1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554
556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565
Next

Last
  1. 3ggerhappy
    You need  micro to micro OTG.

2. DanBa

Plug & Play, if every USB audio-required component is functional:

. USB OTG cable:
    A USB OTG cable (with a "ID pin 4-connected to-pin 5" micro USB plug) is needed to connect an Android device to a standard USB DAC.
    The dual-role Android device is configured to USB host mode (able to interwork with a USB peripheral like Mojo) on the insertion of a USB OTG plug

. compatible USB audio software:
    If the native USB audio does not work then you need to use one of the third-party USB audio music players (which include their own USB audio function / soft driver).
    USB Audio Player PRO or Onkyo HF Player are recommended by Chord.

More details can be found at:
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs
    Android USB audio
    . FAQ
    . A list of USB OTG cables / adapters

3. lurk
    OTG cables basically are ones tht sends data over usb right? Not necessarily micro usb to micro usb only

4. x RELIC x Contributor

Not exactly. USB cables that send data aren't necessarily OTG cables. As mentioned just above USB OTG has the pins configured specifically to tell the device to be in either host or slave mode. You can read the link posted just above or perhaps give this a read:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

http://www.moon-audio.com/dragon-audio-cables/usb.html

5. nmatheis Contributor
    I recently wrapped-up a week long audition period with Mojo and summarized my thoughts in a review. LINK.

TLDR: I'm a bit DAP obsessed, and Mojo made me question that obsession. Simply fantastic little device. Still can't believe the sound @Rob Watts and the team at Chord pulled off with this little guy!

ChordMojoCans.jpg  

\m/ \m/

x RELIC x and masterpfa like this.
  6. lurk

Thanks

7. San Man
    What brand of white USB cable is that?    

8. nmatheis Contributor
    It's actually the OTG cable that came with the Calyx PaT.

9. San Man
    Ah, thank you.   I guess I'll stick with the oem cable for the time being, as it seems as though my headphone jack is going out on my iphone so it may be a reason to look into a DAP now :)

10. zambz
    Thank you all so much for your replies re the OTG cable, I think I might try with a friend's phone and see what happens.

Another question I had was:

* If I leave my charger plugged into the unit, will the unit be powered by my charger and stop using the battery after it's charged?  I would like to use this at home a lot but I'm worried that the charger is constantly trying to charge the battery.

Thanks in advance :)

11. Whitigir

Nope! It is obvious that using Mojo while charging it, the Mojo does deplete the battery toward usages, and charging the battery at the same time by the charger. It gets twice as hot than either charging or using alone in this mode. So I would assume the Mojo always use the battery regardless of being charged or not. If this is the case though (need confirmation from Rob or Chord), I suggest not to use it and charge it at the same time, unless you "have to".

12. davidmolliere
    Regarding the battery if I had one criticism it would be that is depletes quite fast when fully charged even if it's not used maybe has to do with the specific battery technology used I don't know. 

13. zambz

I believe you're right yeah.  I don't mind that it gets hot, but I'm worried this will destroy the unit over time.  Perhaps I should shoot an email over to Chord Electronics on this?

Further thoughts are welcome.  I love that I can use this on the go, and I probably will use it when travelling, but most importantly, I just want to plug it into my Mac at home and use it as my main output.  Considering the unit has line level out mode too, one would think that it is also suited for use in a desktop environment.

14. Whitigir

Desktop usages is fine and good :D. Though sometime you may forget that it would just be kind of like sound blaster external card...where you plug it and forget it :D, but it is actually not ...hehehe. From what I know, charging while depleted of the battery at the same time will kills the battery much faster...and I meant "much!" Faster. But I am not any battery engineering....so, better safe than sorry.

15. zambz

Thanks a lot, I'll shoot over an email and let you know what they say.

I love the unit too much to hurt it :')

Appreciate your help!

First

Back
545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554
556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565
Next

Last