Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 18, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #5,297 of 42,765
I would say no, it wouldn't work as the outputs would share a common ground... I suppose the only way to really know is to try putting a really high load onto the other Jack whilst listening, if the volume drops then good in concept bad in practice...

As an aside to previous poster, AK120 does DSD over optical at 88.2khz

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #5,298 of 42,765
Nope, that there with the T1 is not balanced. I would not recommend doing that.

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #5,299 of 42,765

I'm surprised that you don't find the AKG K3003's a fun listen with the Mojo? I'm just finding the synergy electrifying. I can understand your comments though, the mojo is full sounding imho and probably does sound thick with less revealing phones. S'why we're getting comments of synergy also with HD800's etc. Interesting indeed!

EDIT... thinking about it, the Class A amp does lend itself to pairing with leaner transducers. I had a fabulous Musical Fidelity class A amp back in the 90's, it just got so hot in the end, just kept tripping out, lol. Wonderful, mellifluous sound, Mojo reminds me of that. Oddly enough I paired the amp with a Deltec DAC, the PDM1, if I remember the first commercially available dac from Rob Watts. Hah! great times!

I am still rocking Mojo but I am still not as vocal about it. I am waiting for the accessories to come out, I am satisfied with it but I still prefer Calyx M over Mojo as to me it sounds as good with easy to power gear and certain gears it sounds darn right outstanding. Mojo still requires a dap and since I cannot find a suitable stacking that I can carry with ease I am finding it hard to recommend for those who want to carry this on the go (meaning walking around).

If the dongles are designed correctly it should be easily to pair Mojo with thin USB connected daps, as is I find the Ak120/Mojo too thick, simply put calyx M is more portable.

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #5,300 of 42,765
I hear you about portability. The stacking , wiring is a minefield. Im not too sure why, on a portable product, outputs are often on one end and inputs on the other, not entirely ergonomic for pocketability!

I have just about got it portable with the use of a nifty usb otg cable for use with the samsung s4 or s5. In fact the S4 is now a dedicated player, left in flight mode, or without sim card, no interference to speak of, and I can still use it with tidal via wifi or with micro SD 

It's a solution anyhow, until i get my fiio coax connection sorted. And even then , the tidal aspect of the phone is something I might get quickly too used to! And the extra height of the phone over the mojo means there's some protection/stress relief for the phone socket.

Checked out the Calyx M just now. Nice looking player!

Quote:
  I am still rocking Mojo but I am still not as vocal about it. I am waiting for the accessories to come out, I am satisfied with it but I still prefer Calyx M over Mojo as to me it sounds as good with easy to power gear and certain gears it sounds darn right outstanding. Mojo still requires a dap and since I cannot find a suitable stacking that I can carry with ease I am finding it hard to recommend for those who want to carry this on the go (meaning walking around).

If the dongles are designed correctly it should be easily to pair Mojo with think USB connected daps, as is I find the Ak120/Mojo too thich, calyx M is more portable.

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #5,301 of 42,765
how's this for a mojo-specific Sugru application 
beerchug.gif

Nov 18, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #5,302 of 42,765

Hi guys, I saw this posted and I'm not sure if it could work but the person who posted this mentioned that he could get the Beyer T1 to run balanced out of the Mojo via the 2 SE connectors. Has anyone tried this and does it really work as "balanced"?
Just curious.

No

I would say no, it wouldn't work as the outputs would share a common ground... I suppose the only way to really know is to try putting a really high load onto the other Jack whilst listening, if the volume drops then good in concept bad in practice...

As an aside to previous poster, AK120 does DSD over optical at 88.2khz

The outputs not only share a common ground, they also share common L and R. They are one and the same.

The current models AK120II and AK100II output DSD at 176.4khz

Nov 18, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #5,305 of 42,765
Where did you got this cable?
How do you deal with ISO DSD files and the AK100?
Thanks

Mine is the Sys Concept 5mm Toslink. Great cable. Cheers

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #5,306 of 42,765
  I studied this during my psychology degree; counterintuitively, you are more likely to nod off when listening to / reading / watching something that you are engaged with, even something exciting. When something grabs your interest, your heartbeat slows and your body becomes relaxed, and you can fall asleep. (My brother can't help falling asleep at the cinema!)

Hmmm... my comments were shortlived. Whilst I'm still captivated by the Mojo, I am nodding off. I guess too many nights @ 4hrs sleep or so is catching up!

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #5,307 of 42,765
Whoever gave you a degree for psychology must have been seriously nodding off when he gave it to you. When something peaks your interest you wake up, heartbeat gets faster and you get more alert and become focused at the subject. I don't remember ever falling asleep and nodding off when I got my first Nintendo games but I do remember nodding off watching freaking golf when I was 11.

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #5,308 of 42,765
Whoever gave you a degree for psychology must have been seriously nodding off when he gave it to you. When something peaks your interest you wake up, heartbeat gets faster and you get more alert and become focused at the subject. I don't remember ever falling asleep and nodding off when I got my first Nintendo games but I do remember nodding off watching freaking golf when I was 11.

I think he was smoking a doobie in his classes while listening to music.

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #5,309 of 42,765

This is true. Too much excitement will raise hearth beat and pumping blood flow. The body will also release more chemical and hormones....etc. Hell, watch a new girl friend strip in front of you and if you say your excitement bring you to sleep ? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back