1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476
478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487
Next

Last
  1. Currawong Contributor
    I would have guessed it isn't the cable making the sound "warmer" but reducing distortion caused by noise entering the Mojo, which we are more sensitive to in the treble.

Quote:

Wrong cable I'd bet. You need one that is terminated in a 3.5mm TS plug, which looks like a mono version of a regular headphone plug.

Looks like up-sampling mode in HF Player, which is advised against for the Mojo. The DSD up-sampling mode is good with Sabre-based DACs, because it bypasses their rather lacklustre filters, but unnecessary in the Mojo which has a completely different system.

What DAP do you have? I don't know of any with a USB output.

Light - Man likes this.
  2. x RELIC x Contributor

I see you have the X3ii. The only digital output on the X3ii is the coaxial output that's shared with the line out. Considering this you need a custom cable that will be compatible with the TRRS connection in the X3ii. If you don't throw your FiiO in the dustbin like you did with the e11 (been reading your posts in the X3ii thread), then you will completely bypass the DAC and amp in the X3ii and the Mojo will do all the digital to analogue conversion and amplification. The X3ii will essentially just be a transport for music files.

Here's a link to a custom cable you need. You select your plug options for the X3ii and Mojo:

http://www.moon-audio.com/black-dragon-mini-coax-digital-cable-hifiman-player.html

Edit: To be clear for those that do not know, the USB OTG function on the FiiO DAPs is for expanded storage, not for audio output.

Light - Man likes this.
  3. gHeadphone
    Hey Emilsoft. How did you like the 560 with the Mojo, im leaning towards a Mojo but im not certain if its the best choice with the 560 (my main headphone)

4. mscott58
    I find myself with a spare coax cable - 3.5mm TS (mono) male plugs with ~24" of real 75-ohm RG179 cable (from Belkin). Ordered one to connect my X3 and Mojo and they for some reason sent me two. PM me if your interested. Cheers

image.jpg

5. oldmate
    Save yourself some dollars and go with the cheaper option - no difference. Actually, there is a difference - asthetics.

6. emilsoft
    I was a strong believer in that USB cables make no difference, I don't see how it does this, but using my Supra USB cable everything sound less strained and easier to listen to, but with clearer instrument separation, which might be classified as warmer.

Light - Man likes this.
  7. emilsoft
    No problems driving the 560s, if you are looking for a small amp/dac them at this price level don't think you can do much better really.. I should say that I didn't listen to the 560s for long as I didn't like them as much as the HD600s, so take my opinion with a pinch of salt. 

8. emilsoft
    Alternative is Audioquest Forest USB which is cheaper, never tried it though. The QED seems thicker and less bendable which can be a problem with the Mojo's small size and mini connector 

9. emilsoft
    There is a difference with USB cables in terms of sound quality, surprisingly so. I wouldn't spend more than 30-40£ however

10. oldmate
    OK, I should have said I can't hear any difference. My apologies.

11. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    ibasso.jpg

Very short bro.

12. Hawaiibadboy Contributor

My audio brain was born in front of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. B.S.O + Half Shell venue = musical impact that is felt.

Any live Orchestra fans out there? Then you know what I'm saying. More power than any Rock or Hip Hop show.

It does or it  gets the ...something.
    Only with a micro fiber cloth and nothing other than a pinch  of pure soap.[​IMG]

13. Wyd4
    9/10 audiophiles recommend keeping the hose away from the mojo, even if it refuses to rub the lotion on its skin

14. mscott58
    And what about the "tuck"? [​IMG]

15. x RELIC x Contributor
    :blink:

First

Back
467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476
478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487
Next

Last