1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289
291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300
Next

Last
  1. Mojo ideas

2. auradud3
  3. JaZZ Contributor

Thank you! So is this different from the Hugo? (Which sounds more extended to high frequencies.)

So you two seem to differ about this matter. [​IMG]

4. xeroian

Hi slings5s,

Are you trying to turn this into algebra?

Mojo = Hugo + warmth - detail
    Dragonfly = Mojo + warmth + musicality

Therefore 2 Mojo = Hugo - detail + Dragonfly - musicality

Therefore Mojo = Geek out
    Therefore Yggy/Raggy = ?

Sadly there are no absolute answers. This is partly because everyone's hearing is different, partly because no one person has all the DACs in the world and partly because everyone listens to different music.

One absolute is Hugo = Mojo + £1000

And in my opinion that £1000 brings more presence, more space, better dynamics and more toe tapping.

I went to see Ms Mr last night and today have been listening to them via Tidal and my Audeze LCD-XC.

I started my session using Mojo since it was already connected but before the end of track 2 I had to switch to Hugo as Mojo was not delivering the goods.

However that is just one Artist. Change to Taylor Swift's 1989 (please don't) and you may get a different answer.

Ian

5. Mojo ideas
    it's nothing like that being Measured

6. JaZZ Contributor

I'm curious how this will turn out.

In any event the Mojo still sounds great for a portable DAC+Amp of its size, and the treble deficit is easily equalizable. However, it sounds a tiny bit more artificial than the Hugo nonetheless. On the other hand, its characteristic seems to accentuate energy and impact, which is a fascinating trait on its own. And e.g. it drives the HiFiMan HE1000 with great authority – resulting in a powerful and delicate sound that leaves nothing to be desired.

7. pjw241142

How does it sound with the T51Ps? 

8. maxedfx
    I have been using them with the DT 1350 as my work phones, and it is awesome. I mostly listen to electronic and Indian music, and the bad is full and the treble is awesome, no spikes and no fatigue! I'm hearing so much more details on the songs I used to listen a huge number of times!

Only issue is the positioning of the headphones!

9. sling5s
    Placed order with Moon Audio.  Anyone know how long the wait is?
    Loved Schiit's mulibit dac implementation; thought I also try Chord's fpga dac implementation. Different flavor I guess.

10. h1f1add1cted
    0a.jpg

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

3a.jpg

The iBasso DX50 is still a very very good choice as a transport DAP! Coax to Mojo and Coax to iDSD as well, both are different dac/amps and both in their own world best for the price range, can't be without both anymore.

11. pjw241142

Thanks - I just bought the T51Ps (& Mojo) for Prog and acoustic having owned the DT1350s a while ago. Game on then!

12. GreenBow

Without sounding slightly offensive about choice of headphones. The Beats Solo which Hachiko270296 later stated using are going to be a factor in the this. Sadly while they have a nice enough tone, they are not exactly fine detail monkeys. I know I will come under fire for saying this but I think it's pertinent to the discussion.

13. johndean

I have a 2qute and a Yggy and the Yggy is the better dac
    In fact I'll say the MB Gungnir is better by a slight margin .

So I don't expect the Mojo to be better than the Yggy .

I doubt it seriously .

14. xeroian

I think your point would be fair if Hachiko had said "I can't tell the difference". Then it might be fair to point a finger at the Beats and say Ah-Hah.

However if a DAC sounds warmer and more detailed with Headphone A at £150 then I would also expect it to sound warmer and more detailed with Headphone B which might have cost ten times the price.

Ian

15. sling5s
    That clears up the confusion. Thanks.

First

Back
280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289
291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300
Next

Last