1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358
360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369
Next

Last
  1. imattersuk
    My mid 2014 13" Macbook Pro Retina is running el capitan with zero issues connecting Mojo via USB. I use Vox music layer which is a free download. I also use Max to convert my apple lossless to FLAC as to my ears they sound far clearer.

2. x RELIC x Contributor
    On a few computers I've heard multiple clicks and pops that were associated with the hard drive activity. Some USB ports share the same bus as the other components of the computer and 'computer noise' is transmitted to the external device. Have different USB ports been tried? Perhaps try one of the ports in the back vs the front of the PC.

3. FALEEV
    Ok. But why i've heard clicks on ipad with ssd.

4. x RELIC x Contributor

Right. Wasn't clear on the iPad use. If you have confirmed the same noise with the iPad I'd try to contact Chord.

5. salla45
    might really be coincident in this case, i got clicks on my phone off bat, not on the PC. I've suggested trying a different PC in the first instance. I think I am right in thinking he's less likely to get clicks via PC use. If the 2nd pc demonstrates clicks, then it's more likely a Mojo fault. IMO

6. Takeanidea
    yep- is that through a cck? not tried that connection. have you tried all the other uninstalling and reinstalling options I've suggested? and several different usb cables?

7. Takeanidea
    Try plugging it into an amp- switch it on and press the 2 volume buttons within 2 seconds. Connecting one of the headphone outputs to an external amp with a jack to phono cable. Does that work? 

8. FALEEV
    May be on ipad i`ve  heard clicks and pops cause i use wifi on it?
    I`ll try to use spotify and apple musin on ipad without wifi on.

9. FALEEV
    Yes. Throught CCK.

10. mrhizzo
    Anyone knows where can I buy a coaxial cable to connect the Mojo with a Fiio X5 2nd? (online)

Thanks.

11. salla45
    hah! im struggling also. I have a fellow-member made bespoke option coming, hopefully. But otherwise you're looking at DIY or Moon Audio will do one but for around 100 usd (ouch)

Will advise if I get the custom one in and how I get on.

Its a bit of a nightmare! Amazing that these things are not readily available.

mrhizzo likes this.
  12. reihead
    I guess I just had to... charging now

IMAG1296.jpg

13. mrhizzo

I am in Philippines now. I saw one store selling one, by Astell & Kern or whatever. Exactly this price, around 100 USD.
    Oh God. this is insane! lol

14. salla45
    have you any other way to play? eg via mobile phone? I am using a 2nd samsung i own, S4, as a dedicated player now. It's ok! USB OTG cable about 3usd off EBAY!! (pic shows with my S5, but same for S4)

DSC02418.jpg

15. x RELIC x Contributor

Oh definitely. Sorry, I thought you'd tried it with the WiFi off already. Try playing music in airplane mode (wifi and cel network - if you have it - turned off) and let us know if you still hear the anomalies.

FALEEV and salla45 like this.
First

Back
349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358
360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369
Next

Last