Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 2, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #6,136 of 42,765
My Chord Mojo when I plug it in to charge, the charging light comes on but it goes off after 15 seconds or so. I initially thought that it was because it was fully charged but when I switch the unit on the battery indicator is blue. Help?

Dec 2, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #6,137 of 42,765
Does anyone know if there any way to get DSD256 to work on Mojo on JRiver Media Center?

JRiver seems to have a bug/issue that it only does DSD256 natively (on ASIO etc), whereas DoP (what Mojo needs) caps out at DSD128.

I can get DSD256 working with Mojo on Foobar and Audirvana, but just not JRiver.

I answered this further back in thread. Will post link when I get chance to search.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #6,138 of 42,765
Yes. You must use the CCK though. Basically, the cck bypasses the internal amp of the iPhone and sends the digital audio to the mojo via USB.

I don't believe that's true, anymore.  I know that some have purchased a cable from lavricables which doesn't require the CCK, and I have one on order from Taobao that I've heard works without CCK, too.  

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #6,140 of 42,765
I found someone mentioned that the Mojo cuts out from overheating when playing and charging at the same time.

I posted all the details in post #8 here http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issues-solutions-thread#post_12126994

I am a bit surprised by this. I kind of hope it's because the user is using a higher current charger and getting it too hot. For me, the Mojo has to work as a desktop DAC charging and playing together.

I don't mind using cooling just to keep it cooler anyway. However I still want it independantly to be able to charge and play at the same time.

There was also an interesting issue I found and mentioned in post #9 on that thread also.

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #6,141 of 42,765
I don't believe that's true, anymore.  I know that some have purchased a cable from lavricables which doesn't require the CCK, and I have one on order from Taobao that I've heard works without CCK, too.  

Chord specifically state that the cck is required http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821AM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter?fnode=91

The taobao cable apparently doesn't work with iOS 9.1 and the lavricable maybe rendered inop at any time with future iOS updated.

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #6,144 of 42,765
absolutely love my mojo, and i can't wait to pair it with a higher-endish headphone (sr60i at the moment
dt880smile.png
)
but is there any solution to the 1-second skipping to the beginnings of songs. foobar used. wasapi component downloaded too.

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #6,145 of 42,765
My Chord Mojo when I plug it in to charge, the charging light comes on but it goes off after 15 seconds or so. I initially thought that it was because it was fully charged but when I switch the unit on the battery indicator is blue. Help?

Blue indicates fully charged (or, at least, indicates the highest level of charge).  As the battery is depleted it'll change from blue to green, then to yellow, then to red and finally will start blinking.

So you're all good.

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #6,146 of 42,765
Thank you so much!! I was really worried there for a moment. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #6,147 of 42,765
Hi guys, anyone able to comment sound compared to the oppo ha 2?
Is there a step up warranting an upgrade?

Will be using ie 800 pretty much, and if it good with hd 800 then it is a bonus..

Thanks

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #6,148 of 42,765

Blue is fully charged. The sequence goes from fully charged to fully drained like this:

Blue -> green -> yellow -> red -> blinking red. When it's blinking you have approximately 10 minutes left, or less.

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #6,149 of 42,765
Hi guys, anyone able to comment sound compared to the oppo ha 2?
Is there a step up warranting an upgrade?

Will be using ie 800 pretty much, and if it good with hd 800 then it is a bonus..

Thanks

Having auditioned the oppo and currently owning the mojo and ie800 I can say for me it's a sure step up in sound quality to the mojo. For me it is worth it.

The mojo is smoother with no less detail. More refined.

I auditioned the hd800 with the mojo. But it wasn't an ideal environment in the noisy store. However I was quite pleased with what I heard. Plenty of volume and it didn't sound thin or shrill. I haven't heard the hd800 with any high end desktop rigs though for comparison. However what I did hear was enough for me to start putting pennies away to save for the hd800.

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #6,150 of 42,765
I found someone mentioned that the Mojo cuts out from overheating when playing and charging at the same time.

I posted all the details in post #8 here http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issues-solutions-thread#post_12126994

I am a bit surprised by this. I kind of hope it's because the user is using a higher current charger and getting it too hot. For me, the Mojo has to work as a desktop DAC charging and playing together.

I don't mind using cooling just to keep it cooler anyway. However I still want it independantly to be able to charge and play at the same time.

There was also an interesting issue I found and mentioned in post #9 on that thread also.

That issue is not the fault of the Mojo but the user and the computer. Music playback, especially DSD, can be very taxing on the system. That's why there are different operating modes that ensure smooth playback. The mojo will just play what the computer sends through. The user could use exclusive mode, or not use Steam and game when listening to DSD. Both are CPU intensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back