Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 6, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #4,231 of 42,765
  I have tried it with the DT880 Pro 250ohm which have been relegated to the cupboard since I bought the Alpha Dogs.

The Mojo had no trouble driving the DT880 and I would expect it to have no troubles with the 600ohm, however, to my ears there is too little noticeable difference over my other dac/amp, the O2/ODac to make the Mojo - DT880 pairing really worth the extra cost.

Buy an O2/Odac or Schiit Modi/Magni stack for the DT880 and use the spare money to buy loads of music!

I agree if you only have DT880 and you use it at home. The mojo won't make much of a sense especially if you already have the O2/ODAC. However, if you like to move around or travel a lot and bring your can with you and have a range of headphones from iems to full-size cans the Mojo makes more sense than an O2/ODAC combo. You can't use O2/ODAC while on a train or bus. (Well you can if you want to. But I can only imagine how messy that would be). Anyway, my point is the Mojo is much more versatile.

I don't trust impressions like this. It may drive those headphones but it won't drive them optimally. I bet if you compared the sound of Mojo to an O2 using a pair of high quality IEMs you'd notice the difference then.

Dude, he only talked about DT880. Are you saying the Mojo is optimal for DT880 than an O2/ODAC combo? iems are a different matter, O2/ODAC while have no problems driving even the most sensitive iems is not optimal due to many reasons. SQ is the least of your worry.

Nov 6, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #4,232 of 42,765
Quick questions - I'm looking at the DX90 as a transport for my Mojo, a DAP I haven't considered before:
1. Is the DX90 stable?
2. Which wire is recommended for connecting the two?
3. Does the player downsample before passing to Mojo? Or words to that effect lol
Thanks

Im using the Mojo with the DX90 right now via coaxial and so far so good. i just got the Mojo today and used it briefly,right now its charging up for tomorrow.

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #4,234 of 42,765
Quick questions - I'm looking at the DX90 as a transport for my Mojo, a DAP I haven't considered before:
1. Is the DX90 stable?
2. Which wire is recommended for connecting the two?
3. Does the player downsample before passing to Mojo? Or words to that effect lol
Thanks

DX90 with the latest FW is pretty much stable. The music player (Mango) in DX90 plays bit-perfect. I does not resample. 

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #4,235 of 42,765
No. I used the USB C to USB A lead included in the box. Connected that to a USB OTG micro cable and into the Mojo.

I will try tomorrow. Maybe I'm tired and making an error.

The C connector termination going into the phone has to be OTG to signal to the phone to be a host, not enough to have an OTG cable in the chain.

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #4,236 of 42,765
DX90 with the latest FW is pretty much stable. The music player (Mango) in DX90 plays bit-perfect. I does not resample. 

I presume Mango is the default player? Great
And the coaxial wire into a Mojo is easy to procure?

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #4,237 of 42,765

Visit your regular audio shop they will sure have one that will work. For sure, Connect-It has it because I demoed the mojo there using their demo DX90 and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm coaxial cable they are selling as well
The newer Fiios (X3ii and X5ii) will require a special cable. Which they don't have when I was trying different transport for mojo.

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #4,239 of 42,765

As per my post just above your initial question, are you specifically needing / wanting a 75 Ohm cable?

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #4,241 of 42,765
Visit your regular audio shop they will sure have one that will work. For sure, Connect-It has it because I demoed the mojo there using their demo DX90 and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm coaxial cable they are selling as well
The newer Fiios (X3ii and X5ii) will require a special cable. Which they don't have when I was trying different transport for mojo.

Thanks

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #4,243 of 42,765
howdy, have you tried a regular stereo interconnect from the iBasso to the Mojo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back