1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373
375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384
Next

Last
  1. SearchOfSub
    Dude, it's not mojo problem, it's your power. Some have good power in their home and some dont. Mojo transparent enough to hear your prior chain and power source noise. That's why some get "hum" and some get "hiss", these are all power issue. Try cellphone to mojo to headphone and see if hiss or hum increases or decreases, if there is level of volume changing it's your living home power. Mojo just detailed and transparent so picking it up.

2. headwhacker

My Roxanne almost 2 years old still has perfect seal. Can't hear the fan blowing 3ft away from me. I can detect my faint heartbeat, but no sign of hiss with music paused or not playing. The only hiss I hear is the one present in the recording. e.g. Spanish Harlem by Rebecca Pidgeon. I can hear a faint hiss on parts where she pause.

3. headwhacker
    There are some units that hum whenever, connected to a USB charger regardless of what kind. I had one replaced. At the very least it should not hum when connected to a battery pack.

4. shigzeo Contributor

No, that is incorrect. I didn't once use the Mojo connected to any sort of mains. I used only an iPhone and CCK. Mojo is detailed and transparent, but it hisses. All amps hiss. 

5. joshuachew
    I was planning on getting a AK380 but several close HeadFi-ers have advised me against it considering I already have the AK240. So yesterday I saw my AK120 Titan lying around and decided that I will 'make my own AK380' by strapping a Mojo to it.
    So I'll be getting a Mojo tomorrow. Is there anything that I should know before buying/using it?

6. SearchOfSub

If you knew it was normal behavior why return and ask how to fix it? It IS a normal behavior btw.

7. SearchOfSub

yes, expect a tiny little hiss to be normal if you are using high sensitive headphones or iems. All electronics hiss to an extent and is normal.

8. audionewbi
    Chord guys are quiet silent, I hope the pervious unrelated argument from your business partners did not discourage you from been present in here. 

I am sure all the Mojo owners got two question on their mind:

1)What are the future accessories for Mojo? Can you guys provide a list please
    2)When are they expected to come out?

Thanks guys :)

Jeff Y likes this.
  9. WCDchee
    My experience too with the mojo is that it hisses. Is it very significant? No it isn't. It's a very Low level of hiss. But if you're using a very sensitive multi BA iem, and you're used to something like the pure 2, it's sure as hell going to hiss :)

10. shigzeo Contributor

I didn't return. I don't own a Mojo. I will be purchasing one.

11. salavat

Wait for AK320 and see what offers.

12. MSP612
    I emailed the pictures to the store that I purchased it from and they had a single replacement available and held it for me to pick up. They had great customer service and gave me the replacement after looking at the unit. I got the replacement home and started charging it and it is hissing and making noises while charging. This is the best description of the noises I could find.
    John Franks acknowledges the issues and recommends getting a replacement.

Looks like the replacement will need to be replaced but seeing as they don't have any in stock I am not sure when that will be. I love the Mojo audio quality but I am starting to question the build quality and quality control...although I am hoping that I am just unlucky because the audio quality is amazing and no one really seems to be complaining about the build quality.

13. spook76
    Not to gainsay the other posters but my first batch Moon Audio Mojo has absolutely no audible hiss with the highly sensitive SE846. Coming from the legendarily quiet Ray Samuels amps (Protector, Lightning and Intruder) trust me if the Mojo hissed I would hear it. Coupled with the fact that progressive music has some really long songs ("The Whirdwind" by Transatlantic at 89 minutes) there are a lot of quite passages for a hiss to be prevalent.

I only post this so that prospective buyers of the Mojo realize not all Mojos hiss or have problems. I feel I might have been lucky because not only does my Mojo not hiss, it does not hum or rattle when charging. I am experienced none of the common complaints posted on this thread. Mine has been perfect since I took it out of the box a month ago.

Eric510 likes this.
  14. uzi2

You can count yourself lucky in not being sensitive to hiss. I am sure that the previous posters who have experienced hiss would do so with your equipment.

15. spook76
    I would have to disagree. I am very sensitive to any audible hiss and I hear none with my rig. As I stated, my post was not meant to argue or gainsay with other worthy posters who have heard artifacts with their Mojos. So please give me the same courtesy and not presume I would not detect such artifacts in the sound.

First

Back
364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373
375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384
Next

Last