1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528
530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539
Next

Last
  1. Sound Eq
    don't feel like that we had the same questions on the hugo thread what is the best transport and i can tell from now after few weeks the talk will be around what is the best transport as that is what happened in the hugo thread and i was confused myslef when i owned the chord hugo, so here we are again with the same question what is the best way to connect the transport to mojo

2. fiascogarcia
    I believe DX90 only has coax out to external DAC.

3. h1f1add1cted
    He should read the first pages, all information are shared with connection of different devices to Mojo. The iBasso DX50 and DX90 have both coax output, which is in this case the only way to connect the Mojo. Other devices have different digital output like USB or toslink, some devices like iBasso DX80 have both coax and toslink for example, you can use what ever you want as long it's digital output and not analoge, the cable in case of DX90 can be a simple short mini to mini cable nothing special.

4. JACONE
    I'm really enjoying my AK120+Mojo+sysconcept+K10 rig.
    If the Mojo was an all in one DAP that would be the killer product.

Chord - hint hint! :)

5. mscott58
    A dedicated coax cable will work best with the coax output, having both the proper ohm rating and shielding as well as mono plugs. Cheers 

6. NaiveSound
    And if used with dx80 then I should use a toslink cable? Toslink to Toslink or usb to Toslink, I am defiently an idiot

7. x RELIC x Contributor

Just take some time to read. It took me about five seconds to find out the dx80 has both coaxial and optical digital output that supports 24/192 each so pick one and go with it. You can order a custom optical cable or a custom coaxial cable. Read the third post for links and descriptions to connect the Mojo. It makes no sense to convert from optical to USB.

8. h1f1add1cted

No it makes zero differences in SQ I compared both, a real 75 ohms shielded coax cable and a regular custom made audio cable without 75 ohma and no shielding (both paired mono plugs)  mojo1.jpg

9. Duncan Moderator
    I personally don't see the point of that, kind of like using a car in first gear at max rpm to do 35...

Leave the mojo to decode at native (44.1 in the case of spotify), Rob Watts has often said that his FPGA works best at 44.1...

10. georgelai57
    Hi,

Can you tell us what is underneath the iPod and what is the mode of connection from that device to the Mojo?

Thanks.

11. Nikonkit
    Fostex HPP1 feed the Mojo via an optical link, I have the same setup but find it subjectively a little dry and too clean, i.e. not fleshy and organic.

12. shigzeo Contributor

It would be real easy to test. I don't currently have reliable coaxial sources, but if I did, I could compare a regular 3,5mm stereo cable with a proper 75ohm coaxial cable. I doubt the differences would be much, as earlier, I did just that and found basically nothing between them.

13. joshuachew
    That looks g
    That looks good. Alot better than using the bands. How did you velcro it?

14. NaiveSound
    So coax is better then micro usb to micro usb from dc80 to mojo I'm just gonna keep dx80

15. Pokemonn
    .[​IMG]

IMG_0969.jpg

Raketen likes this.
First

Back
519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528
530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539
Next

Last