1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last
  1. gavinfabl

If anyone can answer my question re working with an iPhone 6S Plus etc, I will buy it immediately .

2. beemarman
    Hi,

It says in the manual you would still need a CCK cable for the mojo and idevices.

http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/mojo/

3. Mython Contributor
    LOL - if you buy one, I don't think you'd have any difficulty selling it on [​IMG]

4. gavinfabl

Thanks !

How does it compare to the Oppo HA-2 (which I currently have)?

5. LouisLoh
    Any Lightning male to microUSB male cables out there?

6. beemarman

Looks and usability I prefer the Oppo. Sound wise the mojo wins hands down.

Need to listen to it more, but it really powerful and drives my Pm2 much better compared to the Ha2.

It's definitely worth upgrading to the mojo for sound and power. It's just not as sleek looking as the Ha2.

7. JaZZ Contributor

Yeah, the look... [​IMG] One could say it has personality.

8. Mython Contributor
    It is unorthodox - much like most Chord gear. No denying that.

But the build quality is really nice. Look at the attention to detail on the bottom of the unit, for example:

Underside.jpg

I am absolutely certain that it will pass Chord's infamous 'tank test', in due course... [​IMG]:

Rhino73 likes this.
  9. cho8

There's a link on the shard event link/thread to a cable supplier which has been tried with the Hugo and works so no need to use the CCK. I think it's around £69 but waiting for supply to start again

10. beemarman
    It's quite bulky when attached to my phones. I'll post pictures up later. The oppo would win when stacking with phones. The mojo just looks odd when stacking, unless you have the AK100.

11. beemarman

Yeah I got caught out with the volume control. It seems to take a few seconds after adjusting the volume for it to take effect.

12. Wildcatsare1
    Anybody using the Mojo to drive full size headphones? Does it have the Sabre nasties, or has it been cleaned up, and how does the amp sound versus some of the better ones on the market, say Vorzuge?

13. x RELIC x Contributor

I'll report tonight with the LCD-2.2 (non-fazor). :)

14. Wildcatsare1
    Thanks, appreciated, would also love to read your thoughts on how the amp compares to your Alo Rx, and one of these days the Liquid Carbon[​IMG].

15. x RELIC x Contributor

You can also bet I'll compare the DAC-19 to the MoJo FPGA as well. :wink_face:

I can guarantee you the MoJo is magnitudes more powerful than the Rx.

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last