1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440
442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451
Next

Last
  1. georgelai57
    Or yours has a built-in DAP prototype???

2. lurk
    chord.jpg

it's very tiring to A/B good sound....

3. equedadoii
    has anyone bought from ghentaudio?

just taking a look at some usb to micro b cables as 1.) mojo provides one cable and 2.) i'd like to see if improved cables provide some degree of fidelity beyond what substantial clarity mojo already provides.

it is a cheaper option compared to what qed and audioquest put out, but i haven't heard ghent mentioned around here at all.
    50 for 2x 3.3ft cables
    http://www.ghentaudio.com/part/u05.html
    versus upwards of 80-100 for the one from either qed or audioquest.

also, wouldn't i only need the one cable for the mojo as the other micro port is meant for recharging the battery?

4. aamefford
    With the mini speaker thing, and thermal shut off when listening and charging, plus the previous hiss issues, I think I'll wait a while until Chord sorts these out. Kinda want one though.

5. shigzeo Contributor

Is the mini speaker thing common? 

6. headwhacker
    IMG_0957.jpg
    Preparing for a head to head match [​IMG]

Quote:

7. Mython Contributor

No, it is not at all common (I'm not just saying that - feel free to search the thread and you'll find I am being truthful in anything I've said about Mojo, including this)

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this peculiar issue, but if you take it back to your dealer, I am confident they will do the right thing. If they don't, just contact Chord directly and discuss it with them.

8. mscott58
    Not for me. I've taken my Mojo and cranked it to the full line-out volume with very recognizable music with lots of strong notes and haven't heard a peep out of it - it's dead quiet when not plugged into any HP's. Sounds like that one unit is either defective or possessed. [​IMG]

9. Mython Contributor

I think all of us with rational, logical, minds, know that it is much more likely to be possessed than defective [​IMG]

On the small off-chance that it might be defective, it should be taken back to the dealer, but might be worth stopping by the local church, en route to the dealer, just to be sure...

spook76 likes this.
  10. jamor
    Can you replace battery in 2 years if it goes bad after warranty?

11. h1f1add1cted
    The warranty is 5 years, I only need to register my Mojo I which bought from a official Chord dealer to Chord and I have now 5 years. Battery is if I'm not wrong only 1 year, but I would guess for some money the will replace them for you if needed.

12. Mython Contributor

Although Chord did recently issue the following warning, in relation to potential attempts by intrepid Mojo owners to swap the battery themselves:

you can take heart from this:

The 10 years life has been contested by someone, but even at half that, it's going to provide excellent performance, excellent value for money, and the battery absolutely can be replaced, but only with exactly the same specially-developed battery, from Chord (which they will be happy to do, if it should ever prove necessary).

jamor likes this.
  13. Ike1985
    All you guys pairing your monos w/zx2's can just switch to phones since it's the same thing and I'll trade you my mojo for your zx2 so now you have 2 and don't have to worry about battery issues. Plus mine is completely silent and hiss free. : P

14. psikey

I asked them direct before buying mine and my question was about Mojo & Hugo:

Hi Andrew

We will provide future battery replacements for all of our products that have them in. We are expecting at least 10 years of decent life out of Hugo (this is 10000 charge cycles, which is down to 20% and back up to 100%). If you keep the unit topped up it will last even longer. 
      Kind Regards
    Tom Vaughan
    Pro-Audio & Manufacturing 

jamor likes this.
  15. psikey

I had ZX2 and sent back Because it doesn't sound as good as a Mojo (plus other reasons including possible issues with Battery replacement in a ZX2 and stuck ay Android 4.2).

First

Back
431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440
442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451
Next

Last