Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 4, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #41,356 of 42,759
Apr 7, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #41,357 of 42,759
Was testing my LTP w1 on my iPad, i think it is amazing how far we’ve come, the mojo its still my favorite dac/ amp, but w1 comes close... in a dongle format and for the price. Reading the interview gives me hope that some things will be updated, a mobile option from chord would be amazing. Let’s see how the year comes, due to the pandemic and personal issues I’m out of the audiophile game for the year, and tbh i wont buy gear again as i did in the past, the urgency of the FOTM is gone, only thing i want is to truly enjoy music. The mojo has that magic that makes everything simply spectacular, any way, just a way of seeing things this weird times, I’m actually selling a bunch of gear, and saying good bye to a couple of really nice things I’ve been keeping

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #41,358 of 42,759
I enjoyed my time with Mojo. Sold and got Schiit stack. Baaad mistake. While schiit is good, nowhere near mojo. But mojo is so vintage, lack of features, old ports etc. etc.. That interview gave me a hope. Will be first in line to get Mojo 2.

Apr 9, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #41,359 of 42,759
I think mojo is great, even it is a decade back gatget. It outperforms mobile phones, by far... It has a full body holographic presentation ( although a little narrowed soundstage, but not to much) that not many dacs can achieve. It has plenty of power and near to zero hiss for sensitive iems. Compared to ifi micro idsd , drangonfly cobalt and others it has the more natural sound. Perhaps there are better dacs nowadays, but it still holds its own way...

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #41,360 of 42,759
Hey all! Happy mojo user here for a while. Today my mojo stopped being recognized by my mac via usb (no updates or anything). Like a previous user the power button light recognizes that its connected but no option to select as output. The same holds true for a few other computers around the house. Any thoughts on a fix? PS it was working last night but today no luck. Tried swapping USB cables ect and restarts ect. No solutions in the "issues" thread or post #3.

Apr 14, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #41,362 of 42,759
Hey all! Happy mojo user here for a while. Today my mojo stopped being recognized by my mac via usb (no updates or anything). Like a previous user the power button light recognizes that its connected but no option to select as output. The same holds true for a few other computers around the house. Any thoughts on a fix? PS it was working last night but today no luck. Tried swapping USB cables ect and restarts ect. No solutions in the "issues" thread or post #3.
Try optical or Coaxial input. If those work then it's most probably Mojo's USB port that's causing the issue and might need to be replaced.

Apr 18, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #41,365 of 42,759
I'm sort of allergic to Micro USB (weird, I know). Have there been any rumblings, rumors or loose talk about a Mojo with USB-C?
I have heard first rumors/rumblings about sightings of a Mojo successor which I consider more than mere speculation and wishful thinking. I really hope they go to USB-C connectors.

Apr 18, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #41,366 of 42,759
I have heard first rumors/rumblings about sightings of a Mojo successor which I consider more than mere speculation and wishful thinking. I really hope they go to USB-C connectors.

Didn't Rob state about one year ago that getting more FPGA performance in a Mojo size/design is impossible? So would this be a micro-USB to USB-C and other cosmetic refresh update only?

Apr 20, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #41,368 of 42,759
Works like a charm with the optical out - lucky for me my 2015 mac still supports optical (Apple im looking at you). Been using it with that and prefer it over the micro, however unfortunate that it took a dive in that department out of nowhere. Working with US dealer now on repair request as per instruction of Chord. Thanks all! <3

Apr 22, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #41,369 of 42,759
fun tweak : disconnect the internal battery and connect to a Linear Power Supply (like Topping P50).

The result is a more lively & expansive sound. I tried to compare it with the internal battery as well as power bank. Ultimately, the result is subtle, but once I heard the LPS, going back to without sounded relatively dull and compressed.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #41,370 of 42,759
fun tweak : disconnect the internal battery and connect to a Linear Power Supply (like Topping P50).

The result is a more lively & expansive sound. I tried to compare it with the internal battery as well as power bank. Ultimately, the result is subtle, but once I heard the LPS, going back to without sounded relatively dull and compressed.
The Topping P50 , as good as it maybe, only provides 5V or 15V !
Mojo requires 7V min. upto 8.5V max.
Isn't there a mismatch in there, somewhere?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back