1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325
327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336
Next

Last
  1. psikey
    Yes, roll your balls for a while, it frees them up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. naimless

I'm using an iPhone 6 & CCK but this only happened once so I think whatever the problem is I think you ought to get in touch with your dealer because yours sounds a lot worse than mine.
    I did notice the the controls were a bit stiff straight from the box but now they've freed up with use they are fine ,no more problems.

3. stewboss
    I'm going to roll my balls. Thanks for the suggestions.

4. mscott58
    Just be careful. As it states in the Mojo users guide, if you push both while turning on they'll turn blue. 

5. ksb643
    That is awesome!

6. Eric510

Tyll @ innerfidelity did a pretty good CIEM roundup a few months ago too... certainly worth checking out as he was focusing in on lower cost CIEMs if I remember correctly. 

7. listen4joy
    its looking a killer portable Dac/AMP but i still didnt see serious comprasions and how it stacks against serious contenders ray samuels sr71, ALO  Continental Dual Mono, cypher labs solo doet therom 720, triad l3 and on...

8. x RELIC x Contributor

Look at comparisons of those devices compared to the Hugo and add some slight smoothness to the sound for the Mojo and you'll get an idea.

9. spook76

Quite a few pages back, I did a comparison with Ray Samuels F-35 Lightning and the Intruder. The Intruder is the closest as it is DAC/amp whereas the Lightning and SR-71B are simply amps.

If high resolution is important, the Intruder DAC/amp is limited to 16/48 but as most of my files are 16/44.1 I did not mind. Mojo allows resolution beyond what is even available now.

Sonically, the Mojo has a better 3D holographic sound and imaging with greater clarity than the Intruder all without a hint of fatigue. To me that is amazing when you remember the Intruder is best when using the balanced output which I did and the Mojo only has a 3.5mm output.

Is the Mojo vastly better than the Intruder, no, I remain a fan of the Burr Brown DAC and implementation of the Intruder but the Mojo is evolutionary not revolutionary better.

p.s. While I prefer the Mojo I could understand someone preferring the gentle more intimate sound of the Intruder.

10. iDesign

I'm not sure that any of those are serious contenders to the Chrod Mojo. The ALO Continental Dual Mono is more than double the price of the Mojo at $1,495 and the Triad Audio L3 and Ray Samuels SR-71 do not include DAC chips. The Cypher Labs Theorem 720 is perhaps a competitor to the Mojo but given its higher price, larger size, and lack of an optical input I don't see many buyers contemplating that decision. 

11. mscott58
    As I've mentioned here previously the CDM is actually a great (but clearly not budget friendly) companion to the Mojo. Line out from the Mojo to the CDM is some of the best I've ever heard from both my K10's and my LCD-3's. So from a high level I'd say the DAC in the Mojo beats the DAC in the CDM (although the CDM is still great) and the tube amp section in the CDM sounds better than the Mojo alone - of course all IMO. So currently in transit I use my AK100/Mojo stack, and at my desk I plug the Mojo into the CDM.

Cheers 

12. bflat

did you try Mojo out to SE input of the Intruder to balanced out to your SE846?

13. Jazzi

Thanks, TTVJ!

14. sandalaudio

My one also had stuck balls but rotating them around made them smooth.

FYI, people also had issues with Mojo stacking where the elastic band can accidentally press down on the volume buttons. (and blows up IEMs).

There is already a "volume guard" sold on Amazon Japan to stop this from happening.
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/400/dp/B017NB6AMK

aaa.jpg

15. mscott58

We need this in the US!!!

First

Back
316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325
327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336
Next

Last