1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448
450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459
Next

Last
  1. x RELIC x Contributor

I believe it's the resolution and the very accurate timing and transients from Rob's WTA filters and FPGA taps that technically provide an order of magnitude better sonic reproduction of the original performance over off the shelf solutions like Sabre, Cirrus, Wolfson, etc., and the fact that there is VERY little after that in the signal path to add distortion that gives the Mojo its magic sauce. The Mojo is specifically tuned to be a little smoother than the Hugo given its intended portable purpose, and I personally love the tuning.

Light - Man likes this.
  2. Mython Contributor

davidmolliere and x RELIC x like this.
  3. x RELIC x Contributor

As the title of the thread says, check the first post. There's a whole section on coaxial connections. Also, you may want to look at the Mojo Wiki, also linked in that post.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-read-the-first-post-for-updated-info#post_11992416

4. Heartsmart
    Thanks! :)

5. DMinor
    Simplicity is a beauty. There is no doubt an audio path with less components will yield a cleaner sound with less distortion. From my experience, the power makes a huge difference to dynamics as a result of simple and clean audio path.

6. Currawong Contributor

I've been using it directly with HD800s lately.

There's enough space on top for a DAP easily.  I have an AK100 strapped to mine when I put it in the case. I don't like to remove the optical cable (to avoid dropping or damaging it) so I have mine going the other direction.

ChordMojoPelican1020_D75_3710.jpg

jamato8 and davidmolliere like this.
  7. audionewbi
    Here is some nudity for all you chord pervs, and no it is not mine please dont void my warranty

source:https://twitter.com/fixerhpa

I highly recommend you guys to check out the link abotve, this person is putting mojo into some serious testing, so far the reports of him states nothing put perfection. Ofcourse use google to translate the source.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

CVyJADSUkAA4f9u.jpg

8. Mython Contributor
    In continuing the earlier discussion on the previous page, and above, here is some more detail which may be of interest to some of you...

Please note that the following quote was posted in the 2qute DAC thread, and is referring to the Hugo, so please exercise some discretion in that the Hugo is not 100% identical to the Mojo, but the majority of this information does apply equally-well to the Mojo:

Currawong, x RELIC x and Light - Man like this.
  9. Skyyyeman
    Cases for Mojo -- Aside from the Pelican cases, there are various soft cases used mainly for small digital cameras such as this one:

[​IMG]

This is a Pearstone Onyx 260 camera pouch. It's deep enough to carry my AK120 and Mojo stack and is soft on the inside with a decent amount of padding. Here's a link to one at B&H:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=pearstone+onyx+260&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

10. charlie0904
    Is there any difference in using different dap with mojo? Like ak100 with mojo vs mobile hp with mojo.

11. oliverpool

Actually I believed that I experienced this before. But I am not sure.

When I first got the unit connected to my desktop speaker. I had the wrong input selected on my amp. I ended up turning up my jriver volume and the mojo volume up to max. And I thought I heard a very low low volume of the song playing. I then found out I had the wrong input. Lowered the volume and corrected it. Never thought much about it till now......

12. oliverpool

I have some cables from them. Really good quality stuff. The USB ones are well build. Their rca connectors are solid but a little loose fitting though.

13. equedadoii
    have you noticed a marked difference in sound with the micro b cable?

14. JACONE
    So I had the Mojo fed by my AK120  through sys concept optical cable outputting to my K10s for two weeks and can honestly say it does sound superb.
    I feel bad for my ZX2 since it's not getting any use but it's hard to put down the Mojo/AK 120 combo.

I think this is end-game for me! I could spend more $$$ for marginal gains but not interested!

I'm sure many of you have came to the same realization thus not alone here!

15. georgelai57
    The words "end game" do not apply to any hobby.

First

Back
439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448
450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459
Next

Last