1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295
297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306
Next

Last
  1. x RELIC x Contributor

What was your treble increase again? Curious, you prefer the minor 100 and 300 Hz reduction. Not saying anything wrong with it, just interesting to know your preference.

2. salla45
    lol. I like it!

Im quite happy if there's a slight treble rolloff, should complement my K3003's like a charm!!

3. miko64
    would be interesting to see the impedance of the iem above w 8 drivers as a function of frequency...

HiFiChris likes this.
  4. JaZZ Contributor

It isn't a preference, just the result of trying to get the sound closer to the Hugo. About the treble increase I'm still undecided: Initially I tried a minor 16 kHz increase, but ended up in increasing the whole treble range by 0.2 dB, which seemed to get it closer to the Hugo. Now I'm trying to rely on the measurements at hand – but I can't seem to get the sound perfectly identical either way. The Mojo continues to sound slightly drier – which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

5. GreenBow

I am looking at active speakers. At the moment I am considering the:
    Wharfedale DS-1
    Ruark Audio MR1
    Q Acoustics Q-BT3

I am looking to find out news about more upmarket ones too but, I don't know of any yet.

6. OK-Guy

and that's what matters most, you the Customer liking it... [​IMG]

ps... I can't hear charts, I have a great knowledge of construction-drawings though... [​IMG]

salla45 likes this.
  7. OK-Guy
  8. x RELIC x Contributor

Sure it's a preference. You prefer to EQ toward the Hugo. :wink_face:

In all seriousness though, I'm interested in your findings and it seems the Mojo really isn't that far off from the Hugo if you're using 0.2 dB increments of EQ. I don't have the Hugo so I wouldn't be able to say.

Thanks, looking forward to reading what you end up with. :)

9. CosmicHolyGhost
    if you have the space, Focal SM9 gets very good reviews:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/focal_sm9_left.htm

if not,

http://www.thomann.de/gb/focal_solo_6_be.htm

10. JaZZ Contributor

My sonic preference is reflected by the custom EQ curves for my several ear- and headphones stored in my FiiO players. Some of the IEM curves have to be very slightly modified for the use with the Hugo instead of the player's headphone out. Now to adapt the sound with the Mojo to the sound with the (Hugo) presets I have to decrease the upper bass and to increase the treble.

I'm not sure if I'll get Mojo and Hugo any closer, but will report if I succeed. Maybe I'll just have to live with the difference. Fortunately I like both characteristics. One thing I'm rather sure about though is that the Hugo sounds more natural.

x RELIC x likes this.
  11. OK-Guy

Jazz... sit back, relax and enjoy yourself, two choices that you like can't be a bad thing.

Mython likes this.
  12. h1f1add1cted

Here we go (I have the Pro version):

000_570626.png

But again the Mojo has 0.075 ohms, no aviable IEM with multiple drivers would has any better source if you go for that, if you look for a really low output impedance source. This change can't be from the output impedance of the Mojo.

Here the same IEM on Mojo and a other dac/amp I own.

Mojo (0.075 ohms):

Spectrum.png

Other dac/amp (0.5 ohms):
    dsp_580934.png

Again the bass roll off is not from the two dac/amps. Both dac/amps don't have any bass change, straight flat line, it's the sound card itself. Only look and compare the treble nothing more. Both dac/amps below 1 ohms... And single driver IEM are not affected and the impendance itself of this single driver IEMs don't matter too.

13. GreenBow
  14. all999

No expert here, but can You explain in a few words, how does Your sound card makes bass roll off, while You measure different device (Mojo)?

15. h1f1add1cted

Because the sound card has this "built-in". It's not for professional usage. The same happens with other sound cards, like the Behringer UCA202, which had has a great line-out stage, but bad line-in stage (which is needed for measuremets in this case), seems this comes from the used capacitors that roll off low frequencies, or other not good implementation what ever. But this doesn't change anything with the results we now have, because if you compare both, it makes no sense with the small treble roll off, since both devices really are below 1 ohms output impedance.

First

Back
286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295
297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306
Next

Last