Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 3, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #8,345 of 42,765
Some would say that's a better physical (and aesthetic) fit with the Mojo, anyway.

If using an AK with a Mojo, the only real downside of a 100ii, vs the 240, is probably lower downsample for DSD (over optical), and memory capacity (256gb internal + 1 slot vs 64gb internal + 1 slot.

Fortunately, 200gb microSD cards are now getting more realistically-priced, and there are many happy AK100ii + Mojo owners in this thread :popcorn:

So, here's wishing you happy listening! :beerchug:

But the Ak100's have 2 micro SD slots.

Jan 3, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #8,346 of 42,765

Some would say that's a better physical (and aesthetic) fit with the Mojo, anyway.

I very strongly take issue with iRiver's pricing, but now that AK100iis are fairly priced, I personally have no issue with the AK100ii

If using an AK with a Mojo, the only real downside of a 100ii, vs the 240, is probably lower downsample for DSD (over optical), and memory capacity (256gb internal + 1 slot vs 64gb internal + 1 slot.

Fortunately, 200gb microSD cards are now getting more realistically-priced, and there are many happy AK100ii + Mojo owners in this thread
popcorn.gif

So, here's wishing you happy listening!
beerchug.gif

thanks mython I'm just waiting on the ak to charge

Jan 3, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #8,348 of 42,765
if one wants an astell kern to use with the mojo the best bet is a 120 titan ....128 internal and 2 slots which can hold up to 200gb currently

Jan 3, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #8,349 of 42,765
Yeah I fear you're correct. well maybe the guys from USBAPP will figure out a way, since there are a lot usb options... But none works for me, yet.
Other question, is there any hope, that the Tidal integration is going to be improved? Like having access to the same navigation like in Tidal, with options to go back after you chose an album

Also I am looking for a case for mojo... And still a USB cable for portable use... Something like the moon audio silver dragon form fit... For a realistic price.

I use to have a few problems when using UAPP have a look at my post #7017. I use these setting on 3 different devices.
I also left the all the USB options unticked . I have used the same  UAPP settings  on a Nexus 6, Nexus 6P and OnePlus One.

USB cables, several have tried this one with varying degrees of success.

Jan 3, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #8,350 of 42,765
I recently wrapped-up a week long audition period with Mojo and summarized my thoughts in a review. LINK.

TLDR: I'm a bit DAP obsessed, and Mojo made me question that obsession. Simply fantastic little device. Still can't believe the sound @Rob Watts
 and the team at Chord pulled off with this little guy!

\m/ \m/

Good review. I'm probably going to pick one up this week.

I'm curious with your love of DAP's how you never mentioned A&K in your auditions or for your own personal listening.

Jan 3, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #8,351 of 42,765
I was wondering, I have a cozoy astrapi and it comes with a micro usb to lightning cable. Can it be used with the mojo? Seems plausible

Jan 3, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #8,353 of 42,765
  Mr Rob Watts explained how the charging circuit works when the Mojo is left plugged in. I added it to the Mojo Issue Solutions thread.

Rob Watts explanation was post 4596 last time I looked. I didn't note down the page number. This is what he said exactly:

"Just to clarify. Charging is automatic. If you are playing and charging at the same time, with a fully charged battery, the charger will supply enough current to balance the consumption used by Mojo, so no net current into the battery. If its fully charged and the unit is off, the charger will go off. The charger will re charge automatically when the battery voltage falls to 8.2v (off at 8.4v) so keeping the charger connected will ensure a full charge."

Thanks so much for the info, that's awesome.  I think I'll stick with the rule that I make sure it's fully charged before use, but then use it while it's plugged into power.  I'll just need to buy a new charger for it :)

I'm really loving the unit, I got up early just to listen to it again, hehe

I do find its tonality pretty neutral (which is what I prefer), it just improves all aspects, tighter sound, better imaging, better treble extension and better resolution.  It's just like a nice improvement on the MBP sound card to me.  The support for insane PCM sample rates and DSD also leaves us open to all future audiophile music available :)

I'm just shocked at how tiny the unit is, it's so awesome to think that I could take these and my open EL-8s anywhere and have studio sound! :)

Jan 3, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #8,354 of 42,765
Good review. I'm probably going to pick one up this week.

I'm curious with your love of DAP's how you never mentioned A&K in your auditions or for your own personal listening.

Ok, ok. I give, I did get to listen to an A&K DAP once. I'd dropped by ALO HQ in Portland to meet Ken and pick up an Rx to try out. Turns out Ken wanted me to audition the Campfire Audio IEM (which btw are awesome!). I didn't know that was coming, so I hadn't brought a source. Ken pulled out what was obviously an A&K DAP. I asked if it was AK240. Nope. AK380. AK380 + Campfire Audio Jupiter almost blew my mind! However, since I didn't bring one of my own DAPs for comparison, I don't know how much of it was AK380, Jupiter, or both and really only spent about an hour with it, so I don't really include when talking about DAPs I've auditioned.

I was wondering, I have a cozoy astrapi and it comes with a micro usb to lightning cable. Can it be used with the mojo? Seems plausible

Not sure if the magic circuitry is in Cozoy's cable or in Astrapi. I sent my Aegis (which also gets by without CCK) to a headfi buddy in Canada, so I couldn't test that out. The thought has crossed my mind but slipped right out when I couldn't test it, so I'm glad you brought it up.

Jan 3, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #8,355 of 42,765
Is there any chance, there will be some sort of firmware update for the volume controls? :)

Creative Sound Blaster E5 with Cirrus Logic CS4398 works flawlessly with OSX or iOS. It is not really convenient to touch those hardware buttons on Mojo everytime, moreover they do change the volume kind of slow ;(

/img/vimeo_logo.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back