1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318
320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329
Next

Last
  1. jamestux
    One of mine is running the win 10 beta and either that's not enabled yet or it doesn't work to pass out audio.

2. NikonGuy
    yy

3. McCol
    Decided that although the SQ is amazing from my Android device that I wanted something that stacked better.  
    I've bought a new AK100mkii from a US ebay seller.  $399 new with 2 x 64gb memory cards.  Even with the £100 delivery and customs taxes this works out far cheaper than a new one here in the UK.

To connect to my Mojo I wouldn't mind a short length optical cable but don't want to pay as much for the sys concept cables.  Anybody aware of any UK/EU sellers that have cables that are less than the standard 0.5m options that I see most places.  I've seen a Fiio L12 short cable, is that suitable?

4. Eric510

Dude! Thanks for the Stereo Exchange tip. I just bought the last one they had in stock. [​IMG]

Now the long, initial-charge wait begins... 

5. sling5s
    Just reading through DC head fi meet thread/impressions and it doesn't seem all that positive for the Mojo. Most of who heard it felt it was bright and sibilant and not all that impressed. Now I'm getting worried about my order.
    The impressions here on this thread seem to be that it's smoother in the upper treble than Hugo but few have noted that it has a slight upper mids/lower treble peak.  

6. barbes

I just read those DC comments and have to say - no disrespect - that I find them completely incomprehensible. My Mojo doesn't sound remotely as they describe. Don't worry about your order; I predict you'll be very happy.

7. sling5s

Thanks for the reassurance. The "abrasive and sibilant" got me worried. 

8. NikonGuy

9. sling5s
    I'll be using USB so that is disconcerting. I don't know what gear they were using. But they had some good gear to compare like Multibit Gungnir and Yggy. 

10. NikonGuy

11. sling5s
    iPhone to USB Mojo and JH13 and Grado GH1 on occasion. 
    I plan on hooking it up to Cavalli Liquid Carbon and Gustard H10  and see how it sounds compared to the Multibit Bifrost. 
    My preference is always smooth, clean and warm for dac and amps. 

12. x RELIC x Contributor

For the record the Mojo compared to the AGD DAC-19 did not sound overly bright or sibilant. The Gungnir multibit has been reported to be brighter than the DAC-19 so I really don't get the comments that the Mojo is brighter in comparison to the Schiit gear. Also, to my ears, there was no discernible difference with the inputs to my ears besides sampling rate capabilities.

13. psikey
    Maybe they have to down it as it's much cheaper than their used to so have to find fault to keep justifying the expensive stuff :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

14. jcoops16
    Got my mojo today and have been using it with a DX50 via coax and I have the same problem. Some times loud pops other times staticy interference type sounds, will try my phone see if its the same

15. imattersuk
    They are talking absolute bollocks then to put it mildly. I had mine on a 14 day home trial and if there was even a hint of it being bright it would have gone back. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but that's just plain wrong.

First

Back
309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318
320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329
Next

Last