1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282
284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293
Next

Last
  1. headwhacker

I agree if you only have DT880 and you use it at home. The mojo won't make much of a sense especially if you already have the O2/ODAC. However, if you like to move around or travel a lot and bring your can with you and have a range of headphones from iems to full-size cans the Mojo makes more sense than an O2/ODAC combo. You can't use O2/ODAC while on a train or bus. (Well you can if you want to. But I can only imagine how messy that would be). Anyway, my point is the Mojo is much more versatile.

Dude, he only talked about DT880. Are you saying the Mojo is optimal for DT880 than an O2/ODAC combo? iems are a different matter, O2/ODAC while have no problems driving even the most sensitive iems is not optimal due to many reasons. SQ is the least of your worry.

2. howdy

Im using the Mojo with the DX90 right now via coaxial and so far so good. i just got the Mojo today and used it briefly,right now its charging up for tomorrow.

3. georgelai57
    Thanks

4. headwhacker

DX90 with the latest FW is pretty much stable. The music player (Mango) in DX90 plays bit-perfect. I does not resample. 

5. NZtechfreak

The C connector termination going into the phone has to be OTG to signal to the phone to be a host, not enough to have an OTG cable in the chain.

gavinfabl likes this.
  6. georgelai57
    I presume Mango is the default player? Great
    And the coaxial wire into a Mojo is easy to procure?

7. headwhacker

Visit your regular audio shop they will sure have one that will work. For sure, Connect-It has it because I demoed the mojo there using their demo DX90 and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm coaxial cable they are selling as well
    The newer Fiios (X3ii and X5ii) will require a special cable. Which they don't have when I was trying different transport for mojo.

8. Dithyrambes
    The hype in the thread is real. I hopped on the mojo train. I won't get it until my relatives visit me in Germany on the 20th, but I look forward to hearing the sound.

9. x RELIC x Contributor

As per my post just above your initial question, are you specifically needing / wanting a 75 Ohm cable?

10. Watagump
    Ibasso cables.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786797/3-5mm-mini-jack-portable-rig-interconnect-cables-10cm

11. georgelai57
    Thanks

12. howdy

The DX90 comes with a Coaxial cable but you need a Coxaial to RCA adapter. This what I have and it works great.

13. x RELIC x Contributor
    howdy, have you tried a regular stereo interconnect from the iBasso to the Mojo?

14. howdy
    Not yet, I could tomorrow. Ive tried the Coaxial and just a 3.5mm to 3.5mm. I see that you tried the X5i with the Mojo and liked it a lot, I will have to try this tomorrow as well.

15. georgelai57
    This works?

First

Back
273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282
284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293
Next

Last