Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 10, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #4,621 of 42,758
Guys it seems here that our new Friend here has been having some trouble on his part too. Whatever it is, I won't speculate, I won't comment on who's fault it is, I don't think we have a right to, but clearly it seems like he's having some trouble and that he has no other way to go about this. This is, after all his first time posting here about this so I think it would be nice if we could be a little more gracious. Of course if he keeps posting in a ridiculous fashion, then yes feel free to show your displeasure, but for now it seems like he's facing some difficulty too. Let's just show a little kindness and make this thread a welcoming one shall we? A little kindness and understanding can go a long way :)

Nov 10, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #4,622 of 42,758
With the ever-decreasing cost, and ever-increasing popularity, of home 3D-printing, It seems inevitable that, over the next year or 2, we will witness a lot of DIY creation of 3-dimensional plastic interfaces between devices, such as the Mojo + DAP/Phone, to keep them absolutely secure (and protected).

I think this will actually benefit relatively small gear producers like Chord, by taking the pressure off them to develop tertiary products, so they can instead concentrate their efforts purely on hardware.

I also think we will see a lot more people attempting to create DIY CIEMs (using digital laser-scanned ear impressions) from various source components (not necessarily the skilled job of configuring BA components from scratch, although some will, just as they already do, now). I foresee huge numbers of IEMs being purchased to immediately reconfigure into 3D-printed CIEMs.

I look forward to seeing what this new technology brings to the audiophile world.

Nov 10, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #4,625 of 42,758
  Can anyone recommend a good Active Nearfield Monitor to use with my Mojo?

Cheers!

Genelec - take your pick from 8010s to 8040s depending on room size. The Genelec sound is very revealing, dynamic and has some of the best imaging, it can also sound brutal with bad recordings,  takes no prisoners - the Mojo compliments them nicely as it tames them a little, gives them a little warmth so you end up with an incredibly revealing but also natural sound. To me anyway, it's a good match

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #4,626 of 42,758
Can someone please post a pic of the Mojo playing DSD? And 352k if you can?

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #4,627 of 42,758
I think my unit is faulty ... so when battery is fully charged even after 10 hours or 5 led indicator is automatically turn off , I know it's fine because battery is charged but the problem is when I put it to charge after charging the led indicator turn on again ( white color ) and looks like battery never been charged .

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #4,628 of 42,758
COMPETITION TIME

Our London Underground campaign has begun and to celebrate we're offering you a chance to win a Mojo. To enter just find one of the 26 sites on the central London tube network, take a selfie, and publish it on your Facebook (not forgetting to tag us in). Competition ends in two weeks time.
 ​
Happy hunting!
 ​

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #4,629 of 42,758
  We have a the Seattle Head-Fi meet coming up on 12/6 - I know a number of us would be grateful if you showed up to show off your new Mojo with your RSA Intruder and ALO Audio Int+. 
smile_phones.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786850/seattle-meet-12-6-15#post_12062832

Congratulations on your new toy.

I can do that!

I've not been around this site long enough to have figured out there was an upcoming local meet, so thanks for the pointer!

That said, I've been around "Head Fi" as a concept since "HeadRoom" launched the 2nd revision of the "Surpreme" amp (to give you an idea, that was discontinued in 1999).  The version I have still had the internal battery compartments that took four AAs ... and it promptly ate them in, as I recall, less than 2 hours!  I can bring that along as well for a bit of nostalgia.

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #4,630 of 42,758
Can someone please post a pic of the Mojo playing DSD? And 352k if you can?

No photo but today I created a DSD2 file by using JRiver to covert a 44.1khz ALAC file. Copied it to my iPod and played it to Mojo via Onkyo HD.

Mojo shows a white light though it has s slightly pinkish hue to my eyes. A photo won't really help.

Ian

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #4,631 of 42,758
I think my unit is faulty ... so when battery is fully charged even after 10 hours or 5 led indicator is automatically turn off , I know it's fine because battery is charged but the problem is when I put it to charge after charging the led indicator turn on again ( white color ) and looks like battery never been charged .

How long is the LED light indicator being on after plugging the charger. When my Mojo is fully charged the LED turned off. But if I accidentally plug in to charge again the LED turn itself on for about 1-2 second then off. I am considering it's normal.

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #4,632 of 42,758

Don't worry that's fine, the charger has been reset and its in trickle charge mode.
The colour without the charger connected is the one to watch (fully charged is blue then green, yellow down to red, flashing red means 10 minutes left).

Rob

Nov 10, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #4,633 of 42,758

We have a the Seattle Head-Fi meet coming up on 12/6 - I know a number of us would be grateful if you showed up to show off your new Mojo with your RSA Intruder and ALO Audio Int+. 
smile_phones.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786850/seattle-meet-12-6-15#post_12062832

Congratulations on your new toy.

I can do that!

I've not been around this site long enough to have figured out there was an upcoming local meet, so thanks for the pointer!

That said, I've been around "Head Fi" as a concept since "HeadRoom" launched the 2nd revision of the "Surpreme" amp (to give you an idea, that was discontinued in 1999).  The version I have still had the internal battery compartments that took four AAs ... and it promptly ate them in, as I recall, less than 2 hours!  I can bring that along as well for a bit of nostalgia.

We have a great active local group in the Seattle area, so it is fun to come and be able to hear all the good stuff side by side and compare opinions. We even do mini meets to compare special purchases in quiet scenarios. I can bring some great HPs and an AK100ii plus an X5 to compare connection options - coax vs. optical - to see for ourselves the SQ differences if any. Looking forward to it. I'm curious about the SQ differences between the AK headphone out and the AK < Mojo SQ - different levels of just different flavors.

Nov 10, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #4,635 of 42,758

first half of your post doesn't make sense (from a structure point of view) , but i don't mind

second half lies on being borderline offensive for Greece , which i mind

you have a public face here , and you should dip your tongue in your brain before being insulting with your comments

anyway do whatever you feel like doing with the demo unit , but remember this - a man will usually reveal his true self in times of great wealth or great misfortune - and i don't like what you have revealed in these last 2-3 posts (and i guess that mojo has brought you some wealth)

cheers 

i don't like the tone of Chord guy at all.....  we are customers or prospect customers ( i bought one 2 weeks a go ), the customer / consumer was just asking to supply a single demo unit for a distributor ( a country distributor not the retail ), that would be nice, every car dealer has a demo car and they are not charity and they are loosing great value selling the car second hand and the car company is contributing to this marketing effort according their deal... sometimes the company pays part of the depreciation the demo unit sometimes the distributor is, all according the volume and margin...

a country distributor is not a stereo shop, the case he is making is non sense, i think he is living in his small retail envoirment, completely disconnected from real trade with real money, not hi-fi coins. 

also i find the tone is arrogant with racist twist...... 

he may have a stupid idea ( which is not ), he have to respond in a cordial and kind way.... not like a colonial teacher of the trade....

if you don't have the capacity or/and patience to deal with customers / consumers this is not to place to be....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back