1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371
373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382
Next

Last
  1. steffi
    So the sound of thru the Mojo is not influenced by the source?

Does iPhone 6 Plus + Mojo sound better than AK380 for the price?

2. Torq

Out of interest, I spent the afternoon listening to a Hugo (given how impressed I am with the Mojo). I got the same hiss on the Hugo that I get on the Mojo.

According to Rob Watt's post here that's both normal and to be expected. I know the Mojo isn't the Hugo, but it does make me think there's nothing wrong with my Mojo (Inwould expect the Hugo to be the better performer) and the real issue is just that I am able to perceive lower levels of hiss, maybe sound in general, than some others.

3. x RELIC x Contributor

That makes sense. The hiss I had was HIIIISSSSS or SSSHHHHHH, like pink noise, and audible over the music with my IEM so what you are describing is completely different. Thanks for the clarification.

:beerchug:

4. shigzeo Contributor

What you mean? It performs better by a large margin. The Mojo will have its sound signature no matter the transport that is feeding it. If you like that signature, you will like Mojo. If you do not, you will not. It's as simple as that. The objectively better performer is the Mojo. The subjective appreciation you have of it will depend completely on you.

5. Ivabign

Exactly as mine was - more than the run of the mill hiss....  2 hours 20 minutes left [​IMG]

6. headwhacker
    JH Roxanne is not the most sensitive iem in the world and I don't hear any form of hiss on 2 of my Mojos. I had one earlier making a hummimg noise whenever connected to a USB charger which was replaced.

7. MSP612
    I have an issue with my Mojo's USB ports. They are not flush and are mounted at an angle. This means the USB cables stick out at an angle as well. When I searched this thread/forum and other sites it all looks like the USB ports should be straight and flush. The audio is working wonderfully but I am worried that this will cause problems when accessories become available for the Mojo. Has anyone else had this issue? I was planning on bringing it back to get replaced but wanted to check out what everyone here had to say first?

I took some pictures but can't post directly since I do not have the required permissions so here is an imgur link: http://imgur.com/CHyOzJ2&Ml4Aiyl

8. x RELIC x Contributor

Not normal.

MSP612 likes this.
  9. headwhacker

The port is not totally flushed but should be straight.

MSP612 likes this.
  10. MSP612

Thanks, I didn't think it was right. I will make sure to get a replacement.

11. lextek Contributor
    So I finally got around to listening to the Mojo. I don't what kind of magic they stuffed in this little thing, but it is amazing. I'm using an iPad Mini, HD600/Cardas with iTunes and Tidal. Couple words describe the sound. Detailed, real, and effortless. Didn't matter the music genre. It all sounded good. I bought the Mojo on an impulse, all the hype. I even cancelled the order once. The Mojo just makes the music sound better. I am so pleased with it. Yes I am gushing. Almost afraid to try higher end headphones and hi-Rez music....

12. jamato8 Contributor

The USB does not fit flush, yours is about normal. Also from the image I can tell the actual USB does go straight in. The fit is normal. 

13. mscott58
    The only "hiss" I hear is A) when the music is very quiet, and B) when that is apparently what was recorded originally. I've never been bothered by any such sound during normal playback, except a few bad recordings.

My hypothesis is that the Mojo is so resolving that any background noise is shown, not that the Mojo itself is at fault. If you prefer a system that shows no "noise" no matter what, then move on and find something that makes you happy.

Not being defensive, just my observation.

Cheers and have a great weekend

14. Ivabign

There does seem to be a small issue with the cables.

10 Hours done - this Mojo is perfect - no hiss - no hum - crystal clear...  I listen to a lot of recordings done in the 70's and 80's - there's hiss, and there's hiss.

15. Duncan Moderator
    Are we absolutely sure that the hiss heard isn't the blood flow through the ears vessels?

I am a real OCD character when it comes to noise, was one of the first to declare hiss on the Hugo (much to people's derision) I also declared it on the ZX2, but with the mojo whilst I do pick up a noise when plugging my Layla's into my ears, I think that is now more to do with occlusion than anything else, as is easy to replicate without the mojo at hand...

What are the ohm and efficiency ratings of affected IEMs?

Oh, and going back to cable RFI / EMI, yes, that is one definite thing that does affect Layla and mojo performance, the bass adjuster module sucks up noise like a vacuum sucks up dust...

jamato8 likes this.
First

Back
362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371
373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382
Next

Last