1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290
292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301
Next

Last
  1. verber

To my ears Gungnir < Hugo < Yggy

and Mojo < Hugo

haven't done head to head between mojo and gungnir 

2. OK-Guy
    Verber... is your post based on ownership or just demo, out of interest... [​IMG]

3. audionewbi
    Yagg is a wonderful amp but it is a desktop dac, at least 50 times larger than mojo.

4. jcoops16
    The short answer is YES

From the manual

Line Level Mode

To set the output level to 3V ( line level ) for connection to a preamplifier press both volume buttons together when switching on the unit. Both volume balls will illuminate light blue. This mode is not remembered so when you switch off it will reset back to the previous volume stored for safety reasons.

5. ksb643
    Screenshot5.png
    Yes it's set to bitstream dsd. Any other ideas? Thanks

6. x RELIC x Contributor

No.

For clarity, setting line level output does not bypass the analogue section as it's basically just the analogue output stage of the powerful DAC output. There is no seperate amp 'section' like in traditional setups. Mojo's headphone output is much more simple than what people are used to in a DAC/amp and is basically the same as Hugo with some minor hardware changes to accommodate the diminutive size. I think of it as always line level from the DAC with output power control. To sum up you don't activate or deactivate the analogue section. You simply set the voltage level to 3V when activating the line level.

At least that's my simple understanding of it. Rob, John, anything to add/clear up?

Currawong, headwhacker and purdah like this.
  7. verber

grudgir: owned (and sold)
    yggr, hugo: ~month long loan (friend out of town)
    mojo: several hour demo -> soon ownership (arrives monday)

OK-Guy likes this.
  8. spook76

Relic, thank you.

9. mathi8vadhanan
    Picked up a like new Silver AK100 for $280. Sysconcept cable also arrived today. 

DSC00044.jpg DSC00047.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg DSC00053.jpg

Mython, White Lotus and x RELIC x like this.
  10. sandalaudio

Mine plays DSD fine regardless of ASIO, WASAPI or KS. (Just have to remember to turn on DoP if using ASIO).
    Mojo's light turns white and JRiver says DSD playback.

I can't think of any other settings that you can change. You don't have any other DACs connected at the moment right?
    I know windows stuff up if you have multiple kernel streaming DACs connected to USB.

Capture.jpg

11. ksb643
    No other dac connected. I even deleted the Ifi DSD Nano drivers before installing the Chord drivers....[​IMG]

12. sandalaudio

Only other thing I can possibly think of is if you had JRiver's DSP playback setting configured to resample/re-encode everything to high-res PCM.

13. ksb643
    Nope 44.1 96 and 192k all show correctly.Red, green and dark blue. I'm really stumped!

14. sandalaudio

Mojo does seem like it is fairly load-dependent in the high frequency.
    That doesn't mean it will sound bad, but the load impedance causes more output voltage variations above 10kHz compared to many other DAC amps I own, like the Resonessence Herus done below with identical conditions.

FYI the plots I did below are at typical listening volume (around 200mVrms, so around orange to green light) so it's not at reference -10dBU etc. I don't want to blow up my IEMs in the process.

Mojo.jpg

15. aoqw76
    @ksb643
    Do you have event style enabled for wasapi?
    Jriver wiki here has the required settings http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DSD#DSD_over_PCM_.28DoP.29

First

Back
281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290
292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301
Next

Last