Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 11, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #4,711 of 42,765
There seems to be a great difference of how "shops" operate here in the States and elsewhere. I cannot think of a single store I could go to in the US to trial a Mojo in person. Almost all the audio stores are gone, even for 2-channel. There's the odd place like Stereo Exchange in NYC, but they only carry certain brands, and Chord is not one of them. Living here in Philadelphia, the fifth largest city and the 7th largest metropolitan area in the whole country, there's not a single head-fi shop. Everything here is done over the internet. I'd love to have a shop where I could go and listen, but the only place we can do so is at shows like CanJam. Just a different business model. So when you hear people from the States saying "just order it and try it" you'll understand that's usually our only option. Cheers 

EDIT - Looking more closely it seems that Stereo Exchange might actually carry Chord, but they don't list the Mojo. 

You're absolutely right there. Things are very different in different parts of the world. In Singapore, we have an excess of at least 9 dedicated head Fi stores littered across the country, and considering that Singapore is just over 50km Long, that's an incredibly dense collection of shops. We have just about any head Fi product that you might be interested in for demo, and as such, many of us would very much rather wait to demo a product. There are exceptions of course.

Do also take into account the different cultures in the different countries. I understand that in the bigger western countries, people have been used to buying things from catalogues, but such a sales model would never have worked in my country.

It is crazy to think I live in a rural location in the UK. I live on Dartmoor a National Park which is 328 square miles of mostly moor land. This is the description of my village -

"PRINCETOWN is in the parish of Lydford, a grim little town some 1,400 ft. above sea level, with an abominable climate of fog, snow, wind, and more than 80 in. of cold rain over 100. It stands on a cot between the two Hessary Tors, exposed to the bitter N. and E. winds, the least suitable place that could ever have been chosen for a town."

Now here's the irony - I have an audio shop, really lovely place called Tavistock Audio around 10 miles away. I am also bang in the middle of 2 Apple Stores (Exeter, Plymouth) which are 60 mins to 45 mins away respectively. I am also bang in the middle or 2 Richer Sounds stores, and in Exeter there is an audio shop Guildford Hi-Fi.

And because of my rural location, the internet is used a lot. So I trust the views and opinions of many people on here. So far , I have not got it wrong..

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #4,712 of 42,765
Have to respond.
biggrin.gif

My favourite band. His remixes are amazing - always clear and the instrument separation is fantastic. I have bought all his Yes remixes so far , just wish they would release Tales from Topographic Oceans.

+1 
beerchug.gif

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #4,713 of 42,765
Subscribed
biggrin.gif

Anyway, anyone that uses mojo with windows, are you guys experience some fade in when using mojo with windows? It's quite annoying somehow, is there any fix for this?

what do you mean by "fade"? I am experiencing an annoying missing first beat at the start of track if I start them manually, using Foobar. Is this what you mean? I would also like to try and solve it.

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #4,714 of 42,765
what do you mean by "fade"? I am experiencing an annoying missing first beat at the start of track if I start them manually, using Foobar. Is this what you mean? I would also like to try and solve it.

I am experiencing an annoying missing first beat at the start of track if I start them manually -> yep, this is what I mean. Anyone has a fix for this?

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #4,717 of 42,765
What Music Player App you are using? It sounds like a playback feature/function.

foobar, either Chord ASIO or DS, still the same problem.

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #4,720 of 42,765
Don't get this with JRiver on Windows 10

I'll try the trial version first. If it's worth it (and as light as foobar2000), I might be interested in it.

Nov 11, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #4,723 of 42,765
It is crazy to think I live in a rural location in the UK. I live on Dartmoor a National Park which is 328 square miles of mostly moor land. This is the description of my village -

"PRINCETOWN is in the parish of Lydford, a grim little town some 1,400 ft. above sea level, with an abominable climate of fog, snow, wind, and more than 80 in. of cold rain over 100. It stands on a cot between the two Hessary Tors, exposed to the bitter N. and E. winds, the least suitable place that could ever have been chosen for a town."

Now here's the irony - I have an audio shop, really lovely place called Tavistock Audio around 10 miles away. I am also bang in the middle of 2 Apple Stores (Exeter, Plymouth) which are 60 mins to 45 mins away respectively. I am also bang in the middle or 2 Richer Sounds stores, and in Exeter there is an audio shop Guildford Hi-Fi.

And because of my rural location, the internet is used a lot. So I trust the views and opinions of many people on here. So far , I have not got it wrong..

Are you actually a prisoner?

Nov 11, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #4,724 of 42,765
Just played a DSD album and a flac album skipping to next song with nothing missing or lower volume at beginning. Nothing like that, plays perfectly

This is with Dell XPS 13 Windows 10 Home JRiver 21.0.15 using  Chord Async USB 44.1kHZ - 768kHz WASAPI driver from Chord.

So many options in JRiver for playback which was set to Cross Fade. Just changed that to 1s gap between tracks and again no missed part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back