread

Back