1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last
  1. JaZZ Contributor

Understood. Some people like amps and such... [​IMG]

2. JaZZ Contributor

Congrat, Black Dog! [​IMG] And welcome to Head-Fi! (Where all your questions will be answered.)

3. Black Dog

This is a remarkable community & treasure trove!

Cheers.

4. MrBucket
    Just picked mine up from Stereo Exchange in Manhattan. I went in just to hear the LCD-4, and the Chord distributer had the Mojo there. The Mojo was able to drive the LCD-4 better than my AK240 could drive my LCD-X. That was pretty much all I needed to hear.

Also according to the distributer, I am the first North American customer with a Mojo in their hands :)

wormsdriver likes this.
  5. jamato8 Contributor

How did the LCD 4 sound in the combo? 

6. ksb643
    I ordered from Moon Audio, can't wait to hear!

7. MrBucket
    Really amazing.  They sounded better than my LCD-X, but if I had to put a value on how much better I think I'd say maybe $500-600 better.

Tried them with the Hugo and Hugo TT and they all sounded great.

8. Torq
    I don't usually buy things without hearing them first, but I'm making an exception here (hopefully it won't turn out to be a rash decision) - ordered the Mojo from Moon Audio.

Very interested to see how it sounds, especially out of my AK120 (never really warmed up to that when listened to directly).

Quite a week, audio wise, so far - my Yggdrasil showed up a few minutes ago as well ... time for some Scotch and some music ...

9. MrBucket
    I'm pairing the Mojo with my AK240 and its such a huge step up I couldn't believe it from something this small.  

10. mathi8vadhanan
    This works only with Oppo HA-2. It did not work with HUGO. You need something based off WMC-NWH10, like this.

TB2kh_eeVXXXXbtXpXXXXXXXXXX-1929512115.jpg_600x600.jpg

11. tassardar

The shipment will only come end October so I'm still thinking get faster at a cost or just wait around.

12. angelo898
    now where can i get something like this? but hopefully smaller

13. MrBucket
    That was exactly my experience with the Mojo driving the LCD-4, I was astonished how well it did.  My AK240 pales in comparison.  

14. LouisArmstrong
    Thanks, Chord, for directing the market to the right direction. Digital products, unlike amps and speakers, improve considerably over time and the price should be adjusted accordingly. The latest and greatest should no doubt still command the highest price, but it is good to see technology used in the last generation being used in lower grade products and the price has come down - unlike another company which churns out new DAPs and special editions like there is no tomorrow, raising the price exponentially each time, and the latest technology they have is what? Dual DAC chips? LOL. Chord DESIGNS its own DAC chips.

It is NOT just putting together some ready-to-go ICs, wrapping a weird-shaped aluminium case on it and making sure it is the most expensive player on the market. We may not be the wisest consumers, but we should at least be able to say "NO" to that kind of scam as opposed to quality, traditional Hi-fi companies like Chord.

Tony1110, spook76 and obsidyen like this.
  15. jlbrach
    I don't usually buy things without hearing them first, but I'm making an exception here (hopefully it won't turn out to be a rash decision) - ordered the Mojo from Moon Audio.

Very interested to see how it sounds, especially out of my AK120 (never really warmed up to that when listened to directly).

Quite a week, audio wise, so far - my Yggdrasil showed up a few minutes ago as well ... time for some Scotch and some music ...

I too have the Yiggy/rag combo the only difference is I am drinking bourbon when I listen to my combo with my HE1000 which is my new favorite can...give the yiggy a couple of days to warm up and you will be quite pleased

First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last