Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 10, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #4,606 of 42,765

Just to clarify. Charging is automatic. If you are playing and charging at the same time, with a fully charged battery, the charger will supply enough current to balance the consumption used by Mojo, so no net current into the battery. If its fully charged and the unit is off, the charger will go off. The charger will re charge automatically when the battery voltage falls to 8.2v (off at 8.4v) so keeping the charger connected will ensure a full charge.

Rob 

Thank you. That's brilliant. Insight into this is helping me make my decision. Really intelligent design without a fault.

This is a link which I think shows the review I mentioned earlier. It's an Amazon UK 1-star review of the Chord Mojo, criticised for the charging status. http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B016MXEY5U/ref=cm_cr_dp_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

(EDIT: I have added your reply about the power and charging circuit to the Amazon 1-star review comment.)

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #4,607 of 42,765
Yep, I have that one. Have a few others, including more expensive ones like the TTVJ one... Can't hear a difference.

you won't 
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #4,608 of 42,765
I have had mine now plugged in and I have been stress testing it for over 2 days, no issue so far. I will report back after 7 days if anything happens to my unit. My predictions are that either members been hyper-critical over a non-existing issue or that chances are that particular individual had a bad unit out of what could easily be a thousand units that chord has sold so far.

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #4,609 of 42,765

Thank you. That's brilliant. Insight into this is helping me make my decision. Really intelligent design without a fault.

This is a link which I think shows the review I mentioned earlier. It's an Amazon UK 1-star review. http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B016MXEY5U/ref=cm_cr_dp_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

(EDIT: I have added your reply about the power and charging circuit to the Amazon 1-star review comments.)

thing about Amazon reviews is that as long as you're a registered user you can post a review on a product without actually purchasing the item. I personally check to see if the person making remarks has a Amazon 'verified purchase' otherwise the system is open to abuse.

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #4,610 of 42,765

Might be an issue during summer. (Asuming you are in the orthern hemisphere), running as a desktop DAC and charging. The last thing you want is the DAC switching off.

-------------

By the way I read on an Amazon review that once the Mojo reaches full charge, the charging switches off.  In other words it won't sit constantly charging, and for desktop operation the charging cycle needs to be manually restarted.

I am in England, so no issues with warm weather. It was charging extremely slowly (if at all) whilst playing music, in fact over about 4 hours battery stayed on orange light and didn't move - the charger i have puts out 1A. Anyway don't think there's an issue here, i will keep an eye ear on it though. 

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #4,611 of 42,765
I've come to a conclusion that the Mojo loves highly resolving headphones, like the HD800. As it has a very natural/analogue like presentation of the sound without any digital shrillness, we can use headphones that are brutally honest, the Mojo will make them sing without any fatigue. Was testing the HD800s at the shop and I my jaw dropped. In the end I purchased the Oppo PM3s but I'm slightly regretting this as they are not doing the Mojo justice with their warmish sound and rolled off treble, even though it has a very nice mid-clarity. I might look to exchange/sell it soon on headfi or ebay as I heard what the Mojo is capable off (no need to mask it with warm headphone)

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #4,612 of 42,765
I was hoping that my HD800 and Mojo paired well I have one on the way. Thx for the insight.

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #4,614 of 42,765
Wow.

got the Mojo.

just wow. insane.

Forget the balls, the lights, the cables, the finish, etc. , for me it's all about the sound; 

Im moved, absolutely moved, by what I am hearing. Both adrenalised and moved. 

Firstly it's entirely unforced, smooth, uncluttered. No rough edges. 

But it's the Mojo's engagement that is stunning. The way the brain focuses on the sum of the parts, then individual instruments, then groups of instruments, then the whole again, it's dizzying and addictive. It's all there to be sampled in new and infinite ways.

It's all music, natural, flowing, alive, engaging.

Some mad voodoo juju going on here! 

DSD, HD Flacs or CD rips, they all sound absolutely superb.

K3003's are sounding just great, better than great - a great symbiosis.

Thank you Rob and all at Chord!!

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #4,615 of 42,765
Does anyone have the ALO International+ & Mojo and care to provide a comparison?

I have the ALO and wondering how different the two are and if it's worth to upgrade.

Also - How does the K-10s pair with the Mojo?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanking you in advance!

K10's pair awesomely with the Mojo! Great synergy. Cheers

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #4,616 of 42,765
  I've come to a conclusion that the Mojo loves highly resolving headphones, like the HD800. As it has a very natural/analogue like presentation of the sound without any digital shrillness, we can use headphones that are brutally honest, the Mojo will make them sing without any fatigue. Was testing the HD800s at the shop and I my jaw dropped. In the end I purchased the Oppo PM3s but I'm slightly regretting this as they are not doing the Mojo justice with their warmish sound and rolled off treble, even though it has a very nice mid-clarity. I might look to exchange/sell it soon on headfi or ebay as I heard what the Mojo is capable off (no need to mask it with warm headphone)

When i use the mojo with a smartphone samsung S3 and the Oppo PM3 or the HD600. I prefer the HD600 for home
But if i use the mojo with the Oppo BDP-103D with optical fiber, The Oppo PM3 sound more more better.
So for nomade, the PM3 stay a good choice.
Maybe, i will not have to spend for a HD800 at home.

Code:
[left] I hope the new accessories of Mojo will be available soon .[/left]

Actually, I wound take the Oppo BDP-103D and the mojo with me to the sailor to check the HD800. Not easy.

My conclusion: before thinking to change the headphones, be sure to use with mojo an accurate provider of PCM flow.

I have faith in Chord to propose us a good one and soon......

When Mr Rob? Week or month?

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #4,617 of 42,765
Using my DX90 but a bit disappointed that both DFF and DSF files are outputting at "only" 24/88
via Coax into Mojo.

96/176/192 all work fine and show correct lighting.

I guess it's a limitation of the player.

This was whilst using stock D2000, wonderful combo

Nov 10, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #4,618 of 42,765
Admittedly for the first part of my reply I should have checked before postings spellings however my point was simply that no distributor for Greece has attempted to place a proper production order with us. We had a request from someone we hardly know Someone we had not been In touch with for many years asking for free units. I do not understand how you can't appreciate that though we all love Greece as a country. That when I mentioned Greece I was obviously referring to a distributor in Greece not the country as a whole that we are not enamered with handing out free units to individuals just because they want them. But if you falsely want to take offence then please do so as it seems to be a very popular sport these days,

Hi John,

I am the guy who you do not know! The guy who never visit you in Kent, never have lunch together and never meat every year in High End Show in Munich !
I am the same guy who has managed many reviews to Greek high end magazines for your products and the same guy who had here in Athens at Athens High End Show your employe Nathan Okley. I am your only Distributor in Greece for many years.
Do you remember me now!

I have also send you a direct email but you never bothered to reply so I am writing here the same question.
Why are you keep writing that a poor little fellow asked you for charity (2 free pieces)? Why?
Why are you trying to humiliate me and do harm to my business ?

On 29th of October I have send an email to Colin Pratt requesting to buy 2 units for Demo purposes I wrote: "I can asks to buy 2 units for demo purposes."
Which part of the "buy" you do not understand ? Of course Colin denied and the client got a negative reply from me also.

As for your previous replies of course they are not flattering for you.

Nov 10, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #4,620 of 42,765

Let me assure you that the rest of us do not know or care who you are. 

You have chosen to identify yourself publicly, why? Give it a rest or take this to email.

+1000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back