Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 6, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #4,128 of 42,765
  Sony claims 33 hours or so and  I would get maybe 6 hours in airplane mode. Lots of other people had the same problems. 
I just don't trust Sony to honor battery warranties down the road so I returned it. 

I must have a duff unit... I easily get 25hrs plus using red-book at pretty high volume with my ZX2, I get 10hrs+ with my Hugo.... 33hrs is if your using mp3's.

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #4,129 of 42,765
Any particular OTG cable recommendations for connecting the Mojo to a Note 4 phone? Thank you.

I have one of these on order. Hope it works as advertised. The eBay store has them with with different angles to suit different needs.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/10cm-Right-Angle-to-Left-Angle-Micro-USB-Host-OTG-Cable-4-DAC-Digital-Amplifier-/301669713346?nav=SEARCH

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #4,130 of 42,765

I must have a duff unit... I easily get 25hrs plus using red-book at pretty high volume with my ZX2, I get 10hrs+ with my Hugo.... 33hrs is if your using mp3's.

I get around 40-45 hours out of the ZX2, i charge that thing every 2 weeks, i turn it off at night, i only use the side button, barely turn on the screen and turn on wi-fi when charging to update apps.

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #4,131 of 42,765
The zx2 does have 30 hr life if playing MP3. Hi-res it's 20 and digital out around 10-12. My zx2 always outlast my mojo when stacked so it's all good haha.

And my massive stack today with the esw10 on the other end. As a pure dac, the mojo is just fantastic. though since everything is pretty much near the end point for me, what I bring out is really based on needs and that day's storage limit rather then absolute sonic performance. When I can the whole stack comes out hehe.

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #4,133 of 42,765
Nov 6, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #4,134 of 42,765
Bump.
Any X3ii users out there?

I believe X3ii is similar to my X5ii which uses 4 pole 3.5mm jack. This is the newer FiiO design which squeezes both analogue and digital out into one port. So for digital out you will need a 4 pole jack to a mono for Mojo. Here is what I made myself. On the 4 pole only 2 poles (ground and mic/video poles) are used.

Or if you do not mind using adapters, you can use FiiO adapter to a female RCA on the X3ii, meanwhile on Mojo use a 3.5mm mono to female RCA adapter plug. Finally connect both with a regular RCA-ended digital cable. Voila!

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #4,135 of 42,765
Nov 6, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #4,136 of 42,765

//off topic// Are you sure it's not transferring different voltages rather than 0 and 1's //off topic//

Exactly. Many people seem to forget the role this transition plays. Cheers 

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #4,137 of 42,765

//off topic// Are you sure it's not transferring different voltages rather than 0 and 1's //off topic//

You've lost me ! Its a standard micro-USB to micro-USB connector wired to enable OTG. Anyway, the cheap $6 ones work. Used it with my Note 4 & S6 no problems. 

Good read:

USB-OTG

A phone is a bit different, though. Sometimes you want it to act as a peripheral: for example, so you can plug it into a PC, so the PC can access the phone's storage. Sometimes you want it to act as a host: for example, to connect a physical keyboard or mouse to it. This is why many Android devices now support USB host mode as well as USB peripheral mode: they can act in either rôle. But how can you make this work, when a host's USB socket is different from a peripheral's?
This is where USB-on-the-go (OTG) comes in. It adds an extra pin to the micro-USB socket. If you plug a normal A-to-B USB cable, the device acts in peripheral mode. If you connect a special USB-OTG cable, it has the pin connected at one end, and the device at that end acts in host mode.
This can be a little confusing if one cable has seemingly identical plugs at either end, which do different things. But cables with USB-OTG at both ends are uncommon: it's more common to use an adaptor, which has a host-mode USB-OTG plug at one end, and a rectangular USB-A socket on the other. You can plug a normal USB cable into this adaptor, and it will work normally.

All USB adhere to this, its just a transfer cable:

The USB 1.x and 2.0 specifications provide a 5 V supply on a single wire to power connected USB devices.
A unit load is defined as 100 mA in USB 2.0, and 150 mA in USB 3.0. A device may draw a maximum of 5 unit loads (500 mA) from a port in USB 2.0; 6 (900 mA) in USB 3.0.

PS. I am an engineer and work in IT but no expert on this, no "Snake Oil" needed for this type of cable but feel free to spend £100 if you like!

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #4,138 of 42,765

Why on earth pay £100 when these work perfectly http://m.ebay.com/itm/10cm-Right-Angle-to-Left-Angle-Micro-USB-Host-OTG-Cable-4-DAC-Digital-Amplifier-/301669713346?nav=SEARCH for under $6 !!  I use this with my Note 4. Its just transfering digital 1 & 0's to the Mojo, not like analogue cables.

No, I've actually seen little ones and zeros running across the connectors.

I was wearing these, at the time, though:

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #4,139 of 42,765
I have one of these on order. Hope it works as advertised. The eBay store has them with with different angles to suit different needs.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/10cm-Right-Angle-to-Left-Angle-Micro-USB-Host-OTG-Cable-4-DAC-Digital-Amplifier-/301669713346?nav=SEARCH

This is the same cable I linked many pages back. I have been using the same one for more than a year now, first when I had FiiO E18 and now the Mojo. Its built is surprisingly good for its price.

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #4,140 of 42,765
It was noted earlier that the A15 only have around 6hrs battery life if connected to Mojo

Waaaah! I hope not. it seems odd that other Sonys last a good charge with the Mojo. I might have to dig around in the thread looking for this. I am not buying full whack for an expensive DAP only to port it into a DAC.

(No disrespect of course to anyone who already has a pricey DAP. OR has a Mojo and buys a pricey DAP.)

My Mojo is here and still unopened, as I'm weighing it all up.

EDIT: I found the post that says 7 hours. Post 3546.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back